Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2015, 05:31 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
What makes it a terrible agreement, did you read it and can you offer some details as to why it's terrible???
It hasn't been published yet, so nobody has read it.

I've seen reports that the inspection agreement expires in 10 years. Meanwhile, Iran will rebuild its economy, continue to fund terror, place obstacles in the way of inspections, imo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2015, 05:40 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
It's interesting the hatred the left has for Israel. I don't quite understand it, unless it's embarrassing for them how Israel took a piece of land no one wanted and had seen nothing but poverty and turned it into a showplace of efficiency, culture and art AND wealth. I guess their intelligence and their whiteness is just too much to bear?
Israel has been the greatest beneficiary of US aid, since its inception and it currently receives about one- third of US foreign aid, despite having one of the world's highest per capita incomes and a relatively tiny population. Since the mid 80's such assistance has been limited to military aid and the U.S. pick up the tab for about 25% of Israel's Defense budget. Unlike other countries, Israel is not required to buy all military equipment from the U.S.

Income taxes in Israel range 10-50% on world- wide income. Capital Gains are taxed at 25-32%. VATis 18%.
Both Employee and Employer pay Social Security tax , 3.5-12%.

Israel has Universial Healthcare and has been consistently ranked as one of the most efficient in the world. University education is highly subsidized and tuition is set by Government. How much more might Israli people have to pay in taxes to meet their Defense budget and continue to provide healthcare and university education, if the U.S. were not picking up 25% of their Defense budget?

I welcome all 8 million Israli citizens to relocate to the U.S. and be done with the perpetual handout.

Old 07-14-2015, 05:41 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post

I've seen reports that the inspection agreement expires in 10 years. Meanwhile, Iran will rebuild its economy, continue to fund terror, place obstacles in the way of inspections, imo.
Maybe..............Maybe Not. The people who have been negotiating this deal since 2006 would probably have a better grasp of the possibilities than we do.
Remember, there were other nations in these negotiations. There were some serious heavyweights involved in the process.
It wasn't just the hated villains and devil spawn, Kerry and Obama.

The Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (Persian: برنامه جامع اقدام مشترک‎), is an agreement signed in Vienna on 14 July 2015 between Iran and the P5+1 (the five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council—United States, Russia, China, France, United Kingdom—plus Germany and the European Union).

Old 07-14-2015, 05:42 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post

There has been some information made available but how does someone make a judgment on a document that has not been made available.

Old 07-14-2015, 05:48 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Israel has been the greatest beneficiary of US aid, since its inception and it currently receives about one- third of US foreign aid, despite having one of the world's highest per capita incomes and a relatively tiny population. Since the mid 80's such assistance has been limited to military aid and the U.S. pick up the tab for about 25% of Israel's Defense budget. Unlike other countries, Israel is not required to buy all military equipment from the U.S.

Income taxes in Israel range 10-50% on world- wide income. Capital Gains are taxed at 25-32%. VATis 18%.
Both Employee and Employer pay Social Security tax , 3.5-12%.

Israel has Universial Healthcare and has been consistently ranked as one of the most efficient in the world. University education is highly subsidized and tuition is set by Government. How much more might Israli people have to pay in taxes to meet their Defense budget and continue to provide healthcare and university education, if the U.S. were not picking up 25% of their Defense budget?

I welcome all 8 million Israli citizens to relocate to the U.S. and be done with the perpetual handout.
/ endthread

Old 07-14-2015, 05:54 PM

50,765 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Unless Bibi has been elected to office in the United States, I could care less what he thinks.

Old 07-14-2015, 05:55 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
This is a terrible agreement. We should not even be talking to Iran. I pray Congress votes this down. It is not just Israel that would be in danger, it is the whole world, USA included. I'm shocked that BO and Kerry would do this, but then I guess I shouldn't be. Both are totally unknowledgeable (I'm being nice here) about almost anything they do from their offices. Kerry IMHO is a traitor to America after his testimony when he returned from the Vietnam War, his words about his fellow soldiers and his throwing his military medals over the fence. BO is just dumb about everything he does and ends up being very dangerous to American security. Wow!
Just curious. How the heck would you know if this was a terrible agreement?

Old 07-14-2015, 05:56 PM

50,765 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
He's been fear mongering since I was in diapers.

Disagreeing with his propaganda or being critical of Israel does not make somebody an anti-semite.

If that's the case, anybody here who criticises Obama is anti-American... which would be 3/4 of this board.
Excellent.

Most Americans no longer feel we should be Israel's lap dog. An ally, yes. A lap dog, no.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:01 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm31828 View Post
Yep, screw him- we are working with other world leaders on this deal to try to come to a compromise that works for everyone. Israel is mad because it's not as harsh as THEY want. Well screw THEM- this is not just about Israel. And this is a good deal- certainly better than the alternative which includes a hell of a messy war, which I'm sure Israel wants the US to fight for them.

A war with Iran have nuclear capability would not be messy at all.

We gave away the hens to the wolf this time and surely negotiations will be easier once that capability is reached, no?

"Death to America" and "Death to Israel" were only said in Iran regularly for fun right?

Old 07-14-2015, 06:03 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
Israel should voluntarily surrender their nuclear weapons and dismantle their bomb making capabilities. Until they do, who cares what they have to say about any other countries nuclear ambitions.
No they shouldn't. Why should they? They are not the threat that Iran is. Iran is dangerous, and this "deal" is just plain stupid! Obama is an ass. The Iranians won everything in this. They are laughing at us.

Obama is a fool!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies