Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 06:41 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times

Advertisements

Let's see; abortion rights morphs into reproductive health = lots of female votes go left,

lgbt equality morphs into gay marriage, morphing into an 'equal rights-type amendment' keeps the gay vote and sympathizer vote in line,

two executive actions - one already knocked down - the other on the way to being knocked down, various histrionics by Giuterrez and La Raza keep those Latino and sympathizers votes coming in.

to mask a still weakish recovery, income inequality, then minimum wage is pressed, now Solar for the poor, keeping all of those downtrodden members of society votes coming in

Given things continue to be unequal and unfair, there is a lot of untouched, and as yet undiscovered miserable, mistreated masses. Despite all of the decades and gigamillions of heroic and magnanimous actions by the progressives, the world continues unequal.

Sound like the natural order of things; Darwin and all.

Old 07-08-2015, 06:46 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,769,559 times
Neither party wants illegal immigration to be slowed. Sure lots of the Republican Base (useful idiots, that is) are foaming at the mouth racists who can't stand the thought of more brown people in this country. But history shows that the Republican Party really doesn't care about this issue. Reagan allowed Amnesty, and Bush was even more lax than Obama!

But yeah, keep blaming those eeeeebil Democrats

And BTW, they're doing all of ya'll a favor by letting these folks in. Ya'll can't see it since Republicans generally have a grade-school understanding of economics, but it's a fact just the same. Americans just aren't having as many kids as they used to... and the birth rate especially among white Americans is only declining. Have ya'll SEEN what happens to a country's economy (like Japan's) when the population ages? That would be us if not for all these new brown people that are jumping our borders and popping out babies. Don't believe me? Watch what happens to China over the next decade (ok, this is rhetorical- I know the Republican memory barely lasts 6 months).

Ya'll can thank us later.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:00 PM

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Have ya'll SEEN what happens to a country's economy (like Japan's) when the population ages? That would be us if not for all these new brown people that are jumping our borders and popping out babies. Don't believe me? Watch what happens to China over the next decade (ok, this is rhetorical- I know the Republican memory barely lasts 6 months).

I have yet to see explained just why a falling population is a problem. A falling population combined with static economic growth means rising GDP per capita. True, the supply of young workers will fall, but they can be replaced with robots (which is happening anyway, including in the West).

Each person will die a happy rich old man or woman.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:02 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Neither party wants illegal immigration to be slowed. Sure lots of the Republican Base (useful idiots, that is) are foaming at the mouth racists who can't stand the thought of more brown people in this country. But history shows that the Republican Party really doesn't care about this issue. Reagan allowed Amnesty, and Bush was even more lax than Obama!

But yeah, keep blaming those eeeeebil Democrats

And BTW, they're doing all of ya'll a favor by letting these folks in. Ya'll can't see it since Republicans generally have a grade-school understanding of economics, but it's a fact just the same. Americans just aren't having as many kids as they used to... and the birth rate especially among white Americans is only declining. Have ya'll SEEN what happens to a country's economy (like Japan's) when the population ages? That would be us if not for all these new brown people that are jumping our borders and popping out babies. Don't believe me? Watch what happens to China over the next decade (ok, this is rhetorical- I know the Republican memory barely lasts 6 months).

Actually you got it ass backwards.

Talking about Memory

Clinton, did not have sex with that Woman, Pathetic lie looking us all in the faces and telling that lie.

John Edwards the same damn thing, but worse. Got a lady pregnant as his wife was dying from Cancer.

You paint one picture, you bet your ass you better paint the other side just as bad.

Democrats are just as bad with this Illegal Fiasco!

For once that azz told the damn truth, why can't you.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:09 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
It is unbelievable in here how some people constantly claim that white conservatives oppose illegal immigration based on skin color (usally brown). That's how desperate they get in their lies to demonize any of us who oppose illegal immigration and amnesty which is not in the best interests of our citizens nor our country. We actually don't need any justification for our views on this issue as it is against the law and for good reason. I wonder how they justify their positions on this issue in their head? I just couldn't do it. I have to laugh because many of them are such hyocrites pulling the race card and yet look how they talk about whites especially if they are conservatives?

Old 07-08-2015, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It is unbelievable in here how some people constantly claim that white conservatives oppose illegal immigration based on skin color (usally brown). That's how desperate they get in their lies to demonize any of us who oppose illegal immigration and amnesty which is not in the best interests of our citizens nor our country. We actually don't need any justification for our views on this issue as it is against the law and for good reason. I wonder how they justify their positions on this issue in their head? I just couldn't do it. I have to laugh because many of them are such hyocrites pulling the race card and yet look how they talk about whites especially if they are conservatives?
Yeah man. It's hard to believe that the party waving rebel flags and screaming at buses full of South American CHILDREN could be racist.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:13 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post

Your dang straight Oldglory. Got it right. No justification at all, when it is Right versus Wrong,
Illegal versus LEGAL Period. People cannot understand it, their problem.

I have found out talking with certain people, those who cry wolf, are the biggest hypocrites around,.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I have yet to see explained just why a falling population is a problem. A falling population combined with static economic growth means rising GDP per capita. True, the supply of young workers will fall, but they can be replaced with robots (which is happening anyway, including in the West).

Each person will die a happy rich old man or woman.
Look, I ain't gonna explain basic economics to you. Please read up on Japan's economy since the 90's. Or hell, read up on the economic boom that accompanied the Baby Boomers settling down and having kids.

Sustained economic growth requires sustained population growth. Period.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:15 PM

Are we such a garbage dump of a nation that we have to desperately give citizenship to anybody and everybody we can find? We can ask them to wait in line, obey our laws, and prove themselves -- and the ones worth having will do it because this is the place people all over the world dream of coming one day. American citizenship is a precious thing and it shouldn't be given to people whose first act upon American soil was to violate our laws.

Defend this country.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Look, I ain't gonna explain basic economics to you. Please read up on Japan's economy since the 90's. Or hell, read up on the economic boom that accompanied the Baby Boomers settling down and having kids.

Sustained economic growth requires sustained population growth. Period.
I don't care about GDP, I care about GDP per capita

Japan's GDP per capita is 37595.18 China 3865.88 lol in December 2014

Why do you need so many people and so many kids?! I mean I love the Chinese, don't get me wrong, and I am happy for them that they are taking over the world and become the number one economy. They are 20% of the world population, they are suppose to have the biggest economy!!!!! It is really the best news for all of us, imagine if they ask for foreign aid. MY GOODNESS.

But in the long run, since their GDP per capital is only $3865 How do you take care of their elders?! Once you have so many people, you have troubles. Period
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies