Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 10:31 PM

21,876 posts, read 25,139,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsnext75 View Post
um white middle class is nothing special. If anything the people who should be taken from are upper class. They sit in front of computers, do some coding with their special brains and then get a bonus for again nothing. Take a look at people in positions like those ones. Not the middle class guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsnext75 View Post
then it's their responsibility to find a better paying job
lol

Old 06-30-2015, 10:57 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
No he didn't, but he certainly knows how to accentuate the negative while playing down the positive.
As the OP correctly points out, they never remember slavery and racism being discussed as much as it is since Obama came into office. But really, what did people expect from someone who's claim to fame is being a so called "community organizer".
People doing that were typically called rabble rousers for being able to get people fired up and create a group to complain and air their grievances.

Slavery happened a long time ago, and many white people have no connection to it, even from a heritage standpoint.
The white man's atrocities against blacks didn't stop when slavery was abolished and you KNOW that.

So yes, there are MANY whites STILL living that have "connection" to treating a segment of the human population as less than human.

STILL LIVING in nursing homes, but they are STILL alive.

Old 06-30-2015, 11:09 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Perhaps when the crime rates among blacks decrease, that will stop. The cops know who to look for and for what crimes. They are generally quite good at their jobs. They know which neighborhoods have this going on, and that going on, with these people involved, or those people involved. They won't hang around in an area that won't bring them action. They know what they're doing.

In my experience, from what I see and the people I know, men are pulled over way more often than women (even white men). Why? I don't really know. I see cops in NJ pulling over NY drivers all the time on our highways. Why? Because NY drivers are known to drive more aggressively and speed. I see cops pull over modified cars with tints and loud engines and booming stereos, that sometimes go very fast. Why? Because some of these mods are illegal, or they are often driven by young people (often young men) who may have drugs, be drunk, or simply be reckless and more dangerous than the average driver, and it has been proven that young men (late teens, early 20s) are more reckless drivers than anyone else. If you're not okay with cops tending to stop blacks more often than whites, then you shouldn't be okay with any of this either, because in all situations they are targeting people they know may be doing something wrong based simply off statistics or their own personal knowledge of what their job entails.

My white young adult cousin was pulled over for swerving to avoid a pothole. The pothole was clearly in the middle of the road - it was the March after a very bad winter that tore up the streets, potholes were everywhere - cop knew that's why he swerved, but pulled him over for it. Why? Because my cousin is young. White suburban teens today tend to do drugs, from marijuana to heroin. And guess what? He was arrested for possession of marijuana because he had weed on him. See what I mean? But is that racist?

My white brother was pulled over at 17 for making a rolling stop through a stop sign rather than a full stop, on a quiet, dead suburban street in our town. The cop gave him s*it for wearing a certain baseball cap and for driving a BMW convertible at his age. Just screwed around with him for those reasons, because he was a kid and he had a nice car. Is this racist? Is this just as bad?

If stopping black people is so wrong, then so are all these scenarios - age discrimination, sexism, discrimination for having a certain license plate/being from a certain state, discrimination for driving a certain car or having certain mods that make your car obnoxious. But in all these cases, the cops got what they wanted - they issued tickets, arrested people, screwed around with them, showed their power. Bottom line - they profile because it works. They wouldn't do it if it didn't work.

So maybe instead of blaming the police and society, we should blame the individuals and even groups for their actions. Maybe if young people didn't tend to smoke weed nowadays and be into marijuana the way they are (trust me it's a problem), they wouldn't get pulled over by cops searching for weed. Maybe if blacks didn't tend to commit more violent crimes, they wouldn't be profiled as such. Simple if you ask me.
Lol, whole lotta white denial right there.

Every white person has a white cousin/friend/neighbor who was pulled over or stopped by the police, therefore, it's no different than black people being pulled over, harassed, frisked, followed, shot at, murdered, etc. by the police 20 times more often. Cuz, like, it's totally the same!

Old 06-30-2015, 11:10 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,473,825 times
Not everyone wants to dance the capitalist's dance. They simply want to be paid a living wage for their labor. And they should.

Old 06-30-2015, 11:13 PM

1,669 posts, read 2,243,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
Well i don't appreciate the current president putting down [white people] and that's what's happening. He wants to just give things to [black people] and it's screwing the [white people]. Wake up.
Translated for you.

Old 06-30-2015, 11:14 PM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanabush View Post
Never fear. Soon, a rich white southerner will reclaim the white house and set things right.
So, you are voting for Hillary.

Old 06-30-2015, 11:20 PM

244 posts, read 168,783 times
No question that slavery affected blacks 100 years ago and still do now. Problem is within the black communites is family structure is completly broken. We have created a culture that actually celbrates behaviors that are anti-socal and a detriment to obtaining any sort of scucess in a country where you are 13% of the popuation.

Old 06-30-2015, 11:41 PM

648 posts, read 1,174,601 times
What Obama's doing with affordable health care is very scary..? Yeah, god forbid the hardworking citizens of the USA might be able to afford decent healthcare..! Oh, the horror..!!!

But I do agree that black/white race relations do seem to be getting worse every day, the media is aggressively and obsessively stoking the fire for ratings.. and frankly I'm beyond sick to death of hearing about it. And yes people need to learn personal responsibility.. but they won't, it's too late.. our society & govt have coddled them too long.. also Affirmative Action is the worst truly RACIST thing we have going on in this country, for whites AND blacks!

Old 06-30-2015, 11:46 PM

16,590 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
What makes you think that all "low income" people aren't hardworking? Many are. They just aren't being paid a livable wage. Don't confuse the worker with the non-worker.
I agree as the type of work and the hours needed to put in just to be able to save some money is not easy.
Few are able to just slide into a big paycheck starting out unless you got a higher degree and had help from your college/alumni to land one.

Many of us start out as low income, as that is the purpose of minimum wage, to get some experience, then work our way up.
I use to love working weekends, holidays or any overtime I could get. Time and a half or even double time seemed like a special day.

The point is that those working for a living should be commended compared with the lazy bums who would rather collect a check/benefit off the taxpayers than break a sweat themselves.
Many low income people work their butts off because of a good old fashion work ethic. I for one salute them, as I know from whence I came.

Old 07-01-2015, 12:01 AM

16,590 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
The white man's atrocities against blacks didn't stop when slavery was abolished and you KNOW that.

So yes, there are MANY whites STILL living that have "connection" to treating a segment of the human population as less than human.

STILL LIVING in nursing homes, but they are STILL alive.
Why then are the American Indians not out demanding the white man pay for the atrocities he committed against them.
Is it because that was too long ago?
If so, when does the black grievance industry stop blaming modern day whites for sins of people in many cases they have no connection to?
Heck why are some whites not receiving praise and admiration from blacks for their ancestors helping to free them, or stopping segregation back when Democrats were still treating them like animals?

Logically, if whites can collectively be blamed, then they collectively should be thanked as well. A lot more white blood was spilled freeing the slaves than any of the race merchants ever wish to bring up. They instead want to only complain and generalize all white people as being bad, or guilty of having slave owning ancestors.
Well guess what, my ancestors (unlike white guilt ridden Ben Afleck) never owned slaves, nor were they segregationist Democrats.
So even if we had a culture where the sins of the fathers were passed down multiple generations to todays great great grandsons, don't lump me or others in with them, that have not a single thing to be ashamed of.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies