Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2015, 12:47 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
So not only did you not read my original post you also didn't read through the thread. Multiple liberal have also expressed a desire to stop talking about gun control and have even expressed support for gun rights. You seem to just rant about gun ownership the moment you see the word gun before even knowing what the discussion is about.
No, I caught your point. Thus the "true blue" in quotes, the rest intended for those "liberals" that can't see past their ingrained hatred of firearms and those who own them. I guess its my turn to be called on clarity, then. Plus, I shared a personal experience, so as to put forth why I feel as I do about the issue of the right to arms, and personal defense in general. My apologies for any confusion as to context, but, it made sense to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 01:19 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yep, and it might not be enough to put out a fire one day, the chances we take in life.
So no one should have a fire extinguisher because it might not be enough to put out a fire. With that twisted leftist logic no one should wear seatbelts because they don't 100% guarantee no injuries or death in an accident. No one on a boat should bother wearing a life jacket because they might still drown. No one hiking in the woods should carry a map or matches because they might still get lost and freeze to death. Police shouldn't bother wearing body armor because they might still get shot and die.

Why do you have this bizarre fixation that guns must be a 100% failsafe, guaranteed safety solution?

Old 07-10-2015, 01:35 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow- View Post
Yes, or it will save my life. Whereas you stand no chance.
That is a false assumption. It is called chance for a reason.

Old 07-10-2015, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
We are not saying you must have a gun.
We just want you to respect that fact that we choose to have one.
Of course, where have I said you shouldn't be able to have a gun? I just believe that this story is about luck and the fact that this man was easy to distract and a poor shot that helped this couple more than the gun did.

Old 07-10-2015, 01:37 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,767,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
I stopped supporting gun control a while a go. With that said, I stopped identifying as liberal as well. I stick with moderate and can go both ways now.

Gun control sounds ideal, but that's about it. If it was as simple as passing a law, we'd have almost no crime. But the world's not the simple. And pretty much all gun legislation just hurts the people who own guns and don't do anything wrong with them rather than actually addressing gun crime. So it's almost entirely pointless.
That is how I see it. I would love a country devoid of guns.

Call me when they figure out how to do it.

Old 07-10-2015, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
So no one should have a fire extinguisher because it might not be enough to put out a fire. With that twisted leftist logic no one should wear seatbelts because they don't 100% guarantee no injuries or death in an accident. No one on a boat should bother wearing a life jacket because they might still drown. No one hiking in the woods should carry a map or matches because they might still get lost and freeze to death. Police shouldn't bother wearing body armor because they might still get shot and die.

Why do you have this bizarre fixation that guns must be a 100% failsafe, guaranteed safety solution?
Where did I say no one should have a gun or a fire extinguisher? That is not what I said at all....

Old 07-10-2015, 01:39 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
That is how I see it. I would love a country devoid of guns.

Call me when they figure out how to do it.

Good luck with that. Because even where the citizens are denied a right to bear arms, the criminals still find ways of getting them.

Old 07-10-2015, 04:18 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
I have been good so far without a gun in my hand at all times.
Good for you! So have I. We should only be so lucky to have this streak continue for the rest of our lives.

However there are many who have not been so fortunate to be o without a gun. Denying there existence only minimizes their lives.

Quote:
What false argument are you referring to?
You pretend like we believe that a gun will "prevent" something when no one has ever asserted that, and then you argue against it as if we said it.

Old 07-10-2015, 04:42 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Default My fellow liberals can we please stop harping on gun control

Gun control is a losing issue for the Dems. At times, they seem to get it. Then their ADD kicks in and they start it up all over again, setting themselves up for another beating.

Old 07-10-2015, 04:47 PM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
Why don't you want to give examples of "tight" gun control laws that you support?

Below is a TYPICAL leftist answer....

Cannot answer a question so deny or that's not what I meant or it's your fault you don't understand.....

Quote:
So it went right over your head....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies