Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 05:00 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,508,949 times

Advertisements

So, tell us, is anyone here on this forum going to become part of the elite religious group of married people?
Lets here it. So happy for you...LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2015, 05:19 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
So, tell us, is anyone here on this forum going to become part of the elite religious group of married people?
Lets here it. So happy for you...LOL
I have gay friends a couple of gay relatives but no one is getting married? Maybe they're smart

Old 06-29-2015, 05:31 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,508,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I have gay friends a couple of gay relatives but no one is getting married? Maybe they're smart
My sister is gay, and she will not marry again. She was married to a man before. Marriage is not what most people realize. Takes allot of work. Its not a piece of paper.

Old 06-29-2015, 05:34 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,951,921 times
Who wants to be unhappy like all you straight people?

Nah, we aren't getting married - we'd get "killed" on our real estate taxes if we do. Plus we don't believe the govt should be involved in regulating personal relationships.

So see, all this fighting and knashing of teeth by the religious right was for naught.

But we DO want the RIGHT to get married if we want to - just like every other American.

Old 06-29-2015, 05:36 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,506 times
All of us "straight people" are not unhappy but I'm sorry you're a homosexual. Must be very sad.

Old 06-29-2015, 05:38 PM

Quote:
My sister is gay, and she will not marry again. She was married to a man before. Marriage is not what most people realize. Takes allot of work. Its not a piece of paper.
Maybe it makes sense if you have kids, or when you are older and want to share property.

One of my co-workers just went the legal union route with his live in girlfriend. For taxes and medical insurance reasons. I guess they can't go after each others property if they decide to split

Old 06-29-2015, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Who wants to be unhappy like all you straight people?

Nah, we aren't getting married - we'd get "killed" on our real estate taxes if we do. Plus we don't believe the govt should be involved in regulating personal relationships.

So see, all this fighting and knashing of teeth by the religious right was for naught.

But we DO want the RIGHT to get married if we want to - just like every other American.

"Who wants to be unhappy like all you straight people?"

I bet there are plenty of unhappy married gay people already.

"But we DO want the RIGHT to get married if we want to - just like every other American"

I lean more right than left, and I'm fine with gay people getting married. If I decide to get hitched, I going with the Legal Union to not have all the married downside. "Legal Union" Thanks gay people

Old 06-29-2015, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
All of us "straight people" are not unhappy but I'm sorry you're a homosexual. Must be very sad.
I'm a lesbian, so I understand you are probably sad and feeling rejected.

But my partner and I are heading into our eleventh year of happiness together.

PS - I support Isreal too.

Old 06-29-2015, 05:47 PM

563 posts, read 524,281 times
Default Marriage, it ain't what it used to be.

Quote:

Not so long ago, last week, a gay couple could have a commitment ceremony/civil union. The couple had a choice of something I call marriage light or something more like a real marriage. The real marriage option had property rights and if it were to be dissolved, would be very much like a traditional marriage/divorce. Attorneys, property/asset division, etc. Marriage light was not like that although it did over some protections, the right to be counted as a spouse in case of hospitalization. However that is where the similarities end. If you wanted to get a divorce, all you had to do was to go to the courthouse, by yourself even, and pay $20 and have the marriage dissolved. $20 and you were done. Best part is, you did to even have to tell your partner or anyone else about the dissolution. It was just done. Now that option is no longer available. Marriage is for keeps. No longer just for pretend. Just so you know. For keeps.

Old 06-29-2015, 05:52 PM

Or until divorce, like with all those happy hetro couples...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies