Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 09:31 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Nothing. Nothing is next. It's over and done. Individuals can deal with the details now, LIKE WE ALL DO, but it's no longer a political issue I care about. When I see those 4 letters, or 6 or 13 depending on how ridiculous you want to go, I move on and don't bother reading anymore. It's actually quite freeing!!! Did you all know there's stuff going on in Greece? I do now
It is not over and done. If you really believe that, you are going to be in for a surprise when you discover it is as done in much the same way as the abortion issue was done after Roe v Wade was decided in almost exactly this same anti-democratic manner.

Old 07-14-2015, 09:33 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,386,383 times
Churches are public enemy #1 to them, I am pretty sure of it.

I don't know how exactly they will do it, but they will see to it that they decimate Christianity in America (that ball is already rolling...).

BTW recently I've been wondering what happened to the Moral Majority?

America hasn't been the same since Jerry Fallwell was around. It's a pity because he never would have put up with the freakshow/zoo that this country has become.

Old 07-14-2015, 09:35 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,251,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Gays and Nambla members marched together for rights.
Including Josh Duggar!

Old 07-14-2015, 09:36 PM

31,907 posts, read 26,961,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Nothing. Nothing is next. It's over and done. Individuals can deal with the details now, LIKE WE ALL DO, but it's no longer a political issue I care about. When I see those 4 letters, or 6 or 13 depending on how ridiculous you want to go, I move on and don't bother reading anymore. It's actually quite freeing!!! Did you all know there's stuff going on in Greece? I do now
No, am sorry to say it is *not* over, not by a long shot.

The New York Times and other media outlets reported barely several days after the SCOTUS decision regarding SSM gays, lesbians et al were moving onto the next big things; employment and housing for a start.

A large number of states do not offer anti-discrimination protection to gays in terms of housing and employment; that is they are not a protected class like race, gender, and so forth. Gays do not receive that treatment from the federal government either leaving aside the carve outs by Obama via executive action or administratively. Long story short a gay man can get married on Saturday and be fired from his job on Monday and again in many states he has no legal recourse.

Old 07-14-2015, 09:37 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post

I don't know how exactly they will do it, but they will see to it that they decimate Christianity in America.
They will probably try. In all likelihood, that would turn out to be the best thing that has happened to Christianity in America in over half a century.

Old 07-14-2015, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
And Christians marched with the KKK and a Christian took aim at Dr. Tiller.

Based on your logic, Christians are violent, racists murderers, right?

A handful of gays probably did march for NAMBLA. A handful of Christians probably did too. And redheads. And former race car drivers. Your point?
And don't forget Josh Durrar!

Old 07-14-2015, 09:43 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,386,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
that would turn out to be the best thing that has happened to Christianity in America in over half a century.
How so?

Old 07-14-2015, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Gay men like young teen boys factual..
Not me, I like big macho hairy men!

Old 07-14-2015, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
It is not over and done. If you really believe that, you are going to be in for a surprise when you discover it is as done in much the same way as the abortion issue was done after Roe v Wade was decided in almost exactly this same anti-democratic manner.
Oh, do you need a hug? How about a Yankee Dime? I bet this last month has been just awful for you!

Old 07-14-2015, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post

I don't know how exactly they will do it, but they will see to it that they decimate Christianity in America (that ball is already rolling...).

BTW recently I've been wondering what happened to the Moral Majority?

America hasn't been the same since Jerry Fallwell was around. It's a pity because he never would have put up with the freakshow/zoo that this country has become.
Hey you're close enough to move to Canada, go for it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies