Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree or disagree with Donald Trump on the need to build a wall between Mexico and the U.S.?
I agree that we need to build a wall. 121 79.08%
I disagree that we need to build a wall. 32 20.92%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 05:45 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,435,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
A wall not only keeps them out(false sense of security) but also keeps us in.
There are plenty of ways for Americans to leave -- airplanes, ships, the Canadian Border, or into Mexico through a checkpoint.

Quote:
I see the Mexican's are pretty good at digging.
The East Germans managed to stop people from tunneling out.

And they did it over fifty years ago, without the 3D seismic technology and other advanced technology that we have today.

But, while I support a wall (I think it would be cool), the true "wall" will be making employers use E-Verify.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2015, 06:33 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
There are plenty of ways for Americans to leave -- airplanes, ships, the Canadian Border, or into Mexico through a checkpoint.

The East Germans managed to stop people from tunneling out.

And they did it over fifty years ago, without the 3D seismic technology and other advanced technology that we have today.

But, while I support a wall (I think it would be cool), the true "wall" will be making employers use E-Verify.

I really don't think you want to go East German style, in the land of the free, home of the brave.
Americans don't favor Communism too well.

I'm all for E-Verify..... But, is it just another feel good law, never intended to be enforced????

What is the punishment for violation? A slap on the wrist? Full seizure of all personal and business assets? Jail time in the Federal Penn?

What about the loophole, called subcontracting??
To get around e-verify. Everything here is subcontracted out to foreign companies(illegal aliens). No green card needed. All they need is a legal foreman granted amnesty in the 1986 ACT(the guy that can speak english)and it is all good.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:39 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Worked in Berlin didnt it?
Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Yeah our government would never use it to restrict our travel

Noooooo of course not. Who was it that said that wall we build may end up keeping us in as opposed to keeping others out? I wouldn't put anything past our politicians, and their elitist friends, and if anyone thinks that totalitarianism can't happen here because we're 'Merica, they have their head in the sand, and I have some swamp land in Arizona for sale!

Old 07-14-2015, 06:43 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Current count 62 Yes / 15 No

Keep count. There was another poll on Trump where votes said Yes they agreed with him 3:1. Then the Yes vote dropped and the No votes increased.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I like this but there are other ways to stop the problem. First, stop welfare and birthright citizenship. Second, make e verify the law. Illegal immigration would be less of a problem.

Yep. Cut the damn freebies that make them flock here in the first place, and end the damn failed war on drugs. It's a failure and hypocritical because our government plays both sides of the coin. I would also fine business owners heavily for hiring illegals.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:48 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Yep. Cut the damn freebies that make them flock here in the first place, and end the damn failed war on drugs. It's a failure and hypocritical because our government plays both sides of the coin. I would also fine business owners heavily for hiring illegals.
Hey they bring the drugs and the inner city needs them. Don't step on their business supply.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Hey they bring the drugs and the inner city needs them. Don't step on their business supply.

Don't believe the hype that drugs are more prevelant in major cities than in suburbs or rural areas.

Old 07-14-2015, 07:18 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,726,169 times
doesn't have to be a physical wall...Use the Military, interlocking fields of fire...drones and manned surveillance. Lots of other country's protect their orders this way...Including Mexico. Why can't we.

Old 07-14-2015, 07:45 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The double layered wall approved by congress but never funded was to be along only 700 miles of our southern border in the most porous places. The Border Patrol could take care of the rest. We spend billions on illegal aliens annually. A good physical barrier would be a one time expense. Allowing illegal aliens to crash our border by the millions till eternity would be a lot more costly. The wall would not cost trillions. Where are getting that?
One time expense? Where do you get that? Figure cost to maintain and the cost to hire more border agents. 700 miles would only send them to areas without the fence.

Old 07-14-2015, 07:54 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wudge View Post
Donald Trump said that we have to build a wall between Mexico and the United States.

Quoting Donald Trump:

“People are pouring across our borders, which is horrible,” Trump said. “We have to build a wall. Who would — look, I build some of the greatest buildings in the world. Building a wall for me is easy. And it would be a wall. It would be a real wall. Not a wall that people walk over.”

[Like Trump, I would definitely build a truly secure wall, too. It's absurd that we have let millions and millions of illegal aliens simply cross over from Mexico into the United States without undergoing any background check or doing any vetting on them whatsoever.]
Wall is to be taken a barrier not mortar and bricks. Trump also clarified fencing sections, not he entire border. Our best move is to annex mexico and we'd have a shorter southern border to control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies