Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 07:17 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,520,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post

It is impossible for a mother who has six children between the ages of 16 and 26 to provide for an environment where they learn to do schoolwork or learn a work ethic. They will get an urban, street upbringing. URL]
I grew up in Chicago- the baby boom. In my neighborhood a family with 6 kids was considered small. 10-12 was more common. One family had 17 kids ( and one bathroom).

Mothers, nuns and belts kept the kids in line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2015, 07:55 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,107,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Wild animals with really @#$@#$ Parents, or lack of. Of course, they will blame the tax payers.
Listen to yourself. Blaming tax payers? Your post doesn't even make an ounce of sense..

Old 08-11-2015, 12:50 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,664,885 times
I really like PBS but they are constantly running shows that emphasize "food deserts." They go on and on about how the residents can't buy healthy foods because there are no super markets for food markets in the area. The only stores available are the typical stop&shop gas stops whose main wares are prepackaged processed foods. Every time I see or hear of these "swarms" attacking a retail store I know why. Why would any retailer want to invest millions and end up with people who are shoplifters and thieves? When no sane retailer will invest in their neighborhoods we usually find someone willing to give it a try. In the end all give up and close. Then we hear, boo-hoo, we have no place to shop and that is why we are obese.
The worst of this is that the hardest hit victims these attacks on retailers are the elderly and disabled in these neighborhoods who cannot afford to leave.

Old 08-13-2015, 09:39 AM

1,850 posts, read 1,130,363 times
[quote=gumisgood;40235955]Uhh, you do realize that there are plenty of "Obama's sons" that work

That do WHAT???????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies