Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 09:58 PM

24,623 posts, read 19,108,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
I wonder if the same people who are petitioning to revoke Bill Cosby's medal are also indignant and adament that President Obama should return his Nobel "Peace Prize" medal?

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//pe...dom-bill-cosby

I don't condone what Bill Cosby did at all, 'just pointing out how people can be lemmings and follow anything that is trending in the name of Political Correctness.
Cosby accepted the medal fraudulently.

He should have admitted his actions before accepting the medal.

Cosby was a hero, now he's just another garden-variety POS.

Adamantly..

Mircea

Old 07-15-2015, 10:15 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,569,421 times
Why does the public think they have the right to make decisions about everything just because they can post on a public forum? I see nothing wrong in saying you don't think people deserve an award or you think someone else would be a better choice but there are responsible people who have the authority to make these decisions. Leave these decisions to them and let them do their jobs.

I find it a little scary that Southern history has been removed because of mob rule. This country is out of control and beginning to sound like a third world country where they have coos. In America decisions are made by committees or voting; or should be. We don't kill our leaders to get rid of them and we let the courts make decisions about crimes. It's called being civilized.

My husband said that some people need to look at our history and see that we have had many religions, many nationalities, many differences and cultures come together in a peaceful manner by somebody always having to tolerate what they absolutely hate.

Whether someone should have an award and be able to keep it is not my decision so I will let the powers that are in charge of that make the decision. Jesus said, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."