Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 06:50 AM

8,058 posts, read 3,917,109 times

Advertisements

Martin had a Dream... and the Left in America are doing their damnedest to try and kill it:

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

Character does not matter to post-modern progressives; they only seek power to avenge their own past failures.

Old 07-10-2015, 07:02 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,938,824 times
Honestly, who in the hell watches MTV these days? Do they even play music videos anymore? I think they went south way back when they started the whole reality tv thing with "The Real World" which BTW the ONLY good thing about that show was when Chapelle did a spoof on it on his show! Seriously, if I want to watch music videos, I'll pull them up on You Tube, and there are a ton of them on there.

Old 07-10-2015, 07:58 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,614,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Martin had a Dream... and the Left in America are doing their damnedest to try and kill it:

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

Character does not matter to post-modern progressives; they only seek power to avenge their own past failures.
As much as left-wingers claim their goal is equality, every action they take only seems to split people into groups based on race, gender, sexual orientation or religion, and they have rules for how each group should or should not be treated.

This completely betrays Dr. King's beliefs -- we're forced by our overly sensitive, guilt-ridden PC society to see someone as a Black man, a gay woman, a Middle-Eastern Muslim or an old, White Christian male and adjust all of our interactions with this person based on these labels. We no longer see them a person -- we see a demographic, and there are unwritten rules for how you're supposed to interact with them.

This is where Progressivism has brought us. Rather than treating people as individuals, we lump them all into groups, each to be treated differently.

Old 07-10-2015, 09:07 AM

755 posts, read 672,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
MTV is airing an a documentary designed to make white people ashamed of themselves, their heritage and culture. It is also hosted by an illegal immigrant.
It is called White People.
Trailer for MTV

This is a growing trend. The casual acceptance of anti-white bigotry is only going to get worse in the coming years where it is OK to attack white people and their history in the media as well as on college campuses across the country and will likely lead to discrimination against whites.
This is a contemptible decision by MTV to stir up hate against whites. Unfortunately, there will likely be little backlash against this because this kind of hate is acceptable in modern America.
You don't have to hate white people because of history, you also don't have to deny history because well....it makes white people look bad. They did bad stuff and when you read, see or hear about it, it is disturbing, always has been, always will be. So what? I am not going to be angry at YOU Mr. white person.

You have to put history in context and temper your emotions when triggered by inhumane events that have been perpetrated against all people by all people throughout history. White people get the short end of the stick, because their destructive history has been most recent and perpetrated against Americans.........not foreigners, barbarians, or any outside people. The only recent people I can think of who have treated their own people so poorly are the likes named Hitler, Stalin, Lenin, or any other dictator that purged people whom they did not feel were fit for society. Those guys did it with mass murder, white people did it with racist legislation and a small group of them through terrorism and murder.

Last edited by jmac1; 07-10-2015 at 09:17 AM..

Old 07-10-2015, 09:49 AM

17,500 posts, read 17,380,225 times
Quote:
MTV is airing an a documentary designed to make white people ashamed of themselves, their heritage and culture. It is also hosted by an illegal immigrant.
Trailer for MTV

This is a growing trend. The casual acceptance of anti-white bigotry is only going to get worse in the coming years where it is OK to attack white people and their history in the media as well as on college campuses across the country and will likely lead to discrimination against whites.
This is a contemptible decision by MTV to stir up hate against whites. Unfortunately, there will likely be little backlash against this because this kind of hate is acceptable in modern America.
So they moved the "white man is evil" college courses to MTV, a network whose viewing numbers are dwindling. MTV needs to go back to being music television or just go away.

Old 07-10-2015, 01:23 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,265,072 times
A point worth remembering is that while a lot of us do hold to conservative values, most of the Baby Boom generation don't, and never have subscribed to the polarization that characterized the "generation gap" of 1965-75. And quite a few of the Boomers were still under 30 when MTV debuted in the early 1980's.

There is growing evidence of a widespread disaffection with the self-righteousness of the so-called "progressives" and the ideology of Political Correctness which allows them to expect everyone else to renounce their right to think. Say what you will about his own faults and behavior, but no single public figure has manifested this discontent more in recent days than Donald Trump.

Most of the "progressives" can't afford to confront this, because they feel that if they do, their entire agenda would be discredited. (Personally, I'd settle for about 75% discredit. )

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 07-10-2015 at 02:14 PM..

Old 07-10-2015, 01:29 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,938,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Oh hell yea! They used to play great music, early on. They switched to gangsta stuff in the late 80s and early 90s, and went way down hill. I loved Martha Quinns show, when she was a VJ. Now, MTV is nothing but a media outlet for Sharpton a company. They used to have something for everyone, music wise. Not about the music anymore. Hasn't been to a while. The original MTV is but a distant, pleasant, memory.

Its pretty much all "kill whitey" now. Just another political stump, aimed at "angry young blacks", . Sad

Honestly, I didn't mind the "gangsta stuff" because I like more of the old school hip hop. Then again, I like all types of music, and while there are genres that I don't particularly care for, I can find a song from any genre in any era that I like. I was a DJ, so I've become quite musically diverse if you will. But I do agree with you. MTV is terrible, and VH1 anymore isn't much better.

Old 07-10-2015, 06:24 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,373,985 times
Quote:
Trailer for MTV

Indeed it is.

Old 07-10-2015, 06:40 PM

31,682 posts, read 26,569,406 times
Much of the media from entertainment down to news is controlled by members of the Reformed Jewish faith. A group historically known for championing all sundry and manner of liberal/Democratic causes in this country.

Even PBS which supposedly should be somewhat neutral and or at least unbiased continues to run more towards the left.

Old 07-10-2015, 07:14 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,373,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Much of the media from entertainment down to news is controlled by members of the Reformed Jewish faith. A group historically known for championing all sundry and manner of liberal/Democratic causes in this country.

Even PBS which supposedly should be somewhat neutral and or at least unbiased continues to run more towards the left.
Who runs Hollywood? C'mon - latimes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies