Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 03:03 PM

33,994 posts, read 17,030,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
A good day for America. The USA flag should fly in SC's capitol grounds, not the CSA.
Amen.

Newsflash: The CSA lost. It does NOT exist. The USA graciously allowed these traitors back in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2015, 03:07 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,413,374 times
Meanwhile in gun-free Chicago, black gunmen have killed ten other blacks since July 1.

The flag is a silly little distraction to the real problems facing inner-city blacks and the perception their actions casts on all blacks.

Old 07-11-2015, 03:07 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,380 times
It will return, because of the Augment will turn to Historical reference. Changing a Flag because one sick young man. Really?

Old 07-11-2015, 03:11 PM

72,958 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
The same victim cult mob and their white liberal enablers will be calling for the US flag to come down next.
Last time I checked, I have never heard ANY Blacks complain about the USA flag or call for its removal. I've heard Blacks complain about the Confederate flag. So I disagree with your sentiments.

Old 07-11-2015, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Meanwhile in gun-free Chicago, black gunmen have killed ten other blacks since July 1.

The flag is a silly little distraction to the real problems facing inner-city blacks and the perception their actions casts on all blacks.
Prove it. You have said that this is to distract from Black on Black murder. The burden of proof is on you to prove that this is the case.

Old 07-11-2015, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Amen.

Newsflash: The CSA lost. It does NOT exist. The USA graciously allowed these traitors back in.
I see it the same way. The CSA is NO MORE. It lost and has been dissolved. Clinging to the memory of the CSA, it is not even so much about being a traitor. It just shows irrational thinking.

Old 07-11-2015, 03:17 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Amen.

If the confederate states were a different country, and they were at the time, then they were not traitors. In your post you said they were graciously let back into the US. So, even you understand that they were not a part of this country at the time of the civil war. Secession was not against the constitution. That only changed after the war.

Old 07-11-2015, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
As a Southerner, I agreed with the removal of the confederate flag from the State grounds. It really does not belong on government buildings. The confederacy ceased to exist 150 years ago.
I can understand that sentiment. One thing to consider is this. Southerners are first and foremost, Americans. In fact, by region, Southerners make up the largest share of those who are serving in the USA Armed Forces.

I look at the flag like this. If one wants to fly the flag from their truck or their private property, I cannot stop them. Said persons have freedom of speech. As far as state and federal buildings, they represent their state and nation. In South Carolina's case, the state flag and USA flag should fly there.

Old 07-11-2015, 03:26 PM

33,994 posts, read 17,030,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
If the confederate states were a different country, and they were at the time, then they were not traitors. In your post you said they were graciously let back into the US. So, even you understand that they were not a part of this country at the time of the civil war. Secession was not against the constitution. That only changed after the war.
I do think we should legally ban every flag around the globe every flown against the USA inside our borders on all public grounds or registered places of business open to the public. (The UN of course would be exempt).

Old 07-11-2015, 03:34 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,259,831 times
I don't doubt that many (if not most) American Blacks "hate" the old Virginia Field Battle Flag - as green_mariner stated "my parents didn't like it" and they taught the same to their children. I was never "taught" any feelings about any of the Confederate Flags at all - I was taught US History and not symbolism of inanimate objects. I've thought about it a lot and can't actually remember EVER seeing a Battle Flag hoisted anywhere - even on private property. I've not visited any Civil War Memorials, Battle Fields and done little travel throughout the South - but I have traveled over most parts of Texas in my lifetime (which is substantial) and don't recall ever seeing it anywhere except in Nickel and Dime tourist places maybe.

I have no issue with the Old Battle Flag being Up, Down or tucked away -- I simply don't care. It should be the choice of a State's citizens what they decide to do in such matters. I do care that this is a Gruber'd Hysterical Protest by those outside of the State of South Carolina that didn't even start until many days after the Murder of all those folks in that Church basement by a Nutter Racist.

In the beginning (June 17th Murder) - the immediate "cry" was "Hate Crime" (by most everyone and perfectly true). At the same time - Obama, Biden, Clinton ALL issued initial speeches/statements about "Gun Violence" and Evil Republicans that would "stop Gun Violence" ........ that went on for a couple of days and then SUDDENLY - no more talk about "Gun Violence" and now it's ALL about the Old Virginia Field Battle Flag. For days after the Murders, nothing was said about a Battle Flag, there was talk of the Killer's Manifesto (hate toward Blacks, Hispanics, Jews, Asians), take of the Rhodesian Flag on his jacket and Website, talk about how it was what he read about the Martin/Zimmerman case that started his entire spiral and talk about his drug use. All of a sudden about 4-5 days after the Murders -- it's now ALL about the old Battle Flag. Doesn't make much sense, but it is a Dandy distraction for what really happened and the Gruber'd crowd lapped it up like a Cat licks Cream.

That always struck me as very strange - more became clear when it was released on Friday that the FBI flubbed the Gun Background Check and the Killer should have never been allowed to buy the gun.

They had to know this almost immediately and that probably explains the $29 Million Dollars that the DOJ Fast Tracked to the Victim's Families on June 19th for "relief". That received almost no press. The "Flag Kerfuffle" took ALL the air out of the room beginning about June 21. The rest in "History".

U.S. to fast track $29 million to help Charleston shooting victims' families |Reuters June 20, 2015

It's certainly not unusual for the DOJ to offer money from Crime Victim Assistance Formula Grant program, but it's money that is Applied for when there is "need" or it's offered through the corresponding State Crime Vicim program -- the $29 MILLION DOLLARS for 9 Victims is unprecedented. Totally unprecedented, AND it was almost immediate. It's also interesting that there was almost no more talk about "gun regulations" after this DOJ "grant".

It all smells, but it does smell like the Same Old Stuff we have been accustomed to the last 6-7 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies