Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2015, 12:54 PM

638 posts, read 977,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That makes sense, nothing wrong with that, though most fires in a house are started from grease fires. Those are easy to put out by simply taking away the oxygen source by covering up the fire before it is able to spread. But I get it, you think having a gun on you will somehow make you feel safer just like having a fire extinguisher will prevent your house from burning down. When the reality is, sometimes you aren't going to be there with a fire extinguisher when those flames are still small enough to make it useful.
So you're saying that since there is a chance you won't be in your home when a fire starts, there is no use in having a fire extinguisher? Makes sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2015, 12:56 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
That makes sense, nothing wrong with that, though most fires in a house are started from grease fires. Those are easy to put out by simply taking away the oxygen source by covering up the fire before it is able to spread. But I get it, you think having a gun on you will somehow make you feel safer just like having a fire extinguisher will prevent your house from burning down. When the reality is, sometimes you aren't going to be there with a fire extinguisher when those flames are still small enough to make it useful.
Who's arguing with you on that last point? No one....

This is a common tactic of yours in threads like these. You come in and attribute a false argument to those who disagree with you so that you can point out the obvious.

Old 07-09-2015, 12:57 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,083,636 times
Quote:
Well, it isn't too late, I am sure your neighbors wouldn't want their house burning down too, and an extinguisher isn't going to help them.
Yea, and to think that it all could have been prevented with the right tool at the right time.

Old 07-09-2015, 12:59 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,083,636 times
Quote:
No one said that these tools are a fix all remedy for all situations.

Its better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

Old 07-09-2015, 08:57 PM

9,512 posts, read 9,077,788 times
Good idea. Bump.

Old 07-10-2015, 06:06 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
No one said that these tools are a fix all remedy for all situations.

Its better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

Correct. It isn't rocket science.

Old 07-10-2015, 07:20 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
"True Blue" lib/progs have a hatred of firearms owners that they will never see past. They see we who keep and train with/use weapons as "wannabe Rambos", illiterate rednecks", uneducated and unenlightened paleolithicholdovers from less advanced times, mired in the mud of the past. Thus, all the "cowboy" and "wild west" west, talking points that hang around like a swarm of noseeums at a picnic.

I own several personal weapons. Not all of them firearms. I also practice archery and edged weapons combat techniques, and some stick work as well. The latter is useful, as I use a cane to aid walking often. The will to fight back has saved me before, and, more importantly, saved my precious lady. Without armed response, she would have been ,brutally, raped and more than likely killed afterward. The aftershocks of that, still keep rolling.

Tighter restrictions on personal arms will do nothing but give the bipreds a target rich hunting ground. Leaving a trail of human wreckage, broken families, and train loads of grieving , angry people. Had the vermin that attacked my love seen his plans completely through, I would have made it the point of my life, to hunt him down, and take his scalp. Winding me up in prison for doing what need doing.

The police can't protect us, they can't protect our loved ones. It is OUR duty, to take measure to do so ourselves. We have a duty to both look and be HARD. To not appear, or to actually be, easy prey. Whether one carries a firearm, edged weapon, LTL, like OC or a Tazer, or a combination, we must be trained, conditioned and physically and mentally ready, to fight, and maybe even die or be seriously injured, defending those we love and ourselves, from those who would take as there privilege, that which can only be taken by doing us harm.

Even when these varmints are stopped from doing what they do, they always take something. In our case, the worm took a huge bite out of my lady and my relationship. My girl will never be the same. Neither will I. My beautiful lady, who was so happy, bubbly, prone to fun little silly spells, has gone quiet, withdrawn, skittish, has nightmares, and cries a lot. I have my own nightmares, and underneath my love and carrying for her, a deep, boiling rage. I would happily do her attacker, in his prison cell, with my bare hands, possibly beating him to death with his wheelchair, and shoving his collection bag down his throat.

Those who advocate the banning of personal arms for citizens are ignorant, to extremes. They have never seen the predatory element make the or a loved one a target.let alone dealt with an actual attack and its aftermath. They love to cite incidents where armed citizens are unsuccessful in defending themselves, and the bad guys win. And then crow that we'd all be better off unarmed, and just give the vermin their ...due. This , in the flawed view that this will keep the dogs from biting. More often, the bites come harder and more frequently. Me n mine will not be submissive puppies. Nor should anyone else. Fight back! Stand up for our RIGHT to fight back. And make the vermin scurry back to their dank dens, or hauled off to the dead animal lit, mores the better.

Old 07-10-2015, 07:54 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,976,240 times
Philadelphia anarcho-capitalist, Republic Broadcasting host, and former LaVey-appointed Church of Satan priest Mark Passio speaks on natural law and the 2nd Amendment:

http://www.whatonearthishappening.com/podcast

WOEIH Show #188
WOEIH Show #189

He gives a public talk on the subject here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diz-8FzHOLM

Last edited by mm4; 07-10-2015 at 08:09 AM..

Old 07-10-2015, 07:56 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
That is simply an argument about prioritization which your initial response was not. I agree that if gun control is the most important issue for you then yes you should fight for it at all cost. As a liberal it doesn't crack my top ten. I don't need an excuse. If I were a tyrant I would have all guns removed and destroyed and only allow the military acess to them for defense. I am not a tyrant. I live in a constitutional republic. I have to prioritize and comprise. I have to seek to understand my fellow citizens and strive towards the best outcome for us all. Sometimes that means, convincing them my way is right. Sometimes that means dropping an issue that isn't as important to me for one that is more important. The republicans tried it your way with obamacare and failed miserably. They refused to cpmpromize and got nothing. As I said. Running into your corner and crying if you are not with me, then you are against me, is the worst trait the left has.
But there is a lot of room between "ban them all" and "free for all". That space between the two is where the compromise is.
I'm a gun owner, and I also support some regulation.

Old 07-10-2015, 11:10 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
So because you might not catch it in time, is that any reason not to have one at all?

2-2
I have been good so far without a gun in my hand at all times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies