Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2015, 03:48 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,435,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
Yeah it seems like poor people are angry at the United States. Nobody but you is responsible for your life.
Wow, you really are living in your own world, aren't you? You're mad at rich people, poor people, brown people, immigrants...anything you share to care about gays and non-christians?

Turn off Fox News, go participate in your community to make it a better place, and leave your prejudices at the door. You might actually learn something.

Old 07-01-2015, 03:48 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
It seems like ever since Obama came on the scene I have been drowning in the topic of racism. It really feels like race relations are much WORSE in this country now than ever before! People want to turn anything that happens into racism. A lot of it has stemmed from police shooting black men for breaking the law but so much more has transpired as well. Slavery is talked about a lot now as well, far more than it was before. I think it's good to bring things into light, but once again it seems like slavery and racism are brought up to shove in people's face and say, SEE, look what white people did in the 1800's. I am white and slavery had nothing to do with me. I feel bad that it happened...but humans were just kind of crazy back then. White people were tortured and treated inhumanly since the beginning of time as well. I'd say we have evolved as a species and i'm not sure why slavery is brought up so much again? Why not just focus on present day issues? No one can do anything about slavery anymore, it's over it happened just like any other tragic event in history. WHy should white people of today pay for slavery?

Everyone in this country has equal rights. Someone is always going to be ahead of someone else regardless of the color of their skin. I really fear for this country and I cant wait for Obama to be out of office. I am fearful as to what he will do next. I'm glad gay people can get married, but what he's doing with illegals and affordable healthcare is very scary. He is not changing this country for the better. He's encouraging poor people to not better themselves and in the process he's bringing down the middle class which is pretty much everyone. I dont understand how people love this man. What is to love? he is focused mainly on poor black people and bringing them up but in the process he is making life more difficult for the majority of Americans. So much is already taken out of our paychecks to give to the poor and undocumented aliens.

In order for America to be a great country we have to be somewhat exclusive. Harvard doesnt let everyone in so why should we? And why on earth should we just give anyone free healthcare who shows up? I am baffled. I was brought up to work hard and pay your own way. What has happened to that motto? Now the motto seems to be, hey even if you're poor you're still get everything you need. It's just sad. I have a 1 year old and I feel like his life is going to not be what i thought it would be here.

President Obama did not "come on the scene". He was elected president of the United States. Twice.

Because he is an accomplished man who happens to be black - there are many angry white people who resent his achievements.

No. Harvard does not let everyone in, however it did accept Pres. Obama.

We are not an elite university. We are a country that was formed by taking in people from other countries who were poor and persecuted.

Were your ancestors aristocrats?

How does encouraging poor people bring you down?

The handouts that concern me the most are those given to major corporations.

Old 07-01-2015, 03:53 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Obama hasn't made race relations worse but what his election did was drive every racist bigot out of the wood work. Somebody needs a Kleenex! Preferably a white one.

Yes. Now we know who you all are.

Old 07-01-2015, 03:54 PM

560 posts, read 750,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Why should the tax burden be only on the working class?
not sure i follow you. why should the largest percentage of people pay the largest amount?

why not do a flat percentage up to a dollar cap threshold? at some point it becomes foolish. if i am not getting proportionally more services why should i pay a disproportionately higher tax $$?

Old 07-01-2015, 03:57 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,435,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhult View Post
OH BS. It's worldwide no-matter what race or history. Go ask the blacks in France and they will tell you they are discriminated against and the country is racist. Americans are just the center of attention for the world. Somehow our slavery is much worst then the other countries when we where all leaving that period within the same century. All countries. All people have dealt with it.

Between the 40-60's all countries that were former slave states also were dealing with civil rights. It's not just an American situation.

Not even for old neutral Canada above us.
If I were a citizen of any of those countries, or an expert in their history, then I would address them. However, I am a citizen of the US and I am addressing the topic at hand, which is about the US, the OP's beliefs about the current US President, and how poorly s/he perceives white middle class Americans to be treated, etc.

Old 07-01-2015, 03:58 PM

1,624 posts, read 2,035,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
President Obama did not "come on the scene". He was elected president of the United States. Twice.

Because he is an accomplished man who happens to be black - there are many angry white people who resent his achievements.

No. Harvard does not let everyone in, however it did accept Pres. Obama.

We are not an elite university. We are a country that was formed by taking in people from other countries who were poor and persecuted.

Were your ancestors aristocrats?

How does encouraging poor people bring you down?

The handouts that concern me the most are those given to major corporations.
You never see other races showing resentment towards Obama. Even Ron Paul said that.

Old 07-01-2015, 04:07 PM

3,268 posts, read 3,319,953 times
Well I'm not the only one who feels this way. A lot of people are tired of Obama and can't wait for him to be out of office. This country has become way too liberal. If I don't want to give to the poor I shouldnt have to. Stop using my tax dollars towards lost causes. Maybe all these liberals should get together and start their own fund. Or go on a ride along with a cop in the inner city for a few nights.

Old 07-01-2015, 04:12 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Lightbulb All that's happened...

Quote:
It seems like ever since Obama came on the scene I have been drowning in the topic of racism. It really feels like race relations are much WORSE in this country now than ever before! People want to turn anything that happens into racism. A lot of it has stemmed from police shooting black men for breaking the law but so much more has transpired as well. Slavery is talked about a lot now as well, far more than it was before. I think it's good to bring things into light, but once again it seems like slavery and racism are brought up to shove in people's face and say, SEE, look what white people did in the 1800's. I am white and slavery had nothing to do with me. I feel bad that it happened...but humans were just kind of crazy back then. White people were tortured and treated inhumanly since the beginning of time as well. I'd say we have evolved as a species and i'm not sure why slavery is brought up so much again? Why not just focus on present day issues? No one can do anything about slavery anymore, it's over it happened just like any other tragic event in history. WHy should white people of today pay for slavery?

Everyone in this country has equal rights. Someone is always going to be ahead of someone else regardless of the color of their skin. I really fear for this country and I cant wait for Obama to be out of office. I am fearful as to what he will do next. I'm glad gay people can get married, but what he's doing with illegals and affordable healthcare is very scary. He is not changing this country for the better. He's encouraging poor people to not better themselves and in the process he's bringing down the middle class which is pretty much everyone. I dont understand how people love this man. What is to love? he is focused mainly on poor black people and bringing them up but in the process he is making life more difficult for the majority of Americans. So much is already taken out of our paychecks to give to the poor and undocumented aliens.

In order for America to be a great country we have to be somewhat exclusive. Harvard doesnt let everyone in so why should we? And why on earth should we just give anyone free healthcare who shows up? I am baffled. I was brought up to work hard and pay your own way. What has happened to that motto? Now the motto seems to be, hey even if you're poor you're still get everything you need. It's just sad. I have a 1 year old and I feel like his life is going to not be what i thought it would be here.
... is that Obama's election has gotten the latent racists up and barking like Pavlov dogs. Everything the man does or says has them howling at the moon.

But you have to admit, they are amusing. Always spittle-spewing angry and ready to "secede."

And they love to call themselves "patriots."

Old 07-01-2015, 04:15 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,804,566 times
Quote:
Well I'm not the only one who feels this way. A lot of people are tired of Obama and can't wait for him to be out of office. This country has become way too liberal. If I don't want to give to the poor I shouldnt have to. Stop using my tax dollars towards lost causes. Maybe all these liberals should get together and start their own fund. Or go on a ride along with a cop in the inner city for a few nights.
So for all your bleating and pouting about racism, you just don't like the President's politics? Got it.

Wouldn't it have been simpler - and, you know, less dishonest - to just admit that in the first place, rather than issue your tortured "I'm so upset that victims of racism don't pretend that racism doesn't exist just because it makes me feel bad when its existence is acknowledged!" whine-fest?

PS - What 'lost causes' would those be? A trillion-dollar war to ferret out non-existent 'vast stockpiles' of WMD, that has had the side-effects of massively destabilizing the Middle East and making Iran all the more powerful by removing the one main local check on their power? It's called democracy, genius. You got your way in 2000 and 2004, and we threw massive amounts of $ (not to mention thousands of American lives) down the rabbit hole of your guy's Iraq fiasco. Then when the economy went completely and utterly down the toilet on your guy's watch, you lost a pair of elections. Suck it up. And for God's sake, quit your crying.

Old 07-01-2015, 04:17 PM

3,268 posts, read 3,319,953 times
I could care less what color Obama is. He should be for all people not just black people. So no I won't suck it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies