Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 02:34 PM

21,738 posts, read 16,356,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Do nice people normally violate a nation's immigration laws and steal jobs and resources from their rightful citizens? Do nice people normally lie and cheat to exist? Do nice people steal other's ID's which causes them great harm? Do nice people work under the table and evade taxes? I think you know the answer to all of these questions.
No nice people don't. But what was just pointed out a few posts back is that those crimes, with the exception of illegal border crossing, are all perpetrated far more by legal natural born US citizens than illegals. The difference in rate of criminal activity is very substantial. Immigrants are far less likely to commit crimes. So if your concern is crime, focus on Americans first.

Old 07-08-2015, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Don't care how he came across the only thing that was important was the truth that he spoke. It was long overdue and I am glad he had the guts to say it opposed to our other gutless politicians.
Except it has been demonstrated absolutely that he did not speak the truth.

Old 07-08-2015, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Frankly he was right but nobody has to the balls to admit it. I agree with you man.
He is not right. The statistics are right here in amorphic's post above to prove it.
Quote:
facts are that immigrants, including illegals, commit significantly less crime than native born citizens.
Quote:
—"Foreign-born individuals exhibit remarkably low levels of involvement in crime across their life course." (Bianca Bersani, University of Massachusetts, 2014. Published in Justice Quarterly.)
Quote:
— "There’s essentially no correlation between immigrants and violent crime." (Jörg Spenkuch, Northwestern University, 2014. Published by the university.)
Quote:
— "[i]mmigrants are underrepresented in California prisons compared to their representation in the overall population. In fact, U.S.-born adult men are incarcerated at a rate over two-and-a-half times greater than that of foreign-born men." (Public Policy Institute of California, 2008.)
Quote:
— "[D]ata from the census and a wide range of other empirical studies show that for every ethnic group without exception, incarceration rates among young men are lowest for immigrants, even those who are the least educated. This holds true especially for the Mexicans, Salvadorans and Guatemalans, who make up the bulk of the undocumented population." (Ruben Rumbaut, University of California, 2008. Published by the Police Foundation.)

Old 07-08-2015, 02:55 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Des-Lab View Post
My ancestors came from Persia (a.k.a Iran) and Russia.

If I were to wave either or both flags from my home and or car, the remaining lifespan of them (my person included) would probably be measured in minutes.

Ditto for pretty much other flag. Even waving an American flag...here in certain parts of America puts you at risk for assault ranging from being pelted with eggs and rocks to actually being shot and killed.

Not the Mexican flag. It can be hung and waved proudly.

Why?

Why only that one?
It's not "only that one". I see the flags of many nations flown every day. Even controversial flags like those of Israel and Palestine.
Iran's different because of relations between the US and Iran being what they are.

Old 07-08-2015, 02:55 PM

943 posts, read 1,321,315 times
Quote:

If I were to wave either or both flags from my home and or car, the remaining lifespan of them (my person included) would probably be measured in minutes.

Ditto for pretty much other flag. Even waving an American flag...here in certain parts of America puts you at risk for assault ranging from being pelted with eggs and rocks to actually being shot and killed.

Why?

Why only that one?
I can wave the Hungarian flag from my house, and I wouldn't expect much repercussion from it. Don't see much point in it, though.

ETA: You've never seen people wave the Italian flag?

Old 07-08-2015, 05:46 PM

335 posts, read 329,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
How is that not a true? Just because it may or may not be a misdemeanor doesn't mean it isn't a crime. So, for the true meaning he should have said ALL not mostly, right?
Your post here isn't entirely clear. Are youarguing that the statistics on crime and incarceration showing immigrants commit fewer and are jailed less are false? If so on what basis are you challenging them?

Old 07-08-2015, 05:54 PM

335 posts, read 329,797 times
Quote:

Why?

Why only that one?
What you are claiming is utterly false nonsense. All kinds of flags are flown and waved all around the world to show pride without repercussion, as several posters here have pointed out. Italian, Norwegian, Japanese, Chamorro / Guamanian, Brazilian, Australian, Scotland, England, Wales, France, Swiss,Canadian ,Greece, Turkey, .....

Old 07-08-2015, 08:41 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
No nice people don't. But what was just pointed out a few posts back is that those crimes, with the exception of illegal border crossing, are all perpetrated far more by legal natural born US citizens than illegals. The difference in rate of criminal activity is very substantial. Immigrants are far less likely to commit crimes. So if your concern is crime, focus on Americans first.
There are 320 million people in this country and out of that number there are approximately 12 million illegals (although I think that number is much higher). So it is logical and more likely that percentage wise they wouldn't be the biggest offenders. But the point is the crimes they have committed wouldn't have happened if they hadn't come here and violated our immigration laws. "immigrants"? I am not referring to them but illegal aliens. They aren't "immigrants".

Americans have a right to be in this country. We can't prevent them from committing crimes but when they do they go through our criminal justice system. Illegal alien crime is and should be preventable. Enforce our immigration laws and secure our border and they wouldn't be here to commit any crimes.

Old 07-08-2015, 08:44 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Except it has been demonstrated absolutely that he did not speak the truth.
Oh yes, he did. There are illegal aliens that do rape and murder on our soil.

Old 07-08-2015, 09:14 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
There are 320 million people in this country and out of that number there are approximately 12 million illegals (although I think that number is much higher). So it is logical and more likely that percentage wise they wouldn't be the biggest offenders. But the point is the crimes they have committed wouldn't have happened if they hadn't come here and violated our immigration laws. "immigrants"? I am not referring to them but illegal aliens. They aren't "immigrants".

Americans have a right to be in this country. We can't prevent them from committing crimes but when they do they go through our criminal justice system. Illegal alien crime is and should be preventable. Enforce our immigration laws and secure our border and they wouldn't be here to commit any crimes.

"Incarceration rate for foreign born: 0.86%, i.e. about a quarter of that for the US born. (non-Hispanic whites 0.57%, non-Hispanic blacks 2.47%, Hispanics ranges from 0.2% to 2.2% based on country of origin, if we exclude Puerto Ricans, who are US citizens, Asians ranges from 0.1% to 0.9%). Note the interesting fact that all foreign born ethnicities, including blacks, have lower crime rates than the average for US natives."

Hispanic crime and illegal immigration in the United States | Open Borders: The Case

Across all ethnicities and educational levels, immigrants are less prone to commit crimes and land behind bars than their native-born counterparts. In congressional testimony in 2007, Anne Morrison Piehl of Rutgers University told the House Judiciary Committee that “immigrants have much lower institutionalization rates than the native-born—on the order of one-fifth the rate of natives. More recently arrived immigrants had the lowest relative institutionalization rates, and the gap with natives increased from 1980 to 2000.” Piehl found no evidence that the immigrant incarceration rate was lower because of the deportation of illegal immigrants who might otherwise serve time.

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/a...n-lower-crime/

"Data from the census and a wide range of other empirical studies show that for every ethnic group without exception, incarceration rates among young men are lowest for immigrants, even those who are the least educated. This holds true especially for the Mexicans, Salvadorans and Guatemalans, who make up the bulk of the undocumented population." (Ruben Rumbaut, University of California, 2008."

The Role of Local Police - Appendix D | Police Foundation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies