Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 11:32 AM

2,686 posts, read 1,769,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Trade deals like TPP, TIPA, etc are meant to put all this corporate hegemony in stone, and at that point nations and the people that make them will have no real power.
People already have no real power, but I seriously doubt that it is because of your "nationless corporations" a meaningless term if there ever was one. There is a power structure that ensures an illusory sense of power through elections, but the result is always the same. The two major parties are beholden to their kingmakers, and the establishment in both the GOP and Democratic Party is leftist in nature. They are also both conservative, because the power structure is designed to maintain the status quo, which is big government statism. I desire change, which is what makes me a left-winger, but not a leftist. Democracy exists to inhibit change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2015, 11:39 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VnorTn View Post
I hate to say it but I find this amusing. I am SO glad we decided to boycott Wal Mart over their anti southern attitude we don't have to deal with this kind of crap....feel sorry for the people stuck working for that company though...
OMG, how could anyone find this amusing? Your choice to boycott is just that, your choice. As for feeling sorry for those stuck working for WalMart, no one is twisting their arms, if that is the best job they can get, they need to work on their job skills and probably their interviewing and resume skills. WalMart hires people that no one else would. At least these people are working for a living and hopefully will gain skills to they can move on. Let me add, I have seen WalMart employees working for the company for many years.If they aren't griping why are you making a deal out of it?

Now I am so glad you find vandalism amusing, what other type of crime do you laugh at?

Old 07-01-2015, 11:44 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Haha $#@# Wal Mart. I feel bad for the elderly guy and employees but not the disruption in business/profit.

There needs to be more organized financial attacks on these parasitic nationless corporations-I'd rather boycotts and sit-ins but I'll take anything over apathy and lethargy now.
what part of valadiam and hoods do you not understand? This is very different from boycotting. Gee I might not like the neighborhood Mexican market flying the flag of Mexico; is it ok for me to enter the store and raise hell, doing damage and hurting others?

Old 07-01-2015, 11:48 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times
Four dozen people is about the size of an Army Platoon. It takes a lot of organizing to get that many to show up at the same time and place. I wonder who set this raid up. I wonder how much and what was stolen?

Old 07-01-2015, 11:52 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,296,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Just a bunch of young scumbags who will grow up to be adult scumbags.
Exactly! I don't see why the OP (or so many responders) have to try to make a race issue out of this. Scumbags are scumbags, they don't need any further labeling.

The blatent attempt to try to assign this behavior to the entire black community (like the person who called the irony that this is how the black community repays Walmart for being PC pacifists, or some such nonsense) is typical of the "usual suspects".

Crikey, why can't we just damn the behavior, and not try to make everything about race. (Just one more piece of evidence that the racist right are far more often the race-baters than the PC left.)

Old 07-01-2015, 12:01 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,162,125 times
No wonder Teens get profiled when they go into Stores. Some more than others.

Old 07-01-2015, 01:17 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,926,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
People already have no real power, but I seriously doubt that it is because of your "nationless corporations" a meaningless term if there ever was one. There is a power structure that ensures an illusory sense of power through elections, but the result is always the same. The two major parties are beholden to their kingmakers, and the establishment in both the GOP and Democratic Party is leftist in nature. They are also both conservative, because the power structure is designed to maintain the status quo, which is big government statism. I desire change, which is what makes me a left-winger, but not a leftist. Democracy exists to inhibit change.
The illusion of power becomes real power when it is exposed as such. Power always returns to the masses, someway somehow but we have to ensure the power is properly channeled and directed.

Old 07-01-2015, 01:25 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,092,732 times
Why do people have to make everything about race? Can't you just hold individuals accountable for what they do without commenting on how dark or light their skin is?

Old 07-01-2015, 01:34 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,536,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Why do people have to make everything about race? Can't you just hold individuals accountable for what they do without commenting on how dark or light their skin is?
When is the last time you saw a group of 4 dozen white kids do this? How about Asian kids? Latino kids? Just curious. Ignoring very real race issues just because PC liberals think you are racist for even thinking about race is the equivelant of burying your head in the sand.

Old 07-01-2015, 01:49 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 18 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,531,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter14 View Post
When is the last time you saw a group of 4 dozen white kids do this? How about Asian kids? Latino kids? Just curious. Ignoring very real race issues just because PC liberals think you are racist for even thinking about race is the equivelant of burying your head in the sand.
False logic, When is the last time you heard of 4 dozen kids of any color randomly assaulting a store? You probably havent because they are few and far between. Which is why this story is the only one being mentioned as the example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies