Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 03:07 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,813,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
But I don't think he got into medical school like he wanted to as an Asian. I never said Asian were underrepresented. They are overrepresented. Whites are being squeezed out the middle and our underrepresented. Read my post before that one.

What is the difference if a black person gets accepted by even every ivy league and a white person with the same qualifications gets accepted at none? What difference does it make indeed to someone who is anti-white.
He didn't get in as black JoJo either. He got into a low tier Medical school as black JoJo. He didn't get into any of the higher tiered schools he applied to as an Asian or as black JoJo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Another example for dental schools: DAT Scores for Dental Schools - Average, Good and High DAT Scores

Howard University
average DAT score 17.4
average GPA 3.2

Meharry
average DAT score 17
average GPA 3.2

You have thousands and thousands of white/asian applicants that NEVER get into dental school with these stats.
Well why don't whites and Asians go to Howard or Meharry?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2015, 03:30 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,865,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
He didn't get in as black JoJo either. He got into a low tier Medical school as black JoJo. He didn't get into any of the higher tiered schools he applied to as an Asian or as black JoJo.
Spin, spin, pin, Not true. Bottom line he got accepted into med schools as a black but not as an Indian. He stated he was in the running and being considered at various schools as a black but was not as an Indian.

And the funny thing is, his skin is "black". Don't liberals tell us race is just about "skin color"?

Quote:
Well why don't whites and Asians go to Howard or Meharry?
They would be discriminated against even more than they already are at every other school.

Old 06-30-2015, 03:38 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don't care where he lived or whose brother he is. As an American, he claimed that he couldn't get into medical school with substandard marks because he's Asian. So he pretended to be black and got in. That doesn't prove that he wouldn't have gotten in as an Asian. I'm supposed to believe that every Asian in a good school is super brilliant?

Perish the thought.

And strangely enough...he got into UCLA, a very, very good school...under his own name and offering no deceptions whatsoever.

As for the stories of blacks being accepted into every Ivy, so what? "Something is very wrong with the scenario?" Like what? What difference should it make to you if they get accepted into one Ivy or all the Ivies. Is it taking money out of your pocket? These are private schools. What's it to you?
Something is very wrong if they are getting in due to their race over others who are not black. That is a problem. Race should not even be on an application. Neither should gender.

Old 06-30-2015, 03:58 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,865,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Something is very wrong if they are getting in due to their race over others who are not black. That is a problem. Race should not even be on an application. Neither should gender.
Here's my complaint. If you're going to use racial/sex balancing, and I'm not saying they should, at least apply it fairly and evenly.

AA in education (and employment) allows blacks and Hispanics at least nearly equal representation independent of merit and allows Asians and Jewish which Asians are growing in numbers a significant overrepresentation for merit while whites are left underrepresented. So in other words whites are taking the brunt of the loss. If it was even remotely fair, then whites would be allotted at least 62% of the opportunities before Asians and Jewish get to be overrepresented . They'd still get to be overrepresented but not by factor of 4-9x.

Basically if they completely ended AA, Asians would pick up most of the slots given to less meritorious Hispanics and Blacks, and whites would be little changed. But at least whites could increase their grades and SAT scores and compete.

The same thing with sex, females are allowed to be overrepresented over males, but if females are underrepresented then it's considered a problem.

Old 06-30-2015, 04:09 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
But I don't think he got into medical school like he wanted to as an Asian. I never said Asian were underrepresented. They are overrepresented. Whites are being squeezed out the middle and our underrepresented. Read my post before that one.

What is the difference if a black person gets accepted by even every ivy league and a white person with the same qualifications gets accepted at none? What difference does it make indeed to someone who is anti-white.
LOL...if you think i'm anti-white, then that's fine.
Quote:
So they are obviously admitting students that aren't as qualified based on the color of their skin. OP asked if affirmative action was still in use.

Where would we get those statistics even if they did exist? It is fair to hypothesize that better qualified applicants could become better dentist.
They're admitting students that are qualified....otherwise they wouldn't get admitted.

Again, show me where Meharry or Howard Dentists are killing their patients due to incompetence. You can't.

Every doctor isn't brilliant. Every dentist isn't brilliant either. My own dentist went to Montana State or University of Montana...i can't remember. And he's certainly no rocket scientist. Great dentist though.

Stop it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
You're really gonna sit here and tell me that an African American getting accepted to EVERY Ivy is to be looked at with circumspection? Really?

See...this is what i'm talking about with you right leaning types. You can't be happy on this racial issue no matter how it shakes out. Ghetto blacks are suspect, hardworking educated blacks are suspect.

This is why black folks should simply disregard everything coming out of the mouth of a conservative on the racial issue.

Old 06-30-2015, 04:15 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,442,120 times
I used to work for a minority owned company in NYC where I was the only white guy...why? Because affirmative action required them to hire a white guy LOL

I'm somewhat torn on AA...I can see why people are for it and against it so I don't know how I'd feel about them getting rid of it

Old 06-30-2015, 04:19 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,926,533 times
Quote:

They're admitting students that are qualified....otherwise they wouldn't get admitted.

Again, show me where Meharry or Howard Dentists are killing their patients due to incompetence. You can't.

Every doctor isn't brilliant. Every dentist isn't brilliant either. My own dentist went to Montana State or University of Montana...i can't remember. And he's certainly no rocket scientist. Great dentist though.

Stop it.

Anyone can be "qualified" if the bar is set low enough. That doesn't mean they are the most deserving based on achievements.

Again, tell where one would find statistics on the racial makeup of dentist that make mistakes. It's not even a relevant point anyway.

Yes, stop it.

Old 06-30-2015, 04:22 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times
Quote:

Every doctor isn't brilliant. Every dentist isn't brilliant either. My own dentist went to Montana State.

Stop it.

You're really gonna sit here and tell me that an African American getting accepted to EVERY Ivy is to be looked at with circumspection? Really?

See...this is what i'm talking about with you right leaning types. You can't be happy on this racial issue no matter how it shakes out. Ghetto blacks are suspect, hardworking educated blacks are suspect.

This is why black folks should simply disregard everything coming out of the mouth of a conservative on the racial issue.
But there is no problem saying Conservatives are suspect. Right?
Your mistake is thinking conservatives think that way. That's on you. Only the names have changed.

How is the perception of a minority getting preference based on race when we have affirmative action any different than the perception of a family member getting preference based on ancestry when we have nepotism?
I read your post where you quoted the poster, where does it say EVERY or almost EVERY or even most?

Old 06-30-2015, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Spin, spin, pin, Not true. Bottom line he got accepted into med schools as a black but not as an Indian. He stated he was in the running and being considered at various schools as a black but was not as an Indian.

And the funny thing is, his skin is "black". Don't liberals tell us race is just about "skin color"?

They would be discriminated against even more than they already are at every other school.
Prove that he couldn't get into that school if he'd applied as an Asian. You can't.

Again, he got into a MORE prestigious university later under his own identity.
Quote:
Anyone can be "qualified" if the bar is set low enough. That doesn't mean they are the most deserving based on achievements.

Again, tell where one would find statistics on the racial makeup of dentist that make mistakes. It's not even a relevant point anyway.

Yes, stop it.
Meharry and Howard isn't stocked with dummies...hate to tell ya. They got admitted, which means they were the most deserving. Otherwise, they would've gotten rejected. Besides, you'e now gonna tell HBCU's which black kids they can admit when they were set up to educate black students? LMAO...really?

If you aren't black, this is none of your concern. These are black institutions by black people FOR black people. That's all you need to know.

I know you don't wanna just come out and say it, but those dentists obviously measure up about as well as dentists from everywhere else. If they didn't, that new would SURELY come out.

Again....every dentist and doctor isn't brilliant and all weren't brilliant students. Relatively Ordinary people become doctors too.

Old 06-30-2015, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
But there is no problem saying Conservatives are suspect. Right?
Your mistake is thinking conservatives think that way. That's on you. Only the names have changed.

How is the perception of a minority getting preference based on race when we have affirmative action any different than the perception of a family member getting preference based on ancestry when we have nepotism?
I read your post where you quoted the poster, where does it say EVERY or almost EVERY or even most?
The difference is that i'm honest about it. Conservatives are all suspect to me, and when it comes to blacks and race, they speak with a tremendous forked tongues nearly 100% of the time in my experience. Can't be trusted. Period. Black Conservatives too. Hell, them moreso than non-black ones sometimes.

As to the perception of minorities getting preference, i can't help that. But then, i've never cared about that perception anyway and i'm not about to start. If whites have that perception, oh well. But any black at any university should hold his or her head high in the knowledge that they're there because they deserve to be there and they shouldn't be even the tiniest bit apologetic about it.

So...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies