Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2015, 09:06 PM

16,910 posts, read 10,582,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
No one in my house has ever talked like that and neither have any of my friends or relatives. Trump has no solution, don't you understand that? No one in congress is going to vote to deport 11 million people geezus.. quit kidding yourself. Some of candidates in the Republican clown car talk that way to get you ginned up so you will vote for them in the primary, but take a deep breath and try to understand that it is just talk- nothing more.
Congress does not need to vote. Congress already made illegal immigration illegal, but most executives have simply refused to enforce it due to corporate interests. Trump is just saying he will do what the executive is supposed to do and enforce the law.

Old 07-11-2015, 09:06 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
In today's PC world of wimps and whiners he certainly appears to be a lunatic. Any time someone speaks the truth in the 21st century they are labeled crazy, racist, mysoginist, homophobe, or hysterical. Keep electing professional politicians to office who make and break the same promises and nothing will ever improve. You can have your Obamas, Clintons, Bush, and all the rest of the phonies who are bought and sold.

Old 07-11-2015, 09:07 PM

16,910 posts, read 10,582,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
He does sound good on some issues. Is he just telling you what most want to hear? He wants to build a huge wall to keep Mexicans out. Without Mexicans, who is he going to get to build this thing. Imagine it being built as they stand by and watch. I think most of his concern is with the Trump name and how things affect his business. His ego and his business is more important than this country.
How about black people with no low skilled jobs because they have been taken by illegals?

Old 07-11-2015, 09:15 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
He does sound good on some issues. Is he just telling you what most want to hear? He wants to build a huge wall to keep Mexicans out. Without Mexicans, who is he going to get to build this thing. Imagine it being built as they stand by and watch. I think most of his concern is with the Trump name and how things affect his business. His ego and his business is more important than this country.
A huge wall will be worthless unless it's monitored every 20 feet, 24x7. That will never happen. If they built a wall it would have ladders stacked up every mile, with dozens of people standing in line to hop the fence. they'll create rope ladders and ladders made of boards.

Old 07-11-2015, 09:17 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
But many of the growers hire illegal aliens instead simply to increase their profits because they don't have to take care of the above but instead pass their social costs unto we the taxpayer.
Last time I checked, though, nobody was going after these growers, even though they were engaged in the employment of illegal immigrants to the U.S

Oh, they didn't know they were hiring illegals? Well God bless them. Unless they are lying.

Old 07-11-2015, 09:21 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,230,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
yeah let's send the parents home and we can put their babies in orphanages what a great idea
The parents knew good and well what they were doing is an illegal action; however, this is a problem. Then again, if they were not born here, why should the U.S. have an obligation to take care of them? Maybe the 14th Amendment should be revised to provide that babies born to non-citizens, with the intent* on producing anchor babies, shall NOT be natural born citizens of the United States.

*I'm hesitant to include "with intent" since "intent" could be hard to prove, unless well-defined by law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
It is a lot worse than this. You think it ends with in-state tuition? Of course not. You think your average illegal can afford even the in-state tuition? We are headed for free tuition for illegals, my friend. Of course, it won't be called that. It will be wrapped in financial aid or grant package. Oh, legal PA residents won't be eligible, in case you wondered.
I would not be surprised in the least if this happened with the liberal Tom Wolf holding the PA Governorship. Prospects like this **** me off. I am a college student struggling to pay my own tuition here in PA. They shouldn't get priority over someone who has lived all 19 years of his life in PA. I love my state; it has cosmopolitan cities (especially Philadelphia), beautiful mountains, world-class resorts, famous amusement parks, and the best snack foods and beer (Yuengling for the win!) in the world. I would hate it if something like this were to happen because I would consider moving after college.

Old 07-11-2015, 09:32 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,249,853 times
Joe legal works in construction, has a Social Security number and makes $25.00 per hour with taxes deducted.

Jose illegal also works in construction has no Social Security number and makes $15.00 per hour cash, under the table.

Ready?... now pay attention....

Joe legal: $25.00 per hour × 40 hours = $1,000.00 per week or $52,000.00 per year. Now, take 31% away for State and Federal taxes. Joe legal now has $31,231.00.

Jose illegal: $15.00 an hour × 40 hours = $600.00 per week or $31,200.00 per year. Jose illegal pays no taxes. Jose illegal now has $31,200.00.

Joe legal pays medical and dental insurance with limited coverage for his family at $600.00 per month, or $7,200.00 per year. Joe legal now has $24,031.00.

Jose illegal has full medical and dental coverage through the State and local clinics and emergency hospitals at a cost of $0.00 per year. Jose illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe legal makes too much money and is not eligible for food stamps or welfare. Joe legal spends $500.00 per month for food or $6,000.00 per year. Joe legal now has $18,031.00.

Jose illegal has no documented income and is eligible for food stamps, WIC and welfare. Jose illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe legal pays rent of 1,200.00 per month or $14,400.00 per year. Joe legal now has $9,631.00.

Jose illegal receives $500.00 per month Federal rent subsidy. Jose illegal pays out that $500.00 per month or $6,000.00 per year. Jose illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe legal pays $200.00 per month or $2,400.00 per year for car insurance. Some of that is uninsured motorist insurance. Joe legal now has $7,231.00.

Jose illegal says, "We don't need no stinkin' insurance."... and still has $31,000.00.

Joe legal has to make his $7,231.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline.. etc.

Jose illegal has to make his $31,200.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline and what he sends out of the country every month....

Joe legal now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part time job after work.

Jose illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.

Joe legal's and Jose illegal's children both attend the same elementary school.

Joe legal pays for his children's lunches while...

Jose illegal's children get a government-sponsored lunch.

Jose illegal's children have an after school ESL program.

Joe legal's children go home.

Now, when they reach college age...

Joe legal's kids may not get into a State school and may not qualify for scholarships, grants or other tuition help, even though Joe has been paying for State schools through his taxes, while...

Jose illegal's kids go to the, 'head of the class' because they are a minority.

Joe legal and Jose illegal both benefit from the same police and fire services, but Joe paid for them and Jose did not.

Do you get it, now?

If we vote for or support any politician that supports illegal aliens,... we are part of the problem.

Its way PAST time to take a stand for America and Americans!

Old 07-11-2015, 09:35 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Congress does not need to vote. Congress already made illegal immigration illegal, but most executives have simply refused to enforce it due to corporate interests. Trump is just saying he will do what the executive is supposed to do and enforce the law.
Yes. We know what you want.
You want Obama to tell INS to immediately deport all 11 million illegal immigrants and enforce existing law. Your Republican reps will never involve themselves. Too messy and not good politically. Hang it all on Obama. No Congressional immigration reform. Just Obama kicking them all out under existing law. I bet you think Trump will deport all of them while still getting the Hispanic vote as he officially claimed.

We got your agenda........which is nothing but status Quo, while you ***** about the situation and make political hay with the base.

Old 07-11-2015, 09:59 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,258,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
What is funny is that "Illegals" from Mexico manage to make a living in the US despite their "Illegal" status! Who is hiring them?
This question should also be addressed to the unemployed on welfare who claim they can’t find jobs but next to them is the illegal who has no trouble finding one. What is the secret, Bobdreamz.

Old 07-11-2015, 10:05 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
Joe legal works in construction, has a Social Security number and makes $25.00 per hour with taxes deducted.

Jose illegal also works in construction has no Social Security number and makes $15.00 per hour cash, under the table.
Most illegals work for medium to large companies and provide either an ITIN number or a Social Security number because employers won't hire anyone without one or the other. So they pay taxes and they pay into social security. There are certainly some 'illegals' who work under the table but there are US citizens who do the same thing, in mostly residential landscaping, house cleaning or handyman services. But the majority work at real jobs for real companies and pay real taxes. A legit employer won't pay anyone under the table, it's not worth taking the chance of getting caught.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies