Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 07:16 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,182,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
I read the linked article and once again, the MSM refuses to use the word "illegal" in front of immigrant. Politicians and MSM seek to redefine illegals as if by doing so, everyone is going to wake up one day and accept that even though they broke our laws entering our country, they're really just misunderstood. In fact, MSM and politicians assume we're all just a bunch of ignorant, low information folks, easily swayed by a change in rhetoric. In some cases, I suppose that is true. But they also underestimate those they seek to mislead. I sure hope the next election reflects that, but I'm not holding my breath.
This attitude is why the Republicans will not take the White House in 2016. The racism of Trump is no longer socially acceptable. BTW, no-one is saying they want criminals in this country. You think San Francisco is like, "Bring your felons to our shores. Yes, we want more gun criminals." Give me a break. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2015, 07:25 PM

22,441 posts, read 11,965,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
This attitude is why the Republicans will not take the White House in 2016. The racism of Trump is no longer socially acceptable. BTW, no-one is saying they want criminals in this country. You think San Francisco is like, "Bring your felons to our shores. Yes, we want more gun criminals." Give me a break. LOL
You give me a break!

What did Trump say that was "racist"? He was talking about illegal aliens from Mexico. "Mexican" is not a race. Nor is "illegal alien" a race. So why do you think discussing the ills of illegal immigration is somehow "no longer socially acceptable"? I guess you would prefer that the whole topic of illegal immigration be swept under the rug, correct? And you will do your part to scream "racist!" and "bigot!" at anyone who dares bring up the topic of illegal immigration.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:25 PM

62,859 posts, read 29,092,032 times
Quote:
I see, so putting the word illegal in the front of immigrant when that is what they are is an attitude? WTH?

Hot flash for ya. Hispanics are the mostly the ones offended by the truth of illegal immigration and they weren't going to vote Republican anyway. So much for your idle threats about the 2016 election. Trump's remarks will draw in law abiding Americans that didn't vote in the last election if the GOP nominates a candidate that has the guts to speak out against this issue. What was racist about Trump's remarks? Not a damned thing!

Old 07-06-2015, 07:28 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,881,768 times
Quote:
This attitude of Democrats to not enforce Immigration Laws for Political Gain will not be good for Clinton or any other Dem. that is running.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:30 PM

2,959 posts, read 3,526,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
This man is so right. Not all illegals should be blamed....but hey...wait a sec. Didn't we all blame the confederate flag on the actions of one person? (BTW...I'm not taking any sides, but you can't have it both ways).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

"But that doesn't make him a symbol of the estimated 11 million undocumented immigrants in the United States".

Don't blame all immigrants for San Francisco shooting - CNN.com
I totally agree camaro69 and I'm sure many folks in New Jersey see the Confederate Flag as a symbol opposing political correctness.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No, it is NOT what they are. That is just a made up PC term for them by their supporters. The immigration law term for them is "illegal aliens". Illegal - status in this country. Alien - foreigner. How does that equate to bashing them? Why shouldn't illegal aliens be bashed anyway? What about American lawbreakers? They should be bashed also for their crimes.
You are dehumanizing them. This makes it easier to take advantage of them and be physically violent towards them. You lose your morality.

Nobody should be bashed. If you hit someone with a tire iron and kill them you are a criminal and belong in prison. I don't think you understand history and what was allowed in the past.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:35 PM

29,497 posts, read 19,597,192 times
Immigrants are the backbone of this country.... I am an immigrant. Came to this country with my parents LEGALLY 39 years ago. Illegal immigrants I have very little sympathy for... They broke this country's laws, while my parents waited patiently to enter LEGALLY.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:39 PM

22,441 posts, read 11,965,277 times
Quote:
You are dehumanizing them. This makes it easier to take advantage of them and be physically violent towards them. You lose your morality.

Nobody should be bashed. If you hit someone with a tire iron and kill them you are a criminal and belong in prison. I don't think you understand history and what was allowed in the past.
So no criminals should ever be bashed?

Illegal aliens are criminals who lack a moral compass. All illegal aliens are liars and cheats. Once they either sneak across the border or overstay a visa, they commit other crimes. For example, they either use a stolen or fake SSN (btw, did you know that the law says it's okay if someone uses your SSN as long as they don't use your name with it? If it happens to you, the SSA won't tell you. Instead, the IRS comes after you for not filing a tax return for a job you never worked) or illegals engage in ID theft. Whether they steal someone's ID or use someone's SSN, their victims get put into a world of hurt. Then there are the illegals who get paid under the table, thereby engaging in tax evasion.

When people commit crimes, they can be expected to be taken advantage of. How often are people "physically violent" towards illegals? If anything, it's the other way around. Illegals have murdered many Americans. Then there are the ones who drive without a license and kill innocent Americans. If the illegal is uninjured during such a crash s/he will flee the scene.

You bring up the past. The past is done and over with---get over it.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:40 PM

62,859 posts, read 29,092,032 times
Quote:

Dehumanizing them? Are you kidding me? Again, Illegal - their status in this country. Alien - a foreigner. If you got a problem with it then take it up with our immigration department as they coined that term that amply describes them. You just don't go around making up your own terms and you and yours are doing it to call away from the crime they committed. As an analogy, "you can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig". Should we stop calling bank robbers by that term and call them unauthorized withdrawers instead?

The only ones taking advantage of them are their greedy employers and they allow it to happen. No one forces them to work or live in this country. The rest of us want nothing to do with them. Most Americans are not physically violent towards them either. Where are you getting this nonsense? You brought up bashing in context with using the term for what they actually are (illegal aliens) as "bashing" them and now you are switching it to being about physical violence? If anything illegal aliens have been far more guilty of being violent against Americans than the other way around. History has nothing to do with our right to have and to enforce our immigration laws just as every other country does.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You give me a break!

What did Trump say that was "racist"? He was talking about illegal aliens from Mexico. "Mexican" is not a race. Nor is "illegal alien" a race. So why do you think discussing the ills of illegal immigration is somehow "no longer socially acceptable"? I guess you would prefer that the whole topic of illegal immigration be swept under the rug, correct? And you will do your part to scream "racist!" and "bigot!" at anyone who dares bring up the topic of illegal immigration.
LOL, do you not see what is happening to Trump? Google it. Mexican is not a race but calling them murderers and rapists not only pisses the undocumented ones but also the legal ones AND people that have morals. It's so obvious to me so I am having a difficult time understanding what is going on in your head. It is not an issue of sweeping it under the rug but an issue of being smart about how we protect our borders. Denigrating a growing percentage of our population is just stupid. Do you know that Hispanics are a majority in several states now. States that the GOP needs to win Electoral votes. Votes they will never get now. Good luck with your dying party...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies