Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2015, 04:15 PM

297 posts, read 294,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I don't know about the rest of you, but I find this post hard to fully appreciate without seeing the poster's photo to check out and compare her skin tone, etc. Please post a pic at once. Thank you.

Mick
Many people post comments online, few are honest.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
This post is starting to turn into something from lip stick alley
Well that was "Faith's" intention.

Last edited by LovelyDay2016; 07-15-2015 at 04:27 PM..

Old 07-15-2015, 04:23 PM

Anyhow, I would love to see this study conducted using a random sample.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:33 PM

35,687 posts, read 21,039,129 times
girls like : bad boys - trends- upset their parents- and dying for attention- many girls before raised with black nannies, learned love from them but not to have an attachment. sports/ dance and that life--
boys like : the lighter pretty girls-to break into an unwelcoming society. responsibility not taught- it's a high risk relationship or a challenge
economics: no money -breeds ignorance and no solutions
question : how many black gals having white boys babies?

Old 07-15-2015, 04:33 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,271,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyDay2016 View Post
Light skinned people are mixed race, not authentically Black. The West African women who were brought to the Americas did not resemble mixed race women like Vanessa Williams, Paula Patton, Lisa Bonnet, etc.

I reject the notion that these women are Black, because they are not.
All of those women are biracial that you just listed... I mean duh. They aren't completely black. They all have a white parent.

But there are many blk women that are as light as lisa bonet or Vanessa Williams with 2 black parents. It's ridiculous that the only way a person is authentically black to you is if they resemble someone that is darker with pronounced african features.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Well that was "Faith's" intention.
How was it my intention to turn this into lipstick alley? My intention was to counter the ideas that were talked about in this thread that I did not agree with that I get sick of seeing.

I deleted the post that people felt was inappropriate, so moving back on track...

Last edited by Faith2187; 07-15-2015 at 04:47 PM..

Old 07-15-2015, 04:38 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,347,291 times
Quote:
Do share how he compensated?

This is hilarious, because there should be no confusion. Either you have brown/dark skin and share the phenotype and genotype of West African ancestral roots, or you don't. If you don't, no problem, but please stop calling yourself Black, please start identifying as mixed race. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being mixed. Embrace who you are and stop trying to steal the crown of bona fide black women.
So should Jaden Smith, Bow Wow, and August Alsina tell people they're not Black?

Jaden Smith has loose curly hair, Bow wow has green eyes, AA is lightskin with curly hair. Actually all three of them are light, are they "mixed"? LoL.

I also noticed you've yet to respond to any rebuttals, instead you deflected and ranted.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:41 PM

28,664 posts, read 18,771,597 times
Quote:
I agree with the bolded text, but I don't believe that black women participate in colorism on the same scale as black males. If anything, light complexioned males (who identify as black) often complain that most black women generally prefer black men. It is actually rare to see a light skinned man as the love interest in a "black movie," but very common to see light skinned women paired opposite brown or dark-skinned men.
That's why colorism manifests in black women as an issue between women rather than as a mating preference.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Do share how he compensated?

This is hilarious, because there should be no confusion. Either you have brown/dark skin and share the phenotype and genotype of West African ancestral roots, or you don't. If you don't, no problem, but please stop calling yourself Black, please start identifying as mixed race. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being mixed. Embrace who you are and stop trying to steal the crown of bona fide black women.
By compensation I meant he felt the need to prove his blackness more by acting tougher and constantly having to fight guys who thought because he was pretty he was a chump. He also dated women that were darker, that looked opposite of his mother(Puerto Rican) and himself and the way he explained it felt to me like he felt the need to assert his blackness by dating women that looked blacker than him. He dated very few light chicks.

And sorry I'm black sweetie. My mom is black and my dad is blk. I am not mixed. And I will not refer to myself as anything but black.

Last edited by Faith2187; 07-15-2015 at 04:56 PM..

Old 07-15-2015, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
All of those women are biracial that you just listed... I mean duh. They aren't completely black. They all have a white parent.

But there are many blk women that are as light as lisa bonet or Vanessa Williams with 2 black parents. It's ridiculous that the only way a person is authentically black to you is if they resemble someone that is darker with pronounced african features.
Black American people don't need to resemble their West African ancestors to be considered Black. Imagine that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.