Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 05:48 PM

755 posts, read 675,515 times

Advertisements

I really don't get it. Believe it or not, some people didn't give Bird credit because he was white......and I am talking about NBA players. Was it accurate? hell no; were they blinded because of his color?.....duh! If you can't make a comparison with Obama is some form.........

Did anyone read what Isaiah and Rodman said? Btw, that was pre-acting crazy seeking attention Rodman. You don't have to agree with them, but they didn't give Bird his due, because he was white....that is in print, so saying the OP is wrong on how some people felt about Bird is..........ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 05:53 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Obviously the OP doesn't remember 80's basketball very well. Probably wasn't even born yet.
OP does not even remember the "history" of what happened in Iraq since 2011. Sexual slavery, beheadings of young children, and so forth.

Old 07-10-2015, 05:59 PM

17,795 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Interesting analogy. I'm calling it now. Hillary Clinton. The "Sue Bird" of the Presidency.

Old 07-10-2015, 06:00 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac1 View Post
Unfortunately, a lot of people were not able to see past Larry Bird's color and didn't acknowledge the greatness that he displayed throughout his career. It wasn't until he was long retired when people began removing their racists goggles and giving him all of the respect and credit he deserved and appreciate what he did for the game.....This is what I see with President Obama.

This guy has revamped the economy, brought the stock and housing market back to its feet, saved the auto industry, created universal health care, killed Osama Bin Laden, decreased the unemployment rate, increased jobs growth and many others, but people continue to HATE him and disbelieve his successes as President.

Obama is caring, charismatic, intelligent, cool, calm, collective, and he has the propensity to take crap like no other President without blinking an eye.

People don't appreciate it now, but wait until we go back to the dull, dry, out of touch type of Presidents we have had in the past..........You will be longing, wishing and bragging about the days of Obama, you Fox watching fools!
the joke of the day.. the bail out money from the government to the banks that were too big to fail , plus borrowed from China is in the stock market along with investors who can't get any interest on saved money in the banks.. the bubble is horrific and it is the biggest scam.. this country is in for big trouble.
Still millions of foreclosures in many states.. they are hitting big now in NJ..

Old 07-10-2015, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
OP does not even remember the "history" of what happened in Iraq since 2011. Sexual slavery, beheadings of young children, and so forth.

Ad Nauseam huh?

The OP has provided evidence to support everything he has stated. You can interpret it as you please, but don't pretend that I am just putting stuff out there. You don't have to agree, but I know I have stated a strong case, that is why some posters are in attack the poster mode, because I am hard to deal with when it comes to defending your opposing stance.

But it is the internet, so I am not surprised.

have a nice day

Old 07-10-2015, 06:09 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,248,178 times
.....wow.

Old 07-10-2015, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
the joke of the day.. the bail out money from the government to the banks that were too big to fail , plus borrowed from China is in the stock market along with investors who can't get any interest on saved money in the banks.. the bubble is horrific and it is the biggest scam.. this country is in for big trouble.
Still millions of foreclosures in many states.. they are hitting big now in NJ..
Tell that to the Car Dealerships and Auto Manufacturers
Tell that to the families that used HARP
Tell that to the people whom have 401K's
Tell that to the people who cannot be denied because health ins. of their pre-existing conditions
Tell that to the Gays who have equal rights

Tell that to the Mexican children who have been here their whole lives and are in college because of the Dream Act

Should I continue?

Tell that to Osama Bin Laden

Next!!

Old 07-10-2015, 06:17 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
I used to think that GW Bush was the worst president ever. Then along came Obama to prove me wrong.

The OP must be related to LexusNexus

Old 07-10-2015, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Interesting analogy. I'm calling it now. Hillary Clinton. The "Sue Bird" of the Presidency.
When I was growing up and Bird was playing, if you were black, you couldn't like him. Black people would get very upset and call you names-see Spike Lee's Do the Right Thing movie-but now that he is retired it is okay to like him and brag on how good his game was; but not back when he was playing no way. See Isaiah and Dennis comments.

Today, Bird is appreciated by all without a doubt. In fact, if you as a black person, don't give Bird his due today, people will look at you like you are crazy; wasn't like that in the 80's. You could say he was alright, but you couldn't mentioned as one of the best ever!

The black people rooted for the Lakers
The white people rooted for the Celtics

Old 07-10-2015, 06:24 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac1 View Post
Tell that to the Car Dealerships and Auto Manufacturers
Tell that to the families that used HARP
Tell that to the people whom have 401K's
Tell that to the people who cannot be denied because health ins. of their pre-existing conditions
Tell that to the Gays who have equal rights

Tell that to the Mexican children who have been here their whole lives and are in college because of the Dream Act

Should I continue?

Tell that to Osama Bin Laden

Next!!
You really are funny!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies