Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 08:51 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,146,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
How dumb do you have to be to not understand the difference in the comparisons?
Oh, I understand perfectly. First, cherry-pick a date from over a hundred years ago. Then compare blacks from one particular city in the US to whites in a different country.

Using those constraints, I could make any race look smarter than any other race.

Why not stick to blacks and whites raised in the same place?

Old 07-03-2015, 08:53 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Oh, I understand perfectly. First, cherry-pick a date from over a hundred years ago. Then compare blacks from one particular city in the US to whites in a different country.

Using those constraints, I could make any race look smarter than any other race.

I was comparing whites to blacks in the same country and city. What kind of drugs are you on?

Old 07-03-2015, 08:54 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Comparing people on the same socioeconomic level in the same city is comparing apples to apples.
What your example showed is culture tops genetics. A perfectly good use of data that only an ignoramus would not recognize.

Old 07-03-2015, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
I was comparing whites in the same country and city. What kind of drugs are you on?
I said raised in the same country. I can go grab any two groups of people and put them in the same spot. What kind of drugs are you on?

Old 07-03-2015, 08:56 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Of course there are physiological and mental difference determined by genetics between racial and ethnic groups . Science knows and has proven that.
According to "science" there is no such thing as race.
http://www.newsweek.com/there-no-such-thing-race-283123

If you find a group of chimpanzees living in the wild and take DNA from 2 of its members, their will be a greater differences in those 2 chimps DNA (than differences in a black and white persons DNA.)

But I'm sure Adolf Hitler would have loved your post.

Old 07-03-2015, 08:58 PM

Quote:

We have to go back over 50 years just to eliminate the nasty effects of welfare that disproportionately screwed the black family.

Old 07-03-2015, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post

If you find a group of chimpanzees living in the wild and take DNA from 2 of its members, their will be a greater differences in those 2 chimps DNA (than differences in a black and white persons DNA.)

Well if there's no such thing as race, then I guess there's no such thing as racism.

Old 07-03-2015, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Well if there's no such thing as race, then I guess there's no such thing as racism.
Chad is a liberal. Ignore his no such thing as race crapola. Racism exists and you are living proof of that.

Old 07-03-2015, 09:16 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Chad is a liberal. Ignore his no such thing as race crapola. Racism exists and you are living proof of that.
"Anthropologists, biologists and geneticists have increasingly found that, biologically speaking; there is no such thing as "race.""

RACE - The Power of an Illusion | Press Release

Old 07-03-2015, 09:16 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
That's not science that's a media political correct opinion piece on the topic. You might as well say there's no such thing as skin color too or brother and sister lol.

Quote:
If you find a group of chimpanzees living in the wild and take DNA from 2 of its
members, their will be a greater differences in those 2 chimps DNA (than
differences in a black and white persons DNA.).
Genetic variety of a species in even humans doesn't address that genetic variety is correlated at several gene locations for different populations groups or races. In other words people of the same race have more of the same genes than they do with people of another race. Otherwise how do you think a person's race can be identified just from DNA? I suppose you could also identify related chimpanzees too.

You are repeating the Lewontin's Fallacy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_...'s_Fallacy

Quote:
Edwards argued that while Lewontin's statements on variability are correct when examining the frequency of different alleles (variants of a particular gene) at an individual locus (the location of a particular gene) between individuals, it is nonetheless possible to classify individuals into different racial groups with an accuracy that approaches 100 percent when one takes into account the frequency of the alleles at several loci at the same time. This happens because differences in the frequency of alleles at different loci are correlated across populations — the alleles that are more frequent in a population at two or more loci are correlated when we consider the two populations simultaneously. Or in other words, the frequency of the alleles tends to cluster differently for different populations.
Quote:
Just what progressives do. Don't like something, resort to calling "bigot!". I never said one thing bigoted.

Last edited by mtl1; 07-03-2015 at 09:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies