Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 05:41 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,812,567 times

Advertisements

Obamacare without a government option simply holds America hostage to the greedy healthcare companies... like the middle class is not hurting enough. The mandatory healthcare policy is like forcing everyone to buy a new car every year to support the auto industry. I pay $1,100 a month for my wife and myself - that's a car payment on a really nice car, but I feel better knowing that perhaps the CEO of United Healthcre can give himself another 1 billion dollar bonus.

Every other major Western civilization has free healthcare for it's citizens. Why couldn't Obama at least provide a buy-in to Medicare?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2015, 05:45 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
It's always been a sham. I actually supported the idea of a public option over Obamacare. Howard Dean was right in calling it a bailout for the health insurance industry.

Old 06-22-2015, 06:54 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,316,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
It's always been a sham. I actually supported the idea of a public option over Obamacare. Howard Dean was right in calling it a bailout for the health insurance industry.
Of course it was for them you two.

Who do you think he works for?

The elite.
Not you, not me, not grand mom or the neighbor. "Them"!

Old 06-22-2015, 07:01 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Republicans took single payer off the table from the start. That idea was DOA.

Obamacare could certainly be better, and will improve over time, and at this point in time is not enough to break the stranglehold that insurance companies have on America. Like anything else, it will take time, patience, hard work and overcoming the obstinate intransigence of Republicans to improve this so its more affordable and accessible.

Quote:
CEO Pay Watch UnitedHealth Group Inc.
Stephen Hemsley, CEO

Total compensation: $66,125,208 for the year ended Dec. 31, 2014

Salary: $1,300,000

Non-equity incentive pay: $3,949,000

Other compensation: $107,479

Exercised stock options: $45,569,049

Value realized on vesting shares: $15,199,680

New stock options: 83,918

Old 06-22-2015, 07:39 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Obamacare could certainly be better, and will improve over time, and at this point in time is not enough to break the stranglehold that insurance companies have on America. Like anything else, it will take time, patience, hard work and overcoming the obstinate intransigence of Republicans to improve this so its more affordable and accessible.
But it sure has a stranglehold on every day working Americans. The poor, well what do we expect, they'll always have their hands out just like the big insurance companies. It's the people who are in the middle who got squeezed again.

Old 06-22-2015, 07:58 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Free? I think an "lol" is in order!

Old 06-22-2015, 08:05 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Quote:
Republicans took single payer off the table from the start. That idea was DOA.

Yet again, blaming the Republicans for something that they didn't do. Not a single Republican voted for it. Not one. Yet, in your mind it's their fault. Unbelievable.

Old 06-22-2015, 08:21 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Yet again, blaming the Republicans for something that they didn't do. Not a single Republican voted for it. Not one. Yet, in your mind it's their fault. Unbelievable.
Of course its their fault, Republicans have done NOTHING about healthcare but insure the system remains as broken as it was, is, and will be as long as they do everything they can to insure that privatized healthcare is the cause of 62% of personal bankruptcies in America.

Thanks for nothing Republicans, because that is exactly what they have offered in regards to medical coverage for working Americans.

Old 06-22-2015, 08:59 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,206,701 times
The whole idea is that people like the OP that can afford it pay that $1,100 so that those that cannot can be subsidized. I actually don't find $1,100 for a couple to be bad, we paid $700 when I was self employed back in the early 2000s. Now my employer pays most of the premium but their cost is $1,900/month for the two of us, far more than before Obamacare, for less benefits, and they are worried about having to pay the "Cadillac tax."

Old 06-22-2015, 09:25 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Quote:
Of course its their fault, Republicans have done NOTHING about healthcare but insure the system remains as broken as it was, is, and will be as long as they do everything they can to insure that privatized healthcare is the cause of 62% of personal bankruptcies in America.

Thanks for nothing Republicans, because that is exactly what they have offered in regards to medical coverage for working Americans.
Uh huh. And the Democrat "solution" to healthcare was to pass an unconstitutional law that they didn't even read and then pick and choose which parts of the law would be enforced so as not to affect their elections. Liberals b#$%& and moan about corporate greed, and then support the biggest corporate welfare law ever passed.

Should the Republicans have done something about healthcare? Probably. However, the fact that they didn't doesn't give the Democrats a free pass on blame for Obamacare. They own it, lock, stock, and barrel. At this point we can only hope that it blows up in their faces and more Americans realize how absolutely terrible the liberals are at anything having to do with finances or business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies