Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 09:47 PM

371 posts, read 425,772 times

Advertisements

How do you all feel about this video.

My opinion is that I am not sure if the one girl deserved this coming from him in that manner. I think that the microphone he uses also exaggerates the impact because every word is crisp, and when watching the video one doesn't miss a sentence. What he does in this video really breaks down any sort of ego that this girl may have, he does make her feel like a small miniscule reaper of benefits, which I don't agree with because everyone needs confidence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fmRgpAvjWM

Old 07-04-2015, 09:55 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,102,823 times
How do I feel about this vid? Well I would say that the black guy is about the biggest racist I have ever seen.

Old 07-04-2015, 10:05 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,091,750 times
The sins of the father... that's all I heard.

Yeah, this land was stolen by slave owners who treated women as lesser than men. But what's that got to do with me? I like women; I think they're just as good as men. I think slavery is bad and I think it's a tragedy what happened to the Native Americans, but understand that there isn't anything that can actually be done to stop that (though do see some horrendous problems that plague Indian Reservations and for a society that loves to focus on the victim, I'm sort of surprised that's not in the news more).

Racism and arrogance aren't just white people against black people. There are white people who love black people and white people who hate black people. There are also black people who live white people and black people who hate white people. The issue is more about love vs. hate than white vs. black.

Also, that man is also a hypocrite by his own admission. He too lives on the bones of Native Americans and if he wants to return to his homeland, who's stopping him? Not that Africa is his homeland. He was born in America, and I'm going to guess his parents and grandparent were too. Yes, eventually one of his ancestors was a slave and that's tragic; slavery is an ugly stain on America history, but the bitterness of it needs to end. No slave or slave owner is currently alive.

Old 07-05-2015, 05:24 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,248 times
[As a straight white guy, I'm not allowed to be micro-aggressed against. For this post, pretend I'm a gay white guy.]

I feel very micro-aggressed against and need a safe space for a few moments

Old 07-05-2015, 06:25 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,780,145 times
I can't bring myself to disagree with anything he said.
Maybe white people do deserve to be hated by blacks.

It would be better if I knew what to do about it, though.

Old 07-05-2015, 06:29 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,780,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
if he wants to return to his homeland, who's stopping him?
Africa was pretty devastated by the European attempts at colonization-- it's definitely not the Africa that his ancestors came from.

And I don't think we can assume that he has benefitted from the Native American genocide or whatever it was... he doesn't exactly have an esteemed position in society and knows that he doesn't have much of a choice in the matter either.

Old 07-05-2015, 06:35 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,752,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
I can't bring myself to disagree with anything he said.
Maybe white people do deserve to be hated by blacks.

It would be better if I knew what to do about it, though.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-flagellation

Old 07-05-2015, 06:40 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,288,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diallomacedo View Post

My opinion is that I am not sure if the one girl deserved this coming from him in that manner. I think that the microphone he uses also exaggerates the impact because every word is crisp, and when watching the video one doesn't miss a sentence. What he does in this video really breaks down any sort of ego that this girl may have, he does make her feel like a small miniscule reaper of benefits, which I don't agree with because everyone needs confidence.

Seems this guy hasn't went to his homeland yet. What is he waiting for? Some white person to buy his ticket?

Old 07-05-2015, 06:40 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,369 times
Hes a racist loud mouth, living in the past and judging white people today for what some did years and years.

Old 07-05-2015, 06:54 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,791,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diallomacedo View Post

There's no controversy here. The man was right. It was how she dealt with it that was poor. She could have eased the impact if she was prepared to accept and acknowledge the truth instead of resisting it.

She's not racist because maybe her anscestors received advantages at the expense of another race. But she is in denial and an obstacle to better race relations when she refuses to acknowledge the truth.

As a white person I would not deny the dominant white society probably grants me advantages and benefits of the doubt it might not grant to people of color. So such information would not be taken with the transformative shock with which the woman received that information. Resisting the reality of racism is what divides us. If we could acknowledge the truth of racism there is nothing stopping us from moving ahead as allies.

All people of color want us to do is acknowledge the truth and help them do something about it. That we tolerate some of us continuing to resist such healing activities is horrendous.

Accusations against my race don't bother me in a personal way. I simply acknowledge them and ask what I can do to help everyone heal. No drama. No gnashing of teeth. Simple. It's not an ego thing for me. It's about wanting a functional society. That it is an ego thing for many, I find weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.