Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 08:47 AM

18,986 posts, read 9,022,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westboundrambler View Post
Maybe it used to, but I've never seen it.
Then either you live in a cave with no access to electronic or print media of any kind or you willfully turn a blind eye to that which you want to pretend doesn't exist.

Old 06-30-2015, 08:52 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,754,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
I guess the market has spoken.
If you believe in pure democracy, sure.

Old 06-30-2015, 09:19 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,313,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Everywhere I go the hetrosexual lifestyle is pushed in my face. There is a church on every corner, but my town doesn't have one single gay bar. When we go to the movies we are forced to watch straight people display public affection, boys and girls holding hands or even kissing, yech! But if two women smooch, or god forbid two old gays with ZZ top beards...

Disneyland, now there's a great example. There isn't one single gay Disney couple. I think Minney Mouse should marry Snow White and live in the castle with the seven gay dwarfs! It's better than shacking up with Mickey like that brazen hussy has done for 50 years.

All this contention about gay cakes is just a smoke screen by conservatives pushing their hetro lifestyle. Everyone knows REAL gays don't eat cake. They nibble celery and carrots lest they gain weight.

If you think about it most criminals are the offspring of the hetrosexual lifestyle choice made by their parents. The prison system is filled with the children of parents who follow the religious lifestyle.

Maybe it isn't gay people who are the problem. When was the last time a lesbian started a war? When was the last time a gay guy drove a car bomb into a market in Iraq?

Kinda makes you think huh?
Why is a church heterosexual, nothing would stop you from having a church. Same thing with your Homosexual bar, you could open one.

A movie is just that, go see a Homosexual movie. Men and Women hugging is just normal.

Why would you force Disney to make Homosexual characters? Forcing your beliefs? I thought Homosexuals were not doing this.

Forcing people to do something against their beliefs, now who is being picked on?

Everyone comes from a Heterosexual so why wouldn't criminals? How do you know all criminals and terrorists are Heterosexual?

Old 06-30-2015, 09:28 AM

64 posts, read 61,294 times
Satire. SATIRE.

Goodness gracious people. Can you not recognize a tongue and cheek post when you see it??

Old 06-30-2015, 09:28 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,756,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
If you believe in pure democracy, sure.
What's your point? Are you suggesting that the gay bar the OP mentioned went out of business because of some anti-gay bar rules or regulations? From what the OP posted we know 3 things:

1. The bar went out of business
2. They refused service to heterosexual folks and
3. No one sued over being refused service

So exactly how did democracy unfairly select this business for failure?

Old 06-30-2015, 09:34 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,897,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlAndSparrow View Post
Oh, and we straight people have been having big, showy weddings for ages. I know I did.

The right to get married was no big deal to me, because I always knew I had it. I always knew that the countless cultural narratives about marriage and family and togetherness and holidays and love and eternal loyalty and all that good stuff was right there waiting for me. It was no big deal to me because I just had to find a mate in order to join in.

The heterosexual lifestyle is pretty awesome. I still enjoy showing it off.

I think it's great that gay people can join in now. They can have the same kind of happiness I've always had access to.
+1. And for all the people who are bashing OP's thread, he/she is being sarcastic.

Old 06-30-2015, 09:36 AM

39,024 posts, read 27,423,093 times
Quote:

All this contention about gay cakes is just a smoke screen by conservatives pushing their hetro lifestyle. Everyone knows REAL gays don't eat cake. They nibble celery and carrots lest they gain weight.:
Diet doesn't work.

Old 06-30-2015, 09:38 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,861,675 times
Quote:
Nah, the last one went broke cause they didn't serve hetrosexuals.

But nobody sued them.

Oh, and I'm sorry if my "pointless" thread offends your sense of what should be discussed on the internet. I mean considering the like page after page of mostly anti gay threads here.

I suggest you build a playhouse and call it a Gay Bar.

What percentage of C-D would you estimate is gay? Your thread represents a very small percentage.

Old 06-30-2015, 10:22 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,393,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Successful Brands Use Sex To Sell Their Products.

It's been said that as human beings, we have a lizard or reptilian brain that responds to certain primal urges. Food is one. Sex and reproduction is definitely another. This underlying, pre-programmed disposition to respond to sexual imagery is so strong, it has been used for over 100 years in advertising.

It is a successful marketing strategy because sex sells, always will.

Does it really mean that heterosexuals promote their lifestyle when they are trying to sell products?
Even in the case of that "lady lover" Chobani yogurt commercial I posted?

Nah... I think they turned off a lot of people with that commercial.

I won't stop buying the yogurt, but that commercial turned me way off.

Old 06-30-2015, 10:26 AM

4,190 posts, read 3,728,054 times
If I had a masculine wife, I may actually question my own sexuality as masculinity is not attractive to most heterosexual males. If I was gay I couldn't imagine being with the guy next door that looked like the girl from down the street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies