Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2015, 04:24 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,371,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Not covered by what liberal media?

I've seen the young woman's photo so often on CNN, MSNBC, and our local ABC and CBS affiliate news broadcasts that I could draw her portrait from memory.
Rachel Maddox's show, like Greta Van Susteren's and John King's, is topic-oriented. You only see them address a very narrow range of issues. They don't cover all topics or do general news because it's just not their gigs. Maddox, like CNN's John King, focuses on politics. Vans Susteren focuses on crime. Nancy Grace focuses on crime, first on CNN and now on HLN. They all get to pick and choose their issues. Maddox apparently decided the Confederate Flag issue was more a political story than the SF crime.

But ALL their networks have extensively covered this story.
As have HuffPost, WashingtonPost, Time.com, and my local Texas big-city news outlet.

Interesting that you choose to describe her as a beautiful white woman. Why does that matter? Would the crime be less tragic and newsworthy if the innocent victim was an unattractive, older Mexican male who was a legal resident vacationing in SF? I'm quite certain the media - right and left - coverage wouldn't be nearly as intensive.
Does the name Jamiel Shaw ring a bell?

edit to add: DH just pointed out that if the shooter had killed the father instead of the daughter, this story would have been a one-day wonder and we likely would never had seen a photo of the victim. That's not a conservative or liberal issue but it is an indictment on media and viewer values.
Exactly. This happens every single day, but all of a sudden people are angry because this woman was killed. Bill O'Reilly started a petition -Kates (?) Law. I think her name was Kate. It should be branded in my brain, I've heard it so much. There are people setting up accounts for them to pay for funeral services and a memorial. I'll sign the petition, but I'm shocked at how much coverage this is getting compared to the other deaths of Americans by illegals. Not A Word about the young girls who get raped by them every day. I'm sure other people could have used help on their funeral bills, and would have liked to have a law named after their kids. I guess they weren't pretty enough.

Hmmm, I wonder what O'Reilly and The Kelly File will be about tonight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2015, 07:48 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Obama and the Democrats are the racists, not me. You are confused.

Are you kidding me. People really have to ask why not reach out to the family from Obama or anyone in his administration.

Really. Answer pretty straight forward why they will not.

I have friends pissed about this situation right now, why not reach out, why no phone call, why no I'm so sorry. We know why, save the excuses.

Old 07-14-2015, 08:03 PM

9,512 posts, read 9,077,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Are you kidding me. People really have to ask why not reach out to the family from Obama or anyone in his administration.

Really. Answer pretty straight forward why they will not.

I have friends pissed about this situation right now, why not reach out, why no phone call, why no I'm so sorry. We know why, save the excuses.
Has anyone asked if the President would have delivered the eulogy for the woman that was murdered in San Francisco? It's a long flight but it would certainly be appropriate as a message to the city that ignored the Federal request to not release the felon. He was not only deported half a dozen times but also was a multiple convicted felon. Not sure why he was on the street to shoot seals let alone in this country.

Old 07-14-2015, 08:03 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifercheswold View Post
It makes me so mad to see the liberal hypocrisy. A beautiful, innocent, white woman was murdered in San Francisco by an illegal immigrant. The man was deported 5 times yet when arrested by police in April, he was released because San Francisco is a "sanctuary city" and doesn't want to abide by the laws. When Obama and the White House was asked about this event, they turned the blame to the department of homeland security, which he runs. Obama won't even address the issue. Yet, when thugs like Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin, and Freddie Gray are murdered, he has a Rose Garden ceremony, speaks on the issue, and sends correspondents to their funerals. Yet there were none in attendance of this young girl's. And when these events happened, there was public outrage from the left, yet none for this young girl who was killed by an illegal immigrant. Why won't Obama or the liberal media touch on this issue. If you watch Rachael Maddow, she continues to beat the dead issue of the confederate flag. WHY WONT OBAMA OR THE LIBERAL MEDIA ADDRESS THIS HORRIFIC EVENT?
Simple. This young woman doesn't look like she could be Obama's daughter.

Old 07-14-2015, 08:06 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,112,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
you can always leave
Make me.

Old 07-14-2015, 09:14 PM

9,512 posts, read 9,077,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Simple. This young woman doesn't look like she could be Obama's daughter.
That's a good point. Positive rep.

Old 07-14-2015, 11:38 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,341,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Steinle was murdered because of Obama's refusal to crack down on sanctuary cities.

He is DIRECTLY responsible for her murder.

That's why he won't comment on it.
How does any president 'crack down' on any community over a single murder? Murder happens singly everywhere, all the time. It's a local crime until the FBI or some other agency is invited in, and even then, it remains a local crime unless there is a reason to make it Federal.

