Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 06:17 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,035,382 times

Advertisements

You have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!?!??!!

Quote:
In order to reach the total amount, $135,000, Rachel and Laurel submitted a long list of alleged physical, emotional and mental damages they claim to have experienced as a result of the Kleins’ unlawful conduct.

Examples of symptoms included “acute loss of confidence,” “doubt,” “excessive sleep,” “felt mentally raped, dirty and shameful,” “high blood pressure,” “impaired digestion,” “loss of appetite,” “migraine headaches,” “pale and sick at home after work,” “resumption of smoking habit,” “shock” “stunned,” “surprise,” “uncertainty,” “weight gain” and “worry.”
They were after money, simple as that. What a friggin crock. How the hell can anyone, let alone a judge award these two any amount of money, especially given the obvious bs symptoms they claimed to have suffered due to this. Unreal

Old 07-03-2015, 06:24 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Flout the law in such a case and there's penalties to pay in one form or another, as the law illustrates. *shrug*
Quote:
Want to own a business? Follow the laws regulating businesses. Fail to do so and there are negative consequences.
Quote:
Sorry but here is what you wrote:

You seem to think that some laws can be disregarded because someone doesn't like them. Either you believe in secular law or you believe in a theocracy. In this country we live according to secular laws or pay the price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That is untrue, we spend our money at all sorts of businesses, the ones that should leave are the ones that wish to violate the laws.
Quote:
Or just not own a business, which has been taken care of in this case.
Quote:
Christian persecution complex. The business owners break the law and it's everyone else's fault.
The law the law the law. This law is an offense to liberty. The lesbos are an offense to liberty. The judge ordering silence in this case is the ultimate offense to liberty.

All totalitarian tyrants with their own cheer squad.

Old 07-03-2015, 06:27 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,035,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
The law the law the law. This law is an offense to liberty. The lesbos are an offense to liberty. The judge ordering silence in this case is the ultimate offense to liberty.

All totalitarian tyrants with their own cheer squad.
The law is unconstitutional. And I still can't get passed the fine. What sort of judge looks at those list of symptoms and thinks for one second anyone them are valid in this case? This couple was out to make a buck from the get go no doubt. It's too bad the judge is too stupid to fall for it. Id still like to know, why did the judge suddenly reverse the decision? Who got to him?

Old 07-03-2015, 06:44 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,803,058 times
I agree with the bakery being fined. They broke the law when they refused service. But, I disagree with the order to cease and desist speaking about their beliefs. That violates their right to free speech.

Old 07-03-2015, 06:49 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Likewise, you don't leave Oregon either.
I have no plans of that, why would I want to ever leave one of the most beautiful states in the country?

Old 07-03-2015, 06:52 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
The law is unconstitutional. And I still can't get passed the fine. What sort of judge looks at those list of symptoms and thinks for one second anyone them are valid in this case? This couple was out to make a buck from the get go no doubt. It's too bad the judge is too stupid to fall for it. Id still like to know, why did the judge suddenly reverse the decision? Who got to him?
Just because you don't like the ruling doesn't make the law unconstitutional. If you don't like the fine, then it is important not to violate the laws you agree to when doing business.

Old 07-03-2015, 06:56 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Default America: The land of the Communist regime in Oregon 2015 - Cannot believe this Oppression

So much hysterical, undignified whining.

"Help! I'm a licensed public business required to serve the public and when I refuse to, the big bad gummint says I have to! It's commie-nism, I tell ya!"

Carry on.

Old 07-03-2015, 06:57 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Prove that people's religious/conscientious beliefs can be entirely picked and being gay can't. Pedophiles claim they are born that way. Should that count for anything?
That's easy. I used to be Christian, now I'm not. Now you CHOOSE to be gay. I mean not just the sexual act, but the physical, emotional, and physical attraction to someone of the same sex.

Let me know how that works out for you.

Old 07-03-2015, 07:03 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Did someone impose a gag order on the Muslims? Were the Muslims fined for it?
The left wing war on free speech is in this country is quite disturbing all aided by a bureaucracy.
Not much of a gag order since the bakers went on a speaking tour including the values summit.

Old 07-03-2015, 07:05 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
You have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!?!??!!

They were after money, simple as that. What a friggin crock. How the hell can anyone, let alone a judge award these two any amount of money, especially given the obvious bs symptoms they claimed to have suffered due to this. Unreal
They had a loss of appetite yet had weight gain.

This is what happens when catering to degenerates practicing deviancy and wanting special rights on top of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies