Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 01:02 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Reread the deal. It doesn't prevent, merely delays. Sort of like Bill Clinton's deal with North Korea to prevent them from becoming a nuclear power. We saw how well that worked.

The deal Bill Clinton struck is not this deal.

Either you'll acknowledge the huge differences or you'll pretend that they are the same.

The rest of your post was semantics.

Right now Iran is supposedly working towards a nuclear weapon. We want this to stop.

Here is a deal that stops it for 15years. It takes nearly their whole nuclear stuff away from them.

And you are against it because it's not a forever ever deal?

But that still doesn't explain how taking nearly all of Irans nuclear program, away from it, having inspections, etc isn't far far superior over the status quo if Iran working on a nuclear weapon with us having nothing in place to stop it.

How does this deal ensure they get a nuclear weapon? I'm trying to see your point. It just doesn't make sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2015, 01:04 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Hmmmm,well hopefully we shall soon see.
Mircea's statements are based on physical realities. Isreal doesn't have the power projection capabilities for this. They are working on resolving that however.

That doesn't mean they cant come up with alternatives though. Dropping a nuke out of a modified 747 for example. I'm sure the regular assassinations of scientists will continue. The other side of that is it doesnt exactly endear Iran to them.

As for the demands for us to get involved....no. We're not Isreali mercenaries. We should not be expected to put our blood and treasure up for everyone else. Heck, we're worse off then mercenaries....we're not even getting paid.

And no, its not anti-semite to tell Israel to put their big boy pants on, and deal with their own problems.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:05 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsami View Post
do you live in Colorado? if so hand over the Medical Marijuana.

ISIS taking over Iran? They have not yet been able to take over Syria despite all the help from Saudies, Qataries, Kuwaities, and yes the CIA.
Did you hear of ISIS six years ago? Did we prepare Iraq for their invasion? How close are they to Bagdad currently?

Yes; I like to think of myself as part hillbilly - but I don't drink or do drugs. Sometimes I think our Government might be into your medical Marijuana.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:10 PM

847 posts, read 766,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Right now Iran is supposedly working towards a nuclear weapon. We want this to stop.
Not True According to Any all U.S Intelligence reports since 2007.
There has been no nuclear weapon program.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:13 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
So instead of a quick death by beheading it'll be a slow death, either way results in a nuclear power Iran, a nation that vows to destroy Israel and USA.
Are largest adversaries already have nuclear weapons and you're more worried about Iran? For every nuclear bomb they 'drop' on us, we could drop 100. As long as we make clear that that is exactly what would happen, then there is no problem - we probably don't have to explicit state it.

[after all, the existences of our nukes is not a secret]

Old 07-14-2015, 01:14 PM

17,619 posts, read 17,665,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsami View Post
Not True According to Any all U.S Intelligence reports since 2007.
There has been no nuclear weapon program.
Same US Intelligence GW Bush relied upon who said Iraq had stockpiles of WMD.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:17 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
Let's publicly execute liberals like they do it in Iran !
Or you could move to Iran, sounds like a place you'd enjoy immensely, none of that pesky democracy and rule of law that seems to trouble you so much.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:21 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,282 times
Quote:
Wow antisemitism!

So you Israel/jew-haters think this is good news?
Disagreeing with someone who is also Jewish doesn't make you anti-Semitic. Not letting Israel do whatever they want isn't anti-Semitic. Netanyahu has obvious reasons to be biased in this situation, so his opinion is frankly less relevant. Outside parties do have a lot more relevance here. The US wouldn't have been my first pick of a nation to deal with this, but whatever. It is what it is.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:29 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,155 times
Well, considering Bibi's very long record of predicting Iran's "imminent" possession of a nuke (ever read the boy that cried wolf?) then I'd say if he says it's bad then it must be good.

Last edited by biggunsmallbrains; 07-14-2015 at 01:42 PM..

Old 07-14-2015, 01:46 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,475,582 times
Quote:
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Tuesday slammed the landmark nuclear accord hammered out between the world powers and Iran as a "historic mistake" and hinted that he remained "committed" to order military action against Tehran's nuclear ambitions.

Iran nuclear deal a 'bad mistake' for the world: Israel PM Netanyahu | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

How soon do you think they will bomb Iran?
Bombing Nuttyahoo and his Zionist scum would end all Middle East problems in a day. We've been on the wrong side of the war in the middle east since 1967.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies