Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 09:31 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,856,597 times

Advertisements

God bless them both!!

www.youtube.com/v/wgm3lb9JUU0

People are very mean there!!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/the-f...nd-Moscow.html

I wonder if those who walk by and say nothing are those who havent been brainwashed?? (to think its wrong (I reckon so))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2015, 11:13 PM

1,136 posts, read 924,480 times
I saw that yesterday. Very sad. I got worried about the really aggressive guy at the end.

Old 07-15-2015, 10:10 AM

29 posts, read 17,419 times
And keep in mind this is Moscow.
If they tried it in any other Russian city (except for maybe Saint Petersburg), they'd get a glass bottle thrown at them in no time.

Old 07-15-2015, 10:28 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,098,442 times
I'm at a loss for words. This sort of behavior is completely unacceptable.

That 'leave Russia' guy has the right idea though. Probably the best advise in the video. Who in their right mind would want to live in Russia, gay or straight?

And that guy at the end... who does he think he is? Completely unacceptable.

Old 07-15-2015, 10:30 AM

1,291 posts, read 1,524,846 times
And that's why Russia is going down the tubes. They have no respect for others and it creates an environment where people feel suppressed.

Old 07-15-2015, 10:51 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Try walking around some of the not-as-nice parts of our nations capital and you'll get the same or worse treatment for being gay.

The meme that the majority of hate crimes against gays are caused by white guys with big trucks in small rural towns is frankly a lie.

It's just not politically comfortable to talk about because gays and their most typical assailants fall under the same general political affiliation.

If you REALLY care about gays getting beaten etc. you might want to take a hard look at your own country and the breakdown of who is attacking them by checking out the FBI crime stats.

Old 07-15-2015, 11:19 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,442,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
If you REALLY care about gays getting beaten etc. you might want to take a hard look at your own country and the breakdown of who is attacking them by checking out the FBI crime stats.
Ah, nobody wants to do something like that. Numbers? They can mean so many different things. Plus, what if someone did actual look at those numbers and then they got more curious and looked at say...incidents of interracial rape? What then?

No, no....we don't actually want to look into something and then think about it. We want activism from right here, behind our computer screens. It's safer that way.

Numbers? FBI UCR Statistics?

Crazy talk I tell yeah, crazy.

Old 07-15-2015, 11:24 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,514,425 times
Putin has done a good job making gays the victim just like the Jews were in Germany so he can hide his failed economic policies and the fact that the invasion of Ukraine was a massive mistake.

Old 07-15-2015, 11:34 AM

1,291 posts, read 1,524,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Putin has done a good job making gays the victim just like the Jews were in Germany so he can hide his failed economic policies and the fact that the invasion of Ukraine was a massive mistake.
Trust me, our governor is doing the same exact thing. When conservatives fail at economic policies they jump right into protecting Jesus and completely ignore their record. At least they have a solid base of bigotry enablers to draw from

Old 07-15-2015, 11:51 AM

572 posts, read 552,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Try walking around some of the not-as-nice parts of our nations capital and you'll get the same or worse treatment for being gay.
are there any left?

Annacostia, Congress Heights, Waterfront = re-developed for the most part, right?

South Capitol? I got lost in DC, and wandered through this hood b/t 2:30 and 4AM -- no issues encountered
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies