Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 04:17 PM

18,794 posts, read 8,420,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Actually under normal circumstances (no threat of extreme chronic drought destroying agriculture), California and New York (the two main engines of the US economy) would probably be the only states that might succeed or improve on their own, especially without the Dixie states to drain their tax support ..... the other 48 would probably fall to third world status.
Would they keep the USD as their currency or adopt their own?

Old 07-11-2015, 10:43 PM

26,969 posts, read 15,187,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I'll tell you one thing about Putin and the Russians; they can't self-govern. I don't want their fingers in my politics until they learn something about the rule of law.

If they ever learn about Rule of Law maybe they can coax our government to do the same.

Old 07-11-2015, 10:53 PM

47 posts, read 50,285 times
Quote:
I wasn't too serious about wanting Texas to leave, even though their politics outside of Austin tend to be dumb and short-sighted, as in trying to skirt environmental regulations. And I'm sure they have some good food, I've always like beef BBQ better than pork.

Sometimes I just get sick of conservatives getting on the California subforum to tell us how we ought to become more like Texans or move there. So I can get a little snappish.

I'm very, very worried about what Putin does, though, and this is the least of it. He's a loose cannon with enormous numbers of really heavy-duty nukes, and he's been making like an angry bear that's been poked. Plus he seems to working to ally himself with a dumb fundie theocrat who sponsors terrorism around the world, and is about to join the nuclear club.
That's a huge idiotic and bland statement because most of the leftists raised in Texas aren't even as close to as what Austin has to offer.

The only reason Austin's politics would seem "intelligent" and "open-minded" to you would be because you're 1) Not from Texas or 2) You are an extreme leftist. Native Austinians although they lean to the left, don't share any hypocritical views such as the lefties from the New England or California.

Like someone stated in the Texas forums, leftists from California or any near sighted state don't know what it is to help the poor, be diverse, etc.

Let me give you an example, many leftists who have moved into Texas don't align with our state's leftists. The leftists moving here are way to hypocritical, for instance these individuals state they like diversity yet they live in all white neighborhoods, cry about how everyone should help the poor while they live in upscale neighborhoods without lifting a finger to help the poor, complain about how we should help the environment while they buy a new $50k car that uses gas.

Austin's politics are a joke (locally), in terms of the state that isn't true. Most metros lean to the left except for Fort Worth which is centrist. Dallas also leans left but is balanced out such as Houston is also. These cities are still more progressive than Austin. I'm not kidding, many Texans know Houston is the most progressive followed by Dallas and then Austin, but don't say that to Californians or Yankees who move here because Austin is a liberal haven and votes mostly liberal therefore they are the most progressive (in their heads). Even Fort Worth's mayor Betsy Price (a [female] republican) supports keeping the city's water localized, supports expanding bike infrastructure, support increased public transportation, and is promoting a healthier population.

Austin is a joke and so are those who move there:

"Hey I'm moving to Texas because the city I currently live in is extremely expensive! (I wonder why), but since I'm open-minded and I don't want to deal with rednecks, or religious people (because I dislike them) I'm going to Austin to surround myself with people who agree with me because that is living an open minded life!"

Old 07-11-2015, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Actually under normal circumstances (no threat of extreme chronic drought destroying agriculture), California and New York (the two main engines of the US economy) would probably be the only states that might succeed or improve on their own, especially without the Dixie states to drain their tax support ..... the other 48 would probably fall to third world status.
Umm, not true at all. I hope you're not being serious. Since it seems you are poorly informed on many subjects how about you go on YouTube (for lazy people who don't want to read) and watch videos about Texas being able to survive if they seceded. I can't recall the channel but it's related to Discovery News, they talk about Texas being able to survive alone away from the U.S.

Old 07-11-2015, 11:20 PM

Yikes, your disgust towards a political party just shows how bigoted you are.

I will hand it to you, you are good at generalizing. Then again you are an extreme liberal by the looks of it. Your brain has rotted.

Last edited by DeadSoul103; 07-11-2015 at 11:45 PM..

Old 07-11-2015, 11:40 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,231,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Texas is free to try and secede, but don't expect to take the oil or refineries with you. You guys know first hand how the US deals with people trying to take oil from them.

We pay ME terrorist supporting countries for their oil.

Old 07-12-2015, 01:27 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,923,168 times
Oh goodie...Another I hate Texas thread, written by and commented on by people who know nothing about the state and nothing about their own nations economics.

Old 07-12-2015, 02:14 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,298 posts, read 14,134,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Yes, I believe so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSoul103 View Post
That's a huge idiotic and bland statement because most of the leftists raised in Texas aren't even as close to as what Austin has to offer.

The only reason Austin's politics would seem "intelligent" and "open-minded" to you would be because you're 1) Not from Texas or 2) You are an extreme leftist. Native Austinians although they lean to the left, don't share any hypocritical views such as the lefties from the New England or California.

Like someone stated in the Texas forums, leftists from California or any near sighted state don't know what it is to help the poor, be diverse, etc.

Let me give you an example, many leftists who have moved into Texas don't align with our state's leftists. The leftists moving here are way to hypocritical, for instance these individuals state they like diversity yet they live in all white neighborhoods, cry about how everyone should help the poor while they live in upscale neighborhoods without lifting a finger to help the poor, complain about how we should help the environment while they buy a new $50k car that uses gas.

Austin's politics are a joke (locally), in terms of the state that isn't true. Most metros lean to the left except for Fort Worth which is centrist. Dallas also leans left but is balanced out such as Houston is also. These cities are still more progressive than Austin. I'm not kidding, many Texans know Houston is the most progressive followed by Dallas and then Austin, but don't say that to Californians or Yankees who move here because Austin is a liberal haven and votes mostly liberal therefore they are the most progressive (in their heads). Even Fort Worth's mayor Betsy Price (a [female] republican) supports keeping the city's water localized, supports expanding bike infrastructure, support increased public transportation, and is promoting a healthier population.

Austin is a joke and so are those who move there:

"Hey I'm moving to Texas because the city I currently live in is extremely expensive! (I wonder why), but since I'm open-minded and I don't want to deal with rednecks, or religious people (because I dislike them) I'm going to Austin to surround myself with people who agree with me because that is living an open minded life!"
Sure, whatever. Obviously you know more about Austin than I do, which is almost nothing.

Old 07-12-2015, 08:52 AM

18,794 posts, read 8,420,430 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Yes, I believe so.

<LOL>

It's one, the other, or both!

Old 07-12-2015, 01:32 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,923,168 times
There are a lot of left wing folks out there that demonize the state of Texas, solely because Texas is a successful Red state. The facts don't matter to them in the least. In fact the facts infuriate them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.