The only Federal concern in this case is the guy's lack of a visa. I seriously doubt the city of San Francisco would hand him over to the Feds for transport back across the border after committing murder. Or any other city in the nation, either.

So then, what would you want done? Do you want Federal crime enforcement to take all precedence over local and state enforcement?
Do you want a President to singly manage that Federal enforcement?
If so, how will he have the time to do that, on top of all the other, traditional duties of the Presidency? Since a President has the same 24 hours in a day that we all have, what would you want a President to give up so he can personally manage all the nation's crime?

Can you ever be sure that anyone, legal or not, will commit a further crime after entering the country illegally? How do you propose to screen all immigrants for crimes never committed yet?

If you can't come up with answers, do you expect any President to magically supply them? What about Congress? They, too, share responsibility for the nation's immigration. Why aren't you mentioning them?

Some rational answers, please, if you have any...

Old 07-14-2015, 11:50 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,252,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
How does any president 'crack down' on any community over a single murder? Murder happens singly everywhere, all the time. It's a local crime until the FBI or some other agency is invited in, and even then, it remains a local crime unless there is a reason to make it Federal.

The only Federal concern in this case is the guy's lack of a visa. I seriously doubt the city of San Francisco would hand him over to the Feds for transport back across the border after committing murder. Or any other city in the nation, either.

So then, what would you want done? Do you want Federal crime enforcement to take all precedence over local and state enforcement?
Do you want a President to singly manage that Federal enforcement?
If so, how will he have the time to do that, on top of all the other, traditional duties of the Presidency? Since a President has the same 24 hours in a day that we all have, what would you want a President to give up so he can personally manage all the nation's crime?

Can you ever be sure that anyone, legal or not, will commit a further crime after entering the country illegally? How do you propose to screen all immigrants for crimes never committed yet?

If you can't come up with answers, do you expect any President to magically supply them? What about Congress? They, too, share responsibility for the nation's immigration. Why aren't you mentioning them?

Some rational answers, please, if you have any...
The issue is that Obama was all over any single black murder perpetrated by anyone who wasn't also black. So were his crazy supporters. Poor Trayvon, thief/thug. Poor tall/fat/rap sheet a mile long idiot fighting cops in SI and all of a sudden it's an "I can't breathe" campaign, poor whomever….as long as they aren't white.

White chick taking a walk with her dad gets murdered by an illegal alien with a decent sized rap sheet in the liberal sanctuary city of San Fran….

Crickets.

Why aren't liberals railing against Illegal Alien privilege?

Why don't you and your ilk start giving rational explanations as to WHY Obama hasn't given one **** about this incident (involving a white woman - who wasn't a thug, wasn't illegal, didn't have a rap sheet, didn't fight cops off), and try to make sense while you do so.

Old 07-15-2015, 01:01 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Steinle was murdered because of Obama's refusal to crack down on sanctuary cities.

He is DIRECTLY responsible for her murder.

That's why he won't comment on it.

Sure. Then you'd be screaming "fascist" and calling him a dictator because he'd be stomping on state and city rights.

By the way, do you know when Obama first took office? San Francisco became a sanctuary city in 1989.

Sanchez was arrested and deported to Mexico five times from June 1994 to June 2009.

I want to add something. Read this article from 2011. The San Francisco Sheriff wasn't happy when the Obama Administration imposed new Federal regulations to deal with illegal immigrants.

[url]http://www.azcentral.com/news/election/azelections/articles/2011/04/10/20110410sanctuary-san-francisco-immigrants.html[/url]

"under a new federal program called Secure Communities, local law enforcement are being forced to change the way they deal with illegal immigrants."

The article goes on to say:

"The program was launched despite the protests of San Francisco Sheriff Michael Hennessey, who says Secure Communities conflicts with local laws and values."

Last edited by justNancy; 07-15-2015 at 01:31 AM.. Reason: add link

Old 07-15-2015, 01:06 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,431,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
But seriously, why would Obama need to contact anyone over this if the man was caught and arrested?
To apologize for murdering her.

His refusal to crack down on sanctuary cities (combined with his cracking down on states like Arizona that try to enforce the law against criminal illegal aliens) is DIRECTLY responsible for her death.

Obama wants criminal illegal aliens to kill innocent, law-abiding white Americans.

Obama also wants to disarm innocent, law-abiding white Americans.

And he wants innocent, law-abiding white Americans who defend themselves against non-white violent criminals to be convicted of crimes.

The pattern couldn't be more obvious.

He is no different than Zimbabwe's Robert Mugabe.

But Obama goes even further.

Now he is letting Iran get a nuke.

He was raised as a Muslim, and he wants Islam to conquer America and destroy Israel.

His whole agenda has always been 1) exterminate white people, 2) exterminate Christians, 3) exterminate Jews, 4) confiscate the property of white people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies