Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 03:00 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,410,406 times

Advertisements

i listened to george takei tell a story once about him basically getting raped by an older man when he was a youngster... somehow people turned it into a love story... just an angry gay man taking his turn bringing up clarence thomas out the blue and making him a punching bag which seems to be the in thing lately... this aint 1991, no need to even mention him...the other scotus justices havent been mentioned by name in anything recently as far as i know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2015, 04:31 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Wow...he said that, huh?

In any case, i'm black and i approve....although that's a harsh characterization.

Old 07-02-2015, 04:35 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I don't get what was racist about it.How 's a "clown in blackface" is racist?

Come on now people, you say conservatives aren't racist for saying way more demeaning things than that lol. People in another thread said Trump's comments about how Mexicans are rapist, drug dealing criminals wasn't racist and he actually said "the people of Mexico" in relation to this comments.

Would it have been better if Mr. Takei said that Clarence Thomas was a just a clown?

Personally, I think the black face comments was to further illustrate how much of a clown Mr. Takei feels about Mr. Thomas. A clown in black face to many, is much more ridiculous than a regular clown.

All that said, I am black and I don't dislike Clarence Thomas nor think poorly of him. I agree with his assessment that dignity cannot be granted by government, but I disagree in that dignity can indeed be stripped by government. When one has no valid way to exude their dignity due to the oppression of the majority or of government, even if internally they feel dignified, externally, they have no dignity in the eyes of society.
Blackface is cool again?

It's ok to say blacks who don't hold to the lefts collective world view is someone pretending to be black?

Calling a black Supreme Court Justice a clown is cool?

Sure.

Old 07-02-2015, 04:47 PM

27,143 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Bad news from Mr. Sulu: Clarence Thomas is a “clown in blackface” « Hot Air

Quote:
Takei’s overreacting to a point Thomas made in response to Kennedy’s idea that state recognition of gay marriage is at base about recognizing the equal dignity of gay citizens. Your dignity doesn’t depend on what the state thinks of you, countered Thomas. Each life has inherent dignity that the state can’t destroy even with severe depredations. It can tell you that you’re property but God says you’re a human being, and that’s that. His point was a variation on Eleanor Roosevelt’s famous line that “no one can make you feel inferior without your consent,” which is simplistic in an extreme case of oppression like slavery or internment but valuable as a defense of the essential humanity of exploited people. All Thomas was saying was that dignity is a matter of natural rights, not positivism. Gays have dignity whether the state acknowledges their marriages or not. But because he came out the wrong way on gay marriage and because he is, after all, Clarence Thomas, America’s most famous black conservative and therefore the country’s supreme race traitor in the eyes of the left, Takei not only willfully misunderstands his intentions but slides easily into a nasty racial crack about Thomas’s black authenticity.

He’ll pay no price for it, needless to say. If anything, this is high-five material for jerkoffs who’ve already moved past last week’s landmark ruling and are busily gaming out how to bust tax exemptions for Catholic soup kitchens or whatever.

He definitely won't pay a price for it. 1, he's gay. 2, hes a liberal. 3, the target is a republican. 4, the media and the left view just about all blacks who dare not fall in line as Uncle Toms anyways.

More double standards from the left and the media. This clown Takei is only famous or "relevant" anymore because he's a homosexual. If he wasn't, the last time we would've ever heard a thing about him would've been his last Star Trek movie. He wont lose anything over this but if a Republican said anything similar, theyd be vilified and destroyed. To the left/media, it's okay to be racist or whatever if you are on the right side and pick the right targets. Just look at how they are destroying Trump, yet this guy will get a pass. Same pass Eva Longoria get's after bringing up Hitler when talking about Trump recently.

George Takei, bigot.

Old 07-02-2015, 05:04 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,386,091 times
Here's Takei's response in full:
George Takei to Clarence Thomas: Denying our rights denies our dignity | MSNBC

I'm not defending him but simply providing a pointer to his explanation.

Old 07-02-2015, 05:06 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
Here's Takei's response in full:
George Takei to Clarence Thomas: Denying our rights denies our dignity | MSNBC

I'm not defending him but simply providing a pointer to his explanation.
I agree with denying our rights, denies our dignity. But just because a black person denies your right, doesn't make that black person worse.

So George Takei is a bigot (most people are bigot)

Old 07-02-2015, 09:51 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Bad news from Mr. Sulu: Clarence Thomas is a “clown in blackface” « Hot Air

He definitely won't pay a price for it. 1, he's gay. 2, hes a liberal. 3, the target is a republican. 4, the media and the left view just about all blacks who dare not fall in line as Uncle Toms anyways.

More double standards from the left and the media. This clown Takei is only famous or "relevant" anymore because he's a homosexual. If he wasn't, the last time we would've ever heard a thing about him would've been his last Star Trek movie. He wont lose anything over this but if a Republican said anything similar, theyd be vilified and destroyed. To the left/media, it's okay to be racist or whatever if you are on the right side and pick the right targets. Just look at how they are destroying Trump, yet this guy will get a pass. Same pass Eva Longoria get's after bringing up Hitler when talking about Trump recently.
What price do you want him to pay. He's a former actor. Should his movies be boycotted....what movies? So again what price do you want him to pay?

Old 07-03-2015, 09:21 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
Takei should have not attacked Thomas directly. I understand and agree with Takei's view but maybe avoiding talking about Thomas' race would have been best.

Thomas' description of "dignity" is one of the stupidest and irrational things I have heard recently. I bet it's the same logic some people use to oppress others in many societies. "oh I'm not giving any rights but remember honey, no one can take away your dignity" Whatever...

Old 07-03-2015, 09:40 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
I had no idea who he was except for it seems like every liberal I know on FB seems to follow and repost his posts. So I just looked him up and saw he's some 80ish year old washed up Star Trek actor. No idea why people are so interested in this guy. And now he's shown himself to be a bitter racist. If you act like that after getting you way, the you are showing your true ugly inner self.

Old 07-04-2015, 12:53 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Why does anyone expect gays and progressive liberals to be tolerant and not hateful and bigoted?

The only thing proglib may dislike more than a white conservative is a black conservative or possibly a female conservative. Did anyone think proglibs actually liked black people and females? When they can't use you to promote their agendas, then their true feelings come out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies