Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2015, 11:42 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
. It's also amusing to see left wing Democrats and their minions, who are used to having those on whom they lob their name calling, personal attacks, ridicule, attempts to ruin lives and livelihoods and other acts of intimidation cave right into to those tactics, gyrate and spin as they don't know how to react to an individual who won't cave, except to try the same tactics over and over and wonder why it doesn't work this time, LOL.
You seem to be misinformed,leftwing democrats love the Donald as his high ratings in the polls basically assures a democrat President in the Next Election, as for name calling, personal attacks, ridicule, attempts to ruin lives and livelihoods? spending some time on the P&C section that course of action seems the sole territory of the right wings train of thought.

Last edited by jambo101; 07-12-2015 at 12:14 PM..

Old 07-12-2015, 12:15 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,866,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
Typical conservative unable to come up with anything but ad hominem attacks but I expect no less from Gunluvver2. You do know that it's weird to love inanimate objects?
At least my guns are not infested with Maggots.

Old 07-12-2015, 12:53 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,947,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
He's a DECOY, similar to Herman Cain. His GOP mission is to make headlines, draw attention to his unpopular right-wing rhetoric, so attention is taken away from all the good that President Obama has done and is doing. He's supposed to frame the public issues, and by looking incredibly bad, make the eventual front-runner look better because he's not as bad.

The problem is that the ideology he promotes, has never worked for the benefit of all, and is unpopular in this country. Colorful rhetoric doesn't hide the glaring fact that the political ideology he follows, stinks.
: Last summer his administration transported the illegals anywhere in the country they wanted to go, with a promise to appear at a future court date. As of today 97% have not showed up for their hearing. Recently his administration discontinued the use of holding centers and turned more illegals out into our society, never to be heard from again. His administration has tied the hands of our border patrol and law enforcement agencies and give these illegals protection that the average American citizen does not have.

Maybe Obama has done good by the illegals; for the American citizens, not so much.

Old 07-12-2015, 01:12 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
My apologies, I have fixed my sentence as follows: "But he only has sound bites, no substance or sane, workable idea.

So you think it makes sense (and even possible) for MISTER Trump to impose a 35% tariff on Ford cars built in Mexico? I will save myself some typing here, but you should be able to figure out quickly how that "idea" is absurd. Think about it, why aren't we even doing that to foreign cars (many of which have been built in Mexico) now? Do you think Ford and its shareholders would sit idly for this idea, or abandon a brand new $2.5 billion plant? Under NAFTA, the US cannot take a unilateral tariff action like that, so how is he going to overcome that? Not to mention, every Big Three has a plant in Mexico. Are we punishing them, too?

See, your post simply proves my point. His solutions are overly simplistic soundbites with no substance. When you stop and think about it, none of them make sense to sane people. But then again, that's not his intended audience.

Mick
I am sure you are also the type who fervently defends environmental and labor laws that you and the people you voted for have put in place in the past 40 years. After all this you are letting Ford to close up shop move down south and just build the cars there? What is wrong with tacking those costs to the price of the car? NAFTA? Lawyers can find ways around it. What am I seeing lately? The left and the corporations whom they fought tooth and nail are getting in bed to the detriment of the workers.

Old 07-12-2015, 01:23 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,301,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
How about black people with no low skilled jobs because they have been taken by illegals?

Well... how about just "people with no low skilled jobs"? There have always been unskilled / low-skilled workers in every 'category', and most of the time they accepted the low-wage jobs because it was either that or welfare. I wonder what these people do for work now?

For myself, border issues have been a priority for 30-sum years and, so far, nobody's done a damn thing about it. Someone, at some point, needs to s-hit or get off the pot and either attempt to secure the immigration laws or just open them entirely up and convert to the Amero.

Old 07-12-2015, 01:55 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post

For myself, border issues have been a priority for 30-sum years and, so far, nobody's done a damn thing about it.
Rick Perry, whom I actually like, and other border state governors can’t be left off the hook. Forget Washington. What keeps them from simply enforcing their border crossings. Is this too much to ask? It is YOUR state for crying out loud. I know the answer. Deep down all the so called conservative Republican have bought into the notion that if you stop illegal immigrants, you offend legal immigrants. That’s why nothing gets done.

Old 07-12-2015, 02:26 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Oh my God, this is hilarious coming from the person who constantly does the same. What a hypocrite! He was doing it so often and was so nasty that I had to put him on ignore.

Quote: "Typical conservative unable to come up with anything but ad hominem attacks".

Old 07-12-2015, 02:26 PM

3,874 posts, read 4,697,874 times
More than anything else he is badly misinformed on many world & national affairs & issues.
He lives in a bubble of his own creation so how is he ever going to know any better?
The unfortunate things that goes along w/ him, because of his celebrity status, his wealth & his political ambitions, he is too often given a platform to spew his misinformation or badly developed world & national affairs opinions.
When I was young & a Republican, I remember how generally information & science driven & education supporting Republicans & Republican candidates were. The party also was vigorous in supporting voter registration drives in an effort to raise the number of Americans who were eligible to vote.
Times have changed.
Pity us for that.

Old 07-12-2015, 02:28 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Rick Perry, whom I actually like, and other border state governors can’t be left off the hook. Forget Washington. What keeps them from simply enforcing their border crossings. Is this too much to ask? It is YOUR state for crying out loud. I know the answer. Deep down all the so called conservative Republican have bought into the notion that if you stop illegal immigrants, you offend legal immigrants. That’s why nothing gets done.
Actually they and the Democrats are both worried about offending Hispanic citizens therefore they pander. Legal immigrants can't vote. Why Hispanic citizens are offended about any negative remarks made about illegal aliens is beyond me. It's not about them.

Old 07-12-2015, 02:29 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,340,269 times
I would say, yes, Trump is a lunatic. He's flushing all his wealth down the drain, is ruining is legacy for his children, and will die a pariah, abandoned by his kids, who have their own business interests to protect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies