Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 04:12 AM

31,909 posts, read 26,979,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I will have to look out for them.
Here ya go: Movies! TV Network | Charlie Chan in Honolulu

You won't however be seeing CC films on Fox channels anytime soon: Why don't I see anymore Charlie Chan movies on television?

Old 07-06-2015, 04:33 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
So what is your point? Is it that the racism and bigotry in the Three Stooges should go unchallenged and accepted? That discrimination that happened in the past should get a pass and everyone should just laugh at it?

I think your point is you have no point or that you are a closet racist looking for ways to get away with racism and bigotry.

On a side note: I did not realize The Three Stooges contained instances of racist language but it does now explain why my ultra conservative father would be attracted to such low-brow humorists.
Somebody here needs to get a life.

When are you going to complain about the snake who tempted Eve with the apple?

Old 07-06-2015, 04:42 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
If the Stooges disappear from consciousness, it will be because some Christian Taliban nutjob like Ted Cruz gets into the White House and purges Jews. Kind of pathetic how the right pretends the left is anti-Semitic when they have Hitler, pronounce white pride, and most Jews are liberals.
I don't notice any conservatives going after the Three Stooges.

No, it's all the race-card players from the Left who are doing that.

Old 07-06-2015, 04:48 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
How Long Will It Be Before The Politically Correct Left Starts Targeting Old Classics Like The Three Stooges

'Til loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong after we see the Paranoid, Fear-Mongering Right targeting Groucho, Chico, Zeppo, Harpo et al because they're Marxists!

Old 07-06-2015, 06:12 AM

12,962 posts, read 13,676,205 times
The Black train porter in the old lovable classics was a bit of a slap in the face. ( pun intended) The typical Black train porter during those years was an Ivy League graduate.Train Porter was the best work a black college educated man could get.

Old 07-06-2015, 06:20 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,839,139 times
I do recall a few years ago, B.O.[Before Obama], there was criticism of some of the 1940s era Warner Bros. Looney Tunes Cartoons and especially Speedy Gonzales due to the Mexican attributes.

Last edited by Felix C; 07-06-2015 at 06:40 AM..

Old 07-06-2015, 06:41 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,760,732 times
I find the kids cartoons/shows these days far more offensive to young viewers than the old Looney Tunes ones. We have become a nation of victims... thankfully instead of making an issue out of todays cartoons I simply change the channel and choose something else for my children to watch. Its that simple.

Old 07-06-2015, 06:59 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Most people don't employ antiquated racism for entertainment. They watch it because they are usually closet racists looking for something that reinforces and perpetuates their twisted view.

There is a difference between being aware of the flaws of our political founders and rerunning old, knowingly racist skits as entertainment as if they are perfectly fine. We don't go and reinstate the old slave laws and use them as legislation now do we? So why would we use racist skits as entertainment?

Sorry, I will try to say it in the most polite way possible that this is a crock of s***! One of my favorite comedians is the late Sam Kinison. Let me just say he isn't for the faint hearted, or for those who are easily offended! He was rather tough on the gays back in his day, and it's a good bet in this PC bizzaro world he would have had his comedy career ruined today via the progressive lynch mob, with their incessant whining, and need to ban anything and everything, because of getting their poor wittle feewings hurt! NOW, having said that, it does not mean that I agree with his stance, because being the live and let live person that I am, I have stuck up for gay people on CD numerous times, and feel that they deserve the same life, liberty and pursuit of happiness that ALL Americans are afforded! But, the shock factor alone of what he said and how he brought his material was definitely what made it funny. It was like "oh hell no, he didn't just say that!" Like I said, if you've heard any of his material, you would know that to some he can be offensive as hell! At any rate, being that he grew up in a religious household, and the fact that he himself was a for a short time a preacher, he also mocked religion as well. I don't believe he ended up becoming an atheist, but he did through his act expose some of the hypocrisys of organized religion, which would also offend many Christians.

The bottom line is this is STILL a free country, and we still have the right to free speech in this nation. And there is no laws against being a racist, regardless of whether or not being a racist is right or wrong. The only censorship that should be practiced is self-censorship in what you as a person say to another, or in the case of tv shows that you deem offensive by turning the channel.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:06 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshoe View Post
Personally I rather have Abbot and Costello running this country than the current administration.
You may actually get your wish if you elect Trump!

Old 07-06-2015, 07:33 AM

24,406 posts, read 23,065,142 times
I think this current administration reminds me of The Little Rascals. Children run amok in the halls of power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies