Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 10:56 AM

1,245 posts, read 923,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
Delusional claims by people who reject climate science and overwhelming evidence because of their religious and ideological beliefs are more than sad.
I think you meant consensus science, which isn't actually science. None of what you predict ever has come true. It is time to stop using idealistic climate models.

Old 07-05-2015, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Climate change is highly measurable and highly accepted by the scientific community. If you are an armchair conservative who denies that, you may as well cling to the notion that the earth is still flat. The only thing is question is whether or not humans are the cause of it.
Yes climate change is real, no one denies that.

Equating people to believing something else if they don't believe in your beliefs, is intellectually dishonest, and is hidden as an insult.
You need to stop listening to liars like the one in the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQvqHjTTces

Old 07-05-2015, 11:19 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I wonder why "global warming" is considered to be completely "solved", while "general relativity", "string theory", and "space-time" is fully open to new information and inquiry?
One, the global warming debate, is based on modern day observation of data. The other is an abstract theoretical model to try and explain how the tiniest building blocks of matter interact.

Most scientists believe string theory is the best approach and there have been many and sometimes contradictory equations over the years as our knowledge increases.

“I have not failed 700 times. I’ve succeeded in proving 700 ways how not to build a lightbulb." - Thomas Edison

Old 07-05-2015, 11:26 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,781,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
Yes climate change is real, no one denies that.

Equating people to believing something else if they don't believe in your beliefs, is intellectually dishonest, and is hidden as an insult.
It is generally accepted that climate change denial involves denying the scientific consensus.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_change_denial

It's only skepticism if you're actually willing to accept the facts, which is something that you and others like you are seemingly incapable of doing.

Old 07-05-2015, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
It is generally accepted that climate change denial involves denying the scientific consensus.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_change_denial

It's only skepticism if you're actually willing to accept the facts, which is something that you and others like you are seemingly incapable of doing.
So it is consensus science, that is not actual science ( that is called politics ), which is a way to avoid debate.

Real science is not voted on, that is called politics.

"The debate is over" those are the words of a politician.

Old 07-05-2015, 11:55 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Global warming will probably cost me less than $10 a month for the rest of my life while the actions to prevent or reduce it threaten to cost me much more and most likely won't reduce or prevent it.

I suggest liberals google "serenity prayer".

Old 07-05-2015, 11:59 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,781,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
So it is consensus science, that is not actual science ( that is called politics ), which is a way to avoid debate.

Real science is not voted on, that is called politics.

"The debate is over" those are the words of a politician.
It wasn't voted on, it was confirmed repeatedly.
Not that you would ever actually look into it.

Old 07-05-2015, 11:59 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
That's an awesome form of argumentation right there.

Lavoisier toppling the idea of Phlogiston should be a warning to those who think that Kepler and his elliptical orbits are settled?

Old 07-05-2015, 02:22 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
I hope for their sake you aren't running any ALCO's. lol
Nah, EMD-70ac. 4000 hp prime movers and with 5 other engines attached on the head end all at notch eight makes the ground shake.

And of course since they were that close to the track by law I used quite a bit of air through horns.

Old 07-05-2015, 02:24 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
So do you reject the basic physics and overwhelming evidence of man-made global warming because of your religious beliefs, your political beliefs, or both? Or is it because you just can't be bothered spending the time learning about the science and the evidence and don't want to think too hard about something you don't want to accept anyway?
The science isn't proven other than the earth heats and cools periodically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies