Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 09:05 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I would like to for President Obama to be able to run for a third and fourth term a President preferably with a Democratic majority in both houses of Congress so we could end the RWNJ's endless blocking of a sane agenda.

We could end our efforts to protect the Mideastern Billionaires from their own people.

We could stop letting the Israeli Dog wag the US tail

We could replace fossil fuel power plants with modern nuclear facilities.

We could build a very high speed passenger rail system to eliminate inefficient and dangerous airline travel

We could get interstate freight off the highways and onto the railroads.

We could revitalize our cities by requiring industrial development in urban and not suburban locations.

We could set up a single payer health care system with effective price controls on the monopolized providers.

We could end the corporatist control of our economy and our politics.

Most importantly we could return our country to the people of this country and not to the billionaires that believe they own it.
And after all that we could change the name of Washington to Moscow On the Hudson and you'd really be happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 09:07 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,387,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Agreed. He's going to get fantastically rich giving speeches. He'll be in high demand as a speaker for the rest of his life.

You don't invite a "community organizer" into a legitimate business to speak. He has nothing to offer the private sector that they would pay for.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:13 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times
He'll go down as the Worse President...

Old 07-07-2015, 09:32 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Great things like???? Drooling over Habitat for Humanity homes? Or chasing interns around while you're a senior citizen?
In addition to the many Habitat for Humanity homes he has helped to build--which you somehow find worthy of ridicule (?)--the Carter Foundation has done some great humanitarian work around the world. They lead an international campaign to eradicate disease, and in fact were instrumental in helping to eradicate Gunea worm disease in 21 countries in Africa and Asia. And that's just one of many worthwhile programs the Carter Foundation is involved in.

The Clinton Health Access Initiative is working to reduce malntrition around the globe with programs to provide fortefied rice and baby food in countries where malnutrition is rampant, to name but one program the foundation supports.

Meanwhile, W's painting of his dog is ... nice.

(Yeah, you're embarassed. And rightly so.)

Old 07-07-2015, 09:54 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
I know this thread is going to attract a lot of chucklehead comments, but hopefully there will be some serious discussion as well. What do you think he's going to do to occupy his time? I think he's still young and passionate so he'll go on to lend his name and prestige to plenty of causes. I suspect he'll go back to Chicago, but after that I'm at a loss. I'd like to see him involved in international politics - maybe serve as the US ambassador to the UN - but I don't know if he has any interest in doing so.
The Obama Library will be in Chicago on the South Side, that doesn't mean he will live there or even do any work there. I expect his first actions will all have to do with Multi-Million dollar Book Deals and hiring a Ghost Writer. Gotta make a lot of money to enjoy the Life Style he and family have become accustomed too.

You do know that the United States UN Ambassador reports to the President of the USA ..... right?
The odds of him "reporting" to anyone are Slim & None.

The Obama might be interested in the job of Secretary General of the UN - it's a job filled with PERKS and lots of Corruption. Affords a lot of Travel on the dole with his own plane and a posh set of digs in New York City. Could work, particularly if they offer him a Life Time appointment and maybe "change" the title.

As for "helping" anyone, particularly in Chicago .... he's now had 7 years as the "most powerful man" in both the USA and the World, to get started on that -- and hasn't done a darn thing. I wouldn't hold my breath on any "help" for anyone but The Obama.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:11 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Bush did those of us on the left a solid by shuffling off to irrelevancy but Obama won't do the same. He's too young and too dynamic to disappear.
Bush is 15 years older than Obama and more importantly, wealthy.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:21 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,622,948 times
Quote:
I know this thread is going to attract a lot of chucklehead comments, but hopefully there will be some serious discussion as well. What do you think he's going to do to occupy his time? I think he's still young and passionate so he'll go on to lend his name and prestige to plenty of causes. I suspect he'll go back to Chicago, but after that I'm at a loss. I'd like to see him involved in international politics - maybe serve as the US ambassador to the UN - but I don't know if he has any interest in doing so.
The international community respects him more than we do. You don't want to hear about how many of us would like to elect him to a 3rd. term.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:24 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
He is the first president in a long, long time who will likely leave office on a high note. Even Clinton, who is so popular today, was not that way the day he left office. Gore's handlers even saw him as a liability on the campaign.

Obama is a dreamer. He is not going to spend his time making speeches just to pad his bank account. I think his heart is still that community organizer in Chicago and I see him returning there and trying to solve that city's horrible youth violence problem and, by extension, working toward improving opportunity for black kids around the country.
Clinton left office with a 66% job approval rating. No other president has done as well since Gallup started polling.

Obama has two kids to put through college. He will speak and write to take care of business. Beyond this, I have no idea what he may do or not.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The Obama Library will be in Chicago on the South Side, that doesn't mean he will live there or even do any work there. I expect his first actions will all have to do with Multi-Million dollar Book Deals and hiring a Ghost Writer. Gotta make a lot of money to enjoy the Life Style he and family have become accustomed too.

You do know that the United States UN Ambassador reports to the President of the USA ..... right?
The odds of him "reporting" to anyone are Slim & None.

The Obama might be interested in the job of Secretary General of the UN - it's a job filled with PERKS and lots of Corruption. Affords a lot of Travel on the dole with his own plane and a posh set of digs in New York City. Could work, particularly if they offer him a Life Time appointment and maybe "change" the title.

As for "helping" anyone, particularly in Chicago .... he's now had 7 years as the "most powerful man" in both the USA and the World, to get started on that -- and hasn't done a darn thing. I wouldn't hold my breath on any "help" for anyone but The Obama.
Killed Bin Laden, saved General Motors and ended the Wars in Iraq & Afghanistan and ended the recession. I guess 64 months of positive GDP growth in the US economy doesn't mean much either or the record Stock Market or the 5.3% Unemployment rate.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
He'll go down as the Worse President...
Sorry but I have been voting for 25 years and the worst President ever was Dubya. Even his dad wasn't as horrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies