Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 01:04 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The banks get bailed out. the poor get subsidies and welfare,.... "what about the middle class"? who can't get one damn bit of help.

The poor have no incentive because as their income rise, their subsidies are taken away. As the middle class works harder, work OT, a 2nd job to make more money trying to get ahead, the more money they make, the more the government takes. Our progressive tax codes keeps the middle class in a trap. The middle class needs to worry about themselves instead of buying into the "what about the poor" rhetoric. The middle class is not in financial good health yet they are expected to give what they don't have.

What about the middle class who's footing the bill for everyone else but who are struggling to pay their own bills?
Depends upon what you consider middle class.
A middle class person living in Florida (no state income tax) making $60,000 with two kids pays 1,866 in income taxes. With no deductions like mortgage and interest.

1866/60000 is about 3% I don't think they are in a tax trap.

They do also pay into social security which to me is a forced retirement and as of now that can expect it back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2015, 01:18 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I use my Obama phone every day. Did you not get one?
No, I didn't get one because I'm part of the half of Americans that doesn't matter in this Obama administration.

Old 07-01-2015, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I barley made it out of HS and I know my finances and the parts of the tax code I need to know.

People are just lazy if they do not know how to make money...........and keep it.
that's what they say.... Part is knowing how to make money, the other part is learning how to keep it.. (from the government grab)

The plain truth is: Obama boasts that he can do anything he wants by using his “pen and phone. He's too damn worried about climate change and Cuba to use his pen and phone to help the middle class. He don't care about the middle class, never did, never will.

Last edited by petch751; 07-01-2015 at 01:57 PM..

Old 07-01-2015, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post

You say under liberals the MC pays for the poor and I don't argue with that. But under cons the elites get it instead of the poor.
Where have you been? The true rich have become more wealthy under the Obama administration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
To me upper middle class is someone who has between one and five million dollars. That is not going to be achievable in the future for most people. And anyone who has that today will be slipping into poverty twenty years from now if we continue the direction of the last 50 years. More people, fewer good jobs is not a formula for success.
People with a net worth of one million still depend on income, they are still trying to build enough wealth, they could not live on 1 million for 30 years unless they can live a low income lifestyle. If they make better money they're forced to pay higher taxes making it harder to build more wealth.

You're right, if you work for w2 income it is difficult achieve a net worth of 1-5 million which is the highest taxed income. It's sad to see them fight for a raise not realizing that that raise is not worth much after the government take. Imagine if the middle class could keep more of their money to build their wealth to live on later. It won't happen, the middle class is taught to get an education so they can work for someone else, very little if any education on learning how to keep the money they earn.

Last edited by petch751; 07-01-2015 at 01:36 PM..

Old 07-01-2015, 01:26 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
that's what they say.... Part is knowing how to make money, the other part is learning how to keep it.. (from the government grab)

It just takes hard work.

As I see it..........many people just do not want to get dirty.

Old 07-01-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
No, I didn't get one because I'm part of the half of Americans that doesn't matter in this Obama administration.
I could get one.........but, I need the deductions of my phones.

Old 07-01-2015, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I could get one.........but, I need the deductions of my phones.
LOL, I'm setting up to get Obamacare subsidies. To hell with it, if you can't beat them and are tired of paying for the poor people's subsidies on everything under the sun, I'm tired of them not appreciating what they get, that they don't have to worry and that money magically drops onto the EBT card, getting money without putting in an effort, not contributing to society, I'm tired of their greed, their soaking the middle class, and always demanding more. I may as well get in line for the handouts. Actually I've already paid so much in taxes I should get it no matter what. I want to take a little back.

Last edited by petch751; 07-01-2015 at 01:50 PM..

Old 07-01-2015, 01:50 PM

Empathy is one thing, wanting to help is good, but not at my families expense. You need us, Democrats love to say at every election cycle, to help you achieve a better life but that never happens, partly because of the government. Some of the poor truly want out but it's the government takes away incentive when they try, instead encouraging them to stay in poverty.

The same thing happens with the middle class, the more you make, the more the government takes.

I'm tired of being abused, I'm tired of seeing my middle class family who works hard, struggle to make ends meet when the poor don't have those worries, magically that EBT card has more money on it, magically they get subsided housing, heating, healthcare. The middle class works to pay for these things without help from anyone.

Old 07-01-2015, 02:41 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Who am I speaking highly of? I don't even know what state & congressional district you're in, nor the name of your representatives. And yes, the people have the power to vote out politicians. This right is a part of the foundation of our republic. People tried voting out Obama but more people chose to vote him back into office. This is how it works. Do you get it? If your opinion isn't the majority in regards to a particular politician, it doesn't mean that you don't have representation. To the contrary, that particular politician represents YOU whether you voted for him/her or not...
WOW.... another civics lesson on representation. Almost word for word out of a sophomore text book.
Fortunately I left those books behind for the next class to read. Then I entered the real world where the theory and application collide. Until the situation is turned around and government fears the people, and not the other way around, as it is now. There is nothing to stop the pandering politician who acts in his own best interest. He doesn't care about you, or me.
I'm happy to have had that foundation. Saddened to find a house made of straw placed on it. When the wind blows the roof off enough times you too will leave that sophomore fantasy-land, or read it to your kids before they sleep as the fairy-tail it is.

There is always a princess somewhere looking to kiss a frog. Frogs still hopping around looking for that kiss. Working hard trying to get out of the mud puddle. Can't wait to be human and vote. That straw house is looking so good to them. Maybe they will go to the bank and get a loan for it. They will get it too. Catching fly's with your tongue is a great job. Only to find out later, it's too good for them, and that job needs to go to China. Oh well, it was only straw. Honey aren't you glad we didn't pay for a brick house. Living in the mud is not so bad, after all we're young and we can start over. And far to many of them will, at lower paying jobs.

Last edited by phma; 07-01-2015 at 03:08 PM..

Old 07-01-2015, 02:44 PM

I would like to know who and when it was decided the government could do a better job of spending our money.

If I want to give a family some help.........I will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies