Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 07:57 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
The Government works for the bankers.

Why would it work for anything else?
yeah because not having government regulations is going to put the hurting on them You do realize, somewhere in that libertarian mind of yours, that bankers don't have absolute control over government? It's called get your people in government bit by bit, until you have enough votes to overrule them. It's precisely the "Wall Street can clean up its own mess" mentality that is the reason why the "bankers" control the US. It's not even just bankers, it's the Fortune 100. Citi, JP&M, and Chase don't magically run all of the machinery of government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2015, 01:13 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,938 times
US have declared war, raped, murdered, and damaged an entire group of religious people
US declared war on free minded citizens ( house of un-Americans/HLS )
US destroyed the idea of flirting between the sexes
US put an 1.0 non-heterosexual perosn between ever straight person that could connect.
US have mature elderly people who are selfish and leave there adult kids without basic needs
US are still putting minors in jail cells creating future career convicts
US prevent people from reproducing through scare tatics ( terrorism ).
US have an bunch of racist mid-westerners, and folks moving into the big cities.
US are manhattanizing every single space of plain, protected forests farm-land, and or intersection.
US have lowered the value of money and the debt crisis was created
US have lowered the value of every other nations money securing the dollar.
US have the idea that abortion is okay. WHEN YOUR R-TARDED SELF WAS ON THE SLAB, for Abortion.
Seriously what is an woman going to do with there lives? Nothing and nothing indeed. We can still have stay at home wives who are athletes and run businesses but seriously because of disrespectful men that is almost impossible.
We have pregnant women with no college training, no husbands, no jobs, and ex-con parents.
US are exposing our youth to radiation
US have allowed non-heterosexuals to be classed as norm.
US have allowed heterosexuals to be considered disabled and dum.
US have created an war on privacy that nobody is fighting at all, at least anymore.
US have veterans classed as disabled milking US funds in exchange for not being able to purchase guns.
US have our youth and adult high on drugs that makes them want to do harm to themselves or others.
US have created an fictional mental problem called autism.
US have created an bunch of future diabetics, high-blood pressure, and blood thinner users for medicaid
US have wasted our children lives and lied about the deaths of solders in the Orient region.
US are catering to an minority of people who manipulate an good chunk of the US dollar and rest days.
US have turned pacifists into maniac Jack the rippers, and ticking time-bombs waiting to go off.
US are giving our corporate jobs to former athletes and military instead of intelligent people who knows there products. It is like the head of the "Smoking Burea" who lost his job since post-war Korea. But now we are hiring post war Orient who are being paired off with athletes. Imagine that wall street being filled with miles and miles of people who DON'T CARE ABOUT PEOPLES VIEWS UNLESS IT HAS TO DO WITH WAR OR SPORTS. SO WHEN YOU SEE THAT CLEAN SHAVEN, GO GETTER OR THAT LEG O' LAMB PROFFESSIONAL AN HUGE CHANCE THEY LOOK DOWN ON YOU FOR NOTHING AT ALL BECAUSE YOU DO NOT SPEAK THERE LANGUAGE OR SHARE THERE SENILE VIEWS.
Other then that we have made the nation comfortable enough for people not to assemble, or protest, or even attend city council. Or go to court against the government, for destroying our nation bit by bit, and calling it an victory when the most dumbest of the dumb are out there making millions of dollars not caring about the problems that have been created at all.

That is what we have giving to the next generation. An power ceg of problems that is obvious and in our face and nobody cares. NOBODY CARES AT ALL. NOBODY WANTS TO CARE.

Old 07-13-2015, 01:28 PM

698 posts, read 587,939 times
I have to assume from the way the question is phrased that the OP means what will the legacy of the "non-Boomer" generations be?

I would say that the legacy of post Boomer generations will be the continued expansion of civil rights to all people, the first steps toward a health care system that takes care of everyone and the recognition of and attempts to undo the damage of the greed and carelessness of the Boomer generation.

Gen X and later generations will eliminate all forms of legalized systemic discrimination and take steps to deal with the large debts and deficits left behind by the Boomers as they attempted to strip mine every penny they could for themselves without a care for what they were doing to future generations.

Old 07-13-2015, 01:31 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,938 times
Boomer and Generation X are both intertwine. What about generation Y ( people without concept of ownership ).

Old 07-13-2015, 01:36 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
yeah because not having government regulations is going to put the hurting on them You do realize, somewhere in that libertarian mind of yours, that bankers don't have absolute control over government? It's called get your people in government bit by bit, until you have enough votes to overrule them. It's precisely the "Wall Street can clean up its own mess" mentality that is the reason why the "bankers" control the US. It's not even just bankers, it's the Fortune 100. Citi, JP&M, and Chase don't magically run all of the machinery of government.
The world banks don't answer to governments.

Old 07-13-2015, 01:37 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
If you're talking about the generation that put Obama in office twice, I'd say their legacy is ruining the United States.

Old 07-13-2015, 01:40 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,313,583 times
What was the World War 2 Generation's legacy thought of in the 1930s? What did people think of the legacy of the Lost Generation in the 1910s? You do realize that is essentially the equivalent of what you're asking...

Old 07-13-2015, 01:40 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Some people consider me Gen Y/Millenial, but I consider myself Gen X (36 years old).

I don't think I'm all that young but I'm kind of young lol.

I think the legacy of my and the millenial generation will be:

Dependence on Technology

I think our reliance and dependence on phones and other technological advances has been cemented with my and the younger generations.

Us younger Gen Xers and older Millenials are the first generation to have grown up with technology and I think that that will be our greatest legacy and the measure of our achievements in the future.

As a black American who is a younger Gen X, I feel that I am the first generation born after the granting of civil rights for black Americans and that my generation's legacy for black America will center around that.

I also feel Obama's election as the first black president will be a legacy for younger Gen Xers and older Millenials. Younger people are the ones who got him elected in 2008.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies