Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 10:25 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
I have been a Republican for years with somewhat hawkish views. Over the last year or so, I've become much more in line with Rand and the libertarian wing. I now view Snowden as doing the right thing.

Have any of you come to similar conclusions?

Welcome to the light!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 03:37 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,900,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
So even when the president agrees with you on an issue you find someway to attack on that very issue, amazing.
Uh, no. President Obama would NOT agree with me on Snowden, which is why I clearly said that "Senator Obama" would have viewed him as a national hero had this happened back in 07. I am not attacking anyone; all I'm doing is pointing out Obama's hypocrisy through the years. I hope that doesn't hurt your feelings.

Old 07-07-2015, 03:39 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,900,192 times
Quote:
The administration has basically outcast him.
Which is why I said "Senator Obama." Back in 2007, Obama would have called Snowden a hero for our democracy had it happened then. Now, he views Snowden as a traitor. All I'm doing is pointing out his hypocrisy. And Obama is not only a hypocrite on Snowden but many other issues as well.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:21 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The US government didnt break any law.

Right vs wrong is not the same as legal vs illegal.
Umm... no?

It's required by the US constitution that any government body that wants to conduct a search on you must have a warrant. Unless the NSA had hundreds of thousands of warrants (which we all know it didn't), the mass collection of data is absolutely a violation of constitutional rights and is thus illegal.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:44 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,537,017 times
another hero.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WCHFOHH3Yg

Old 07-07-2015, 11:36 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
I have been a Republican for years with somewhat hawkish views. Over the last year or so, I've become much more in line with Rand and the libertarian wing. I now view Snowden as doing the right thing.

As far as changing from what I thought was Conservative, (happened to be Neo-Cons in disguise), to learning what actual Conservatives are, that was a number of years back. Extremism doesn't work on either side.

As for Snowden, I've always thought of him as a Patriot for what he did.

Old 07-08-2015, 12:26 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Keep in mind that Obama doesn't really stand for anything. He says one thing one day, next day it's 180 degrees. Snowden might get to return after all.

Eric Holder: The Justice Department could strike deal with Edward Snowden

Old 07-08-2015, 12:32 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times
He's neither hero nor patriot. He's loyal to no country at all, he's a champion of individual liberty.

Old 07-09-2015, 08:05 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
The US government didnt break any law.
The government violated the 4th and 5th Amendments in order to violate the 1st Amendment.

Quote:
Right vs wrong is not the same as legal vs illegal.
Doesn't matter......you ought to be holding your entire government to higher standards.

Quote:

Good for you.

Snowden and Manning are both heroes.

Thrilled....

Mircea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies