Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 09:25 PM

9,512 posts, read 9,033,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
If the CIA and Delta could find and take out Pablo Escobar we can find "El Chapo" too.
Hypothetically, if true, those alleged activities took place in a country that wanted us in there. That country was interested in getting rid of drug lords. Mexico on the other hand does not want the U.S to openly wander in their borders taking out drug Lords.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2015, 05:35 AM

56,989 posts, read 35,116,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Hypothetically, if true, those alleged activities took place in a country that wanted us in there. That country was interested in getting rid of drug lords. Mexico on the other hand does not want the U.S to openly wander in their borders taking out drug Lords.
And we shouldn't do it even if they did ask us.

They need to learn to take out their own criminals. I sure as hell wouldn't want the law enforcement agencies of some other nation traipsing around this country.

Old 07-15-2015, 07:27 AM

9,639 posts, read 5,997,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That's not our problem.
You're not comprehending.

I'll bold it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Because he's wanted in the US too.

and Mexico apparently can't keep the drug kingpins in jail once they finally catch them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
You are wrong on both counts, ask Carlos Lehder. Conspiring to commit crimes in the U.S. is most definitely within the jurisdiction of the United States, and if one has committed such acts and is extradited to the U.S. they most definitely can be prosecuted in federal court.

Why his he our problem... because he conspires to import narcotics into this country and unlike Mexico we can keep him behind bars.

^^

Common sense is truly a myth these days...

Old 07-15-2015, 02:24 PM

34,274 posts, read 19,312,630 times
Quote:
Our laws? He's a Mexican national that has never set foot in the United States. Our laws are none of his concern.
Sooo...if I shoot some guy in a foreign country...from over the border. I have committed no crime according to you?

What utter nonsense. You're trying to play games with words, and its nonsense.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Sooo...if I shoot some guy in a foreign country...from over the border. I have committed no crime according to you?

What utter nonsense. You're trying to play games with words, and its nonsense.
Who did he shoot In this country from over the border?

He moved dope and people that want dope bought it.

He's filling a market niche. Hardly a crime against humanity.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Who did he shoot In this country?
Fine....

If I poison some guy in another country.

As usual you're trying to ignore the reality and wordsmith into some alternate reality.

You do not have to be physically e in another country in order to commit a crime in that country. True story.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Fine....

If I poison some guy in another country.

As usual you're trying to ignore the reality and wordsmith into some alternate reality.

You do not have to be physically e in another country in order to commit a crime in that country. True story.
Who did he poison and who was the unwilling poisonee?

Tell me.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Who did he poison and who was the unwilling poisonee?

Tell me.
Wow. Way to avoid the topic. He is guilty of breaking our laws.

He has provided meth to people who did not intend to die
They have died.

Pretty sure they were unwilling to die.

Old 07-15-2015, 05:03 PM

37,937 posts, read 17,805,641 times
Quote:
Wow. Way to avoid the topic. He is guilty of breaking our laws.

He has provided meth to people who did not intend to die
They have died.

Pretty sure they were unwilling to die.
It's a shame but I'd bet quite a few people who take meth don't care too much about their life. They knew the risks.

Old 07-15-2015, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
They knew the risks. I'd bet quite a few people who take meth dont care too much about their life.
And the addiction of the drug caused this.

But the bottom line still becomes-he has broken our laws. You can disagree with the law, but its the gosh darned law.

If you break it you know the possible consequences.

Hey, pot is legal in Oregon, and colorado!

Uhmm....no its not. Its legal on the local and state level, NOT the federal. Go ahead and use it, you know the risks. (virtually 0).

This guy broke our laws, he knew the risks.

You folks can try and moan about how he didnt break any laws, or force anyone to do anything. The reality is-he broke laws. He distributed a incredibly addictive drug. If he'd stuck with something like pot or ecstacy I'd probably go along with you folks. But Meth is vastly different, and causes damage to our society beyond the users that take it. Its illegal for a VERY good reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies