Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 01:17 PM

53 posts, read 129,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Why? They are different chemicals, with different effects on the body.
Well, you are correct that alcohol is FAR worse on the human body than MJ.

But yes, if you're for a much worse substance being legal while the far safer substance is illegal, you're being a hypocrite....as well as not too smart.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:22 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
...or my water quality...
Legalized cannabis is destroying water quality?
Quote:
...or my air quality...
Huh?
Quote:
...or my neighborhood free from low life quality...
Ahhh, there it is. You see all cannabis users as "low lifes." You're fighting a "culture war." You have an irrational hatred. Got it.
Quote:
...or my freedom from being run into by your because your stoned quality...
Oh boy, let's not rehash the drunk teen thread again, shall we?
Quote:
...or my tax dollars going to welfare because you're too lazy too work while stoned quality...
Eh heh. Because anyone who uses cannabis, for whatever reason, must be unable to work.
Quote:
...or the lower quality of your being...
What on earth should that mean? What business is it of yours what his being or my being is like? What an astonishing thing to write.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:23 PM

53 posts, read 129,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Ok. Someone claimed marijuana's not addictive and I provided a direct example that it is. I never said withdrawal was as serious as it is from heroin or other hardcore drugs. But it does exist for people who are daily users and cannot bring themselves to stop. Hence the fact that it is addictive.
It is a medical fact that MJ is NOT physically addictive. In some cases it is mildly psychologically addicting, just like in the example you provided.

On the same level as a junk food or soda or caffeine addiction. Should we ban those too?

Old 07-14-2015, 01:27 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
lol...You will see when the Feds come down like a ton of bricks. If there is a Federal law, the states have no say AT ALL. Making MJ illegal is not unconstitutional. The Feds can make anything illegal they wish UNLESS it violates citizen's unalienable rights and MJ isn't one of them.

Show me an Amendment in the Constitution where there is an Amendment for prohibition. Why did they do an end around the process, and didn't do so with alcohol, in which they then went through the process of an Amendment to repeal it? I take it you oppose legalization, given your hardline stance of "the law is the law!" Slavery as well as Jim Crow was the law at one time! It doesn't mean they were just or moral laws. Arresting, incarcerating, or slapping a charge on someone, causing them unneccessary legal problems thus potentially ruining their livelihood over what they choose to ingest is wrong, immoral, and completely counter-productive. Not to mention it only feeds the Prison Industrial Complex. Why is it we on one hand proclaim that we're "the land of the free" yet on the other we have so many bull**** laws, and the highest incarceration rate in the world? Hypocrisy!

Given that a growing majority of people in this country support legalizing cannabis, I hope that the feds try such a d*** move and come down like a ton of bricks! It will further solidify my belief that both parties suck, contain nothing but tyrants on boths sides, do not work in the best interests of we the people and have no interest in staying out of our private lives, and hope people wake up, and vote accordingly!

Old 07-14-2015, 01:28 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Ok. Someone claimed marijuana's not addictive and I provided a direct example that it is. I never said withdrawal was as serious as it is from heroin or other hardcore drugs. But it does exist for people who are daily users and cannot bring themselves to stop. Hence the fact that it is addictive.
But not physically. A great many things can be psychologically addictive -- smartphones, anyone? Checking Facebook or Twitter or Instagram? Or City-Data? World of Warcraft? Accelerating hard on a motorcycle? Morning handjobs? Cashews? Backrubs? Exercise?
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
...users can quit anytime that they want to...
BINGO! It takes wanting to quit. That's all.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
Taxpayers are saying they don't want to fund drug wars against pot.
I have not heard those that are anti-pot present any reasonable fact to support their position.

Indeed. All I've heard is the regurgitated Reefer Madness propaganda being pushed by the anti-pot crowd.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
But not physically. A great many things can be psychologically addictive -- smartphones, anyone? Checking Facebook or Twitter or Instagram? Or City-Data? World of Warcraft? Accelerating hard on a motorcycle? Morning handjobs? Cashews? Backrubs? Exercise?BINGO! It takes wanting to quit. That's all.

Doritos? I didn't see that on your list. Isn't their slogan "nobody can eat just one?"

Old 07-14-2015, 01:38 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Your post comes across of Paranoia.
That IS a side effect of smoking weed ya know.
I didn't see any evidence of paranoia in that post.

Besides, pot does not create paranoia. Doing something that is against the law creates paranoia. That can range from illegally parking in a handicapped spot to committing murder.

The plant itself does not produce paranoid feelings in people.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Thats fine... except
your pot freedom stops where my face starts,,, or my water quality.. or my air quality... or my neighborhood free from low life quality... or my freedom from being run into by your because your stoned quality.. or my tax dollars going to welfare because your too lazy too work while stoned quality.. or working while stoned making poor quality

or the lower quality of your being

Fix all those qualities with quality.. maybe you can have your drugs
You want to bring back Prohibition?

WOW

Just replace the word 'stoned' in your post with the word 'drunk'.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
the actual perversion of the legal system is being done by the states that are legalizing it. It is still ILLEGAL and it is ILLEGAL for them to legalize it. Think about that for a minute. Anytime the Feds want it gone it will be and those shops in those states will be shutdown in an instant.
Oh, my! Dear, dear, dear.

Whatever happened to STATES RIGHTS, that some posters get so emotional about?

Oh, I forgot. State's rights only apply when you don't like what the FEDERAL government is doing...silly me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies