Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 01:05 PM

17,424 posts, read 14,650,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Again, her fans are too young to care about this, and their parents, for the most part, don't have her, or this on their radar. I doubt her ticket sales will be affected much, if at all.
Actually, since Donutgate, there have been LOTS of comments on her fb page ... some are pretty funny.

But the majority are declaring their hate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2015, 01:09 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Actually, since Donutgate, there have been LOTS of comments on her fb page ... some are pretty funny.

That wouldn't surprise me at all. What would surprise me is if it was from people in her demographic. I wonder what percentage of the messages were from people who are visiting her page for the first time. She's probably getting killed on Twitter too.

Old 07-09-2015, 02:12 PM

12,387 posts, read 8,155,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post

I curious is it because of an America dismissals or fat shamming?

Old 07-09-2015, 02:16 PM

17,424 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
I curious is it because of an America dismissals or fat shamming?

Equally split between:

Quote:
USA hating scum!! Boycott Ariana!
and ...

Quote:
Spitting on food? You piece of trash!!

Old 07-09-2015, 04:44 PM

12,387 posts, read 8,155,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
That wouldn't surprise me at all. What would surprise me is if it was from people in her demographic. I wonder what percentage of the messages were from people who are visiting her page for the first time. She's probably getting killed on Twitter too.
She has two problems the America statement means she lost the all star game weekend like gigs that she has dominated for the past year for the immediate future. But then she can move from the sexy good girl to the Miley Cyrus, being the most recent big name example, end of the pop star spectrum.

For her target audience however the fat shamming, the why she hated, will prove much more dangerous for her long term prospects in my opinion.

Old 07-09-2015, 04:59 PM

39,227 posts, read 27,611,062 times
She should have chosen her words better, she then apologized, cut her some slack, everyone makes mistakes.

Old 07-09-2015, 05:04 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Like the apology statement actually came from her.
Licking donuts and saying **** you is as articulate as this one can get - a real class act....

Old 07-09-2015, 06:03 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,539,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
In case you were trying to make the Mexican connection because you think this skinny little diva is Mexican..she is Italian American.

Nice try though.
Ummm no. Im making the connection because several celebrities have just got in trouble recently and had sponsors and companies drop them for saying disparaging things about Mexicans and Mexico but its ok to say you hate Americans and America?

Old 07-09-2015, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
what the heck are you guys whining over now? she has already been removed from the All Star Game festivities...
No she wasn't removed, she canceled it herself. HUGE difference.

Old 07-09-2015, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
She should have chosen her words better, she then apologized, cut her some slack, everyone makes mistakes.
She said "What I said to someone in private was taken out of context and I apologize". Same thing happened to Donald Sterling when he told his side chick not to bring black people to his games. That was in his own home! He apologized and said it was taken out of context too and he still lost his NBA team. Where was that "they apologized, everyone makes mistakes" attitude with him and his words? If everyone is going to be so PC and so touchy and offended by everything these days, you can't get away with saying you hate Americans and hate America either. You didn't just insult a race, you insulted an entire country and an entire nation of people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies