Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 03:46 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,070,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
My fellow Republicans, we led a war against the Confederate States of America and rightly smashed it. We showed mercy in victory and got our wayward brethren back into the union, to fly the proper American flag once again.

Why are it's modern principle defenders mostly Republicans? I don't object it on private property or historical sites, but modern government buildings and incorporated into modern state flags?

Come on now.

This puzzles me as a Republican, the very party Lincoln took to national prominence. Can anyone else help explain this?
I don't get it either. Why not fly the Current US flag with pride?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2015, 03:48 PM

31,288 posts, read 20,638,744 times
Quote:
This puzzles me as a Republican, the very party Lincoln took to national prominence. Can anyone else help explain this?
Freedom. Freedom to choose what flag you want to fly.

Old 07-05-2015, 03:48 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,806,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryview22 View Post
Certain folks just love to play the fool so they can conduct psychological terrorism against blacks. I was just reading some stories on the web about how whites used to physically and psychologically terrorize enslaved people with whippings, beatings and murders. They even whipped pregnant women, on some ocassions to death. Brings to mind that recent incident of a cop pushing a pregnant black body to the ground.

Folks want to play the fool and try to hide their evil racism behind that demon flag. The same mentality that drove whites to mutilate, whip, and kill black bodies back then still exists today. A local talk radio host, who, incidently can be a meally mouthed hateful a-hole at times, admits that the confederate flag became a means of giving the federal gov't the middle finger for enacting civil rights laws.

Maybe motor vehicles and homes displaying the confederate flag will become the target of anti-american terrorists some day. Maybe those who still want to claim their "southern heritage" will mark themselves with a bulls eye - something else suggested by another talk radio host.
The above is NOT psychological/political terrorism against whites and free speech at all .

Old 07-05-2015, 03:52 PM

37,941 posts, read 17,744,268 times
Quote:
My fellow Republicans, we led a war against the Confederate States of America and rightly smashed it. We showed mercy in victory and got our wayward brethren back into the union, to fly the proper American flag once again.

Why are it's modern principle defenders mostly Republicans? I don't object it on private property or historical sites, but modern government buildings and incorporated into modern state flags?

Come on now.

That's what I don't get. Did we fly Japans flag on government buildings after we defeated them?

Old 07-05-2015, 03:53 PM

23,339 posts, read 17,021,387 times
So some Dems back the flag too??? ..re 'mostly Repubs....."

Do tell us why some Dems back the flag.
Perhaps in honor of KKK official and esteemed Dem senator Byrd?
Any reference to Byrd should be taken down, crossed out and otherwise relegated to the museum basement.

Old 07-05-2015, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
That's what I don't get. Did we fly Japans flag on government buildings after we defeated them?
We don't but the Japanese may and we don't continue to psychologically/politically/economically beat up the Japanese despite they committed war crimes similar to the Nazis in China and else where.

Old 07-05-2015, 04:00 PM

23,339 posts, read 17,021,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
This is A-ok with conservatives when they do it to their own president.

What would really enrage them is if Bibi Netanyahu was greeted with a Nazi flag. Because that's how they roll!

Obama was greeted by Confederate flag supporters when he got to Tennessee
Probabaly arranged by valerie jarrett. Intent to have some pics taken of the beloved prez with confederate flags in the background.
That is a publicity stunt worthy of the Madison ave.
Imagine how that would look in the obama library to foster his legacy as the man who bought the country together. future generations will eat it up.

Old 07-05-2015, 04:06 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,299,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryview22 View Post
Certain folks just love to play the fool so they can conduct psychological terrorism against blacks. I was just reading some stories on the web about how whites used to physically and psychologically terrorize enslaved people with whippings, beatings and murders. They even whipped pregnant women, on some ocassions to death. Brings to mind that recent incident of a cop pushing a pregnant black body to the ground.

Folks want to play the fool and try to hide their evil racism behind that demon flag. The same mentality that drove whites to mutilate, whip, and kill black bodies back then still exists today. A local talk radio host, who, incidently can be a meally mouthed hateful a-hole at times, admits that the confederate flag became a means of giving the federal gov't the middle finger for enacting civil rights laws.

Maybe motor vehicles and homes displaying the confederate flag will become the target of anti-american terrorists some day. Maybe those who still want to claim their "southern heritage" will mark themselves with a bulls eye - something else suggested by another talk radio host.
I wonder how the native Americans and the Japanese can put up with the Us flag then? Maybe they just don't play the victim card.

Old 07-05-2015, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I wonder how the native Americans and the Japanese can put up with the Us flag then? Maybe they just don't play the victim card.
And some people wonder why others who continuously play the victim card while they themselves victimize others would not be particularly liked.

Old 07-05-2015, 04:20 PM

6,081 posts, read 4,561,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Because the issue is not the flag, the issue is proglibs banning! censoring! punishing! free speech. Today it's a historical flag at a state capitol, next it is the Dukes of Hazzard tv show, then it's free political speech about illegal immigration. Give communist an inch and they take a mile.
Come on. It's not as if liberals (more accurately described as non-Republicans) are the only ones censoring things they or their constituents find offensive. John ******** got upset about a partially nude "Spirit of Justice" statute and saw to it that $8,000 was spent on draping it.

USATODAY.com - Justice Department covers partially nude statues

And there's many more examples of censorship that Republicans are behind.

????Why did the last name of the former attorney general get *******ed??????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies