Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 11:12 PM

297 posts, read 294,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Abstract:
Ninety Two Percent: Examining the Birth Trends, Family Structure, Economic Standing, Paternal Relationships, and Emotional Stability of Biracial Children with African American Fathers by Tiffany N. Calloway :: SSRN
(Stanford Law School)

This study examines the birth trends, family structure, economic standing, paternal relationships, and emotional stability of biracial children with African American fathers. For study implementation quantitative research methods were used. Questions were asked through a questionnaire that was administered to 1000 women spanning the united States that were equally ranging from 3 different racial groups; Caucasian, Asian, and Hispanic. Participants were recruited through the internet, radio, and news. This study finds that 92% of biracial children with African American fathers are born out of wedlock and 82% end up on government assistance. The results of this study make it very clear that biracial children with African American fathers are fatherless on a scale much larger than the public may realize.
Why are so many biracial children born out of wedlock? These findings are very shocking.

Old 07-12-2015, 11:51 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,025,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyDay2016 View Post
Why are so many biracial children born out of wedlock? These findings are very shocking.
You need to ask the non-black women who give birth to these kids why they didn't marry their black baby daddies.

Old 07-12-2015, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
You need to ask the non-black women who give birth to these kids why they didn't marry their black baby daddies.
That was my ultimate point.

Old 07-12-2015, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IveHadEnough25 View Post
im not sure how credible your source is..but im not surprised. IR dating with black men are usually seasonal flings. They dont typically meet the credentials for long term relationships which has alot to do with finances.

This is coming from a multi generational mulatto, meaning both my parents are blacks of mixed race

I have a half colombian daughter..who doesnt look black at all currently. I tell her not to play with the black boys
But doesn't it take two to tangle?

I am wondering why white, Latina and Asian women are not demanding marriage before having these children.

Old 07-13-2015, 04:21 AM

335 posts, read 325,004 times
The solution is an old one and yet so simple. Wanna stop all these out of wedlock children? Stop the checks....

Old 07-13-2015, 04:49 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,147,805 times
Aside from any socio-economic considerations - even when marriage is part of the deal, you cant always expect a partner to be supportive, whether children are produced or not. Doesnt matter whether it is the male or female partner.

I think we all reach a point in a relationship - historicly called 'the 7 year itch' - where we wake up one morning, and look at our partner sleeping beside us, and think, "What the hell was I thinking?!?!" Many relationships hold strong beyond this point while others dont.

Then we have the proverbial 'mid-life crisis' that is attributed mostly to men, but I think females experience it as well, and maybe even more so, as a man is considered distinguished as he ages, while females tend to be characterized as getting old.

When children are produced, I guess some women look at that as a way to hook the guy - their love interest. Sadly, becoming pregnant wont force anyone to love you or be faithful to you. They may desire you, but that doesnt mean you are 'the one' for them.

Looking at the high rate of divorce in the US, marriage doesnt guarantee happiness, or child support, even in same race relationships. The wealth of the man may not matter, as you read all the time about wealthy men finding ways to skirt their responsibility to help support their children after the 'love affair' is finally over.

Old 07-13-2015, 05:33 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,644,418 times
92% out of 1,000 survey participants?

That's not a comprehensive survey; it's useless, actually.

In a country of 330 million, one thousand is nothing.

Old 07-13-2015, 05:39 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,171,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post

Not really, it's 1000 families with Bi Racial children. There are not that many Bi Racial children in the US.
There are a lot of conclusions you can draw from that study.

Makes me wonder why they don't use Birth Control.

Old 07-13-2015, 05:55 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,703,499 times
Quote:

I always see comments like this whenever a poll is published. I don't think a lot of people understand statistics.

In a population of 330 million, to get a confidence level of about 95% with a plus or minus interval of no more than 3 percentage points from what's reported, you'd need a sample size of about 1,000 respondents.

So, there's no reason to think this finding is inherently inaccurate.

Old 07-13-2015, 06:21 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,152,106 times
Quote:

The number surveyed is not an issue for validity and reliability.

Quote:
Abstract:
Ninety Two Percent: Examining the Birth Trends, Family Structure, Economic Standing, Paternal Relationships, and Emotional Stability of Biracial Children with African American Fathers by Tiffany N. Calloway :: SSRN
(Stanford Law School)

This study examines the birth trends, family structure, economic standing, paternal relationships, and emotional stability of biracial children with African American fathers. For study implementation quantitative research methods were used. Questions were asked through a questionnaire that was administered to 1000 women spanning the united States that were equally ranging from 3 different racial groups; Caucasian, Asian, and Hispanic. Participants were recruited through the internet, radio, and news. This study finds that 92% of biracial children with African American fathers are born out of wedlock and 82% end up on government assistance. The results of this study make it very clear that biracial children with African American fathers are fatherless on a scale much larger than the public may realize.
However, what I bolded above is a problem. Anytime it is not a random sample, especially if subjects are self-selected, the conclusions can not reliably be applied to the general population. As it turns out, when reading the paper, the vast majority of the subjects came from the Internet which leaves out a portion of the population. Not only that, there are other parts of the sample selection that also restrict the reliableness of generalization. This is one of those research papers that are interesting but indicate a need for further, more reliable research.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies