Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 10:34 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
This requires measures be taken to control its effects, even if the corrective action is misdirected.
Fascinating , please expand and detail exactly what misdirected measures you think are necessitated.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:42 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Fascinating , please expand and detail exactly what misdirected measures you think are necessitated.

An anti-white show on MTV.

Old 07-10-2015, 12:06 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Whites (all liberal) attacking their own and other whites' whiteness and "white privilege."

I'm sure they'll be showing it in public school classrooms and on university campuses all over the nation.

The host, a Latino illegal alien -- maybe he could talk about his privileges:

Allowed to break the law with no consequences.

Given racial preference as a "person of color."

Overpaid shill for major corporations who want a flood of cheap labor and poor people into this country so that they can turn it into another Mexico with 0.0001% being very rich and 99.9999% being very poor.

Old 07-10-2015, 12:35 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
MTV is airing an a documentary designed to make white people ashamed of themselves, their heritage and culture. It is also hosted by an illegal immigrant.
It is called White People.
Trailer for MTV

This is a growing trend. The casual acceptance of anti-white bigotry is only going to get worse in the coming years where it is OK to attack white people and their history in the media as well as on college campuses across the country and will likely lead to discrimination against whites.
This is a contemptible decision by MTV to stir up hate against whites. Unfortunately, there will likely be little backlash against this because this kind of hate is acceptable in modern America.
You must be new because been there done that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu-g9aWTf_s

[watch it all...and think about it]

Old 07-10-2015, 02:07 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,279,468 times
Quote:
MTV is airing an a documentary designed to make white people ashamed of themselves, their heritage and culture. It is also hosted by an illegal immigrant.
Trailer for MTV

This is a growing trend. The casual acceptance of anti-white bigotry is only going to get worse in the coming years where it is OK to attack white people and their history in the media as well as on college campuses across the country and will likely lead to discrimination against whites.

This is a contemptible decision by MTV to stir up hate against whites. Unfortunately, there will likely be little backlash against this because this kind of hate is acceptable in modern America.

It WILL get worse. But that's the cycle just like everything else. 20-50 years from now it will be "en vogue" again to have "white pride days" and the like.

I'm usually the person in a group casually referring to a "black person" in a descriptive way while others avert their eyes just for me even using the word "black!" (Latest example is my saying how "i cried when all of those black people forgave that white kid.") I hope this documentary will at least get nonsense like that to stop!

If i can loudly say, "look at that blond's pants," why can't i say without tension, "look at that black guys's shirt." (??)

I'd rather see a documentary called "Poor People" or "Project People" and make it required viewing for politicians.

"White" encompasses many sub-demographic. I personally relate much more to a black person raised poor than to a privileged white such as a Bush or a Clinton.

Old 07-10-2015, 03:01 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
... 20-50 years from now it will be "en vogue" again to have "white pride days" and the like. ......
20 years from now, those cable trash channels will all be toast. 1000s of people are unhooking from cable every day and going to streaming and over the air broadcast. This is in part due to networks like MTV which only show irrelevant garbage now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cordcutters/

Old 07-10-2015, 03:33 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,195,836 times
Quote:
Trailer for MTV.....
I watched the trailer, and this white guy wasn't uncomfortable. Sorting people by their race and treating them accordingly has been a basic part of the fabric of American history and culture since before there was a U.S.A. So, now the shoe is on the other foot for awhile, it pinches, yeah...but eventually this will pass away too.

In the meantime, I'm sure that there are nice black folks who sympathize with how we suffer.

Last edited by kevxu; 07-10-2015 at 03:42 AM..

Old 07-10-2015, 04:19 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
...Sorting people by their race and treating them accordingly has been a basic part of the fabric of American history and culture since before there was a U.S.A. So, now the shoe is on the other foot for awhile, it pinches, yeah...but eventually this will pass away too.

In the meantime, I'm sure that there are nice black folks who sympathize with how we suffer.
Apparently you think it's bad that we sorted people by race in the past, but you think it's fine that we do that now.

If it was bad then, it's bad now.

Welcome to being the problem you "want" to solve.

Old 07-10-2015, 04:53 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I answered the first question and this makes no sense. "Or that the white racism that obsesses over the African and somehow cant see its own dysfunction in your post?"
Sure it doesn't...keep avoiding the issue. Somehow this (non-African) illegal immigrant's show has to do with "black people" only according to your post and nothing has to do with him or his own people.

Yea, that's sensible..lol. Yet you don't see the dysfunction in your comments. How far do you go back in this country? If you are recent, it's a shame that you've soaked up the delusion and backward mentality.

Old 07-10-2015, 05:57 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
There was something even halfway interesting in the '80s?
Oh hell yea! They used to play great music, early on. They switched to gangsta stuff in the late 80s and early 90s, and went way down hill. I loved Martha Quinns show, when she was a VJ. Now, MTV is nothing but a media outlet for Sharpton a company. They used to have something for everyone, music wise. Not about the music anymore. Hasn't been to a while. The original MTV is but a distant, pleasant, memory.

Its pretty much all "kill whitey" now. Just another political stump, aimed at "angry young blacks", . Sad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies