Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2015, 06:29 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So how many gun owners are there in this country?
Who knows, there are only estimates out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2015, 06:31 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Who knows, there are only estimates out there.
Well, I imagine it is more than 12 million, therefore it is a safe guess that those getting a CCW are actually people who already own guns rather than a first time gun owner.

Old 07-15-2015, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
40% is still a minority, and only 24% of Americans (personally) owns a gun.
It's always been approx 40 - 45 %, so there are just as many gun owners as ever.

Old 07-15-2015, 06:38 PM

Quote:
And yet white males still get robbed, so much for that.
You're right, we need to encourage more CCWs. There are only 12 million of them.

Old 07-15-2015, 06:43 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
You're right, we need to encourage more CCWs. There are only 12 million of them.
Why? That should be a personal choice for people who know how to properly handle a gun and know how to keep a gun secure in their possession....I have no interest encouraging any idiot that buys a gun to carry it around on them at all times.

Old 07-15-2015, 06:44 PM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
40% is less than half, but still over a hundred million homes.

Like I said, gun ownership has become socially acceptable. I live in one of the bluest areas of the nation and the amount of people that are interested in learning about firearms and eventual ownership is staggering. Every person I talk to that doesn't own a gun wants me to take them to the range.
"Like I said, gun ownership has become socially acceptable"

"HAS BECOME"?

Gun ownership has been socially acceptable since before there WAS an America.

Old 07-15-2015, 06:45 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Why? That should be a personal choice for people who know how to properly handle a gun and know how to keep a gun secure in their possession....I have no interest encouraging any idiot that buys a gun to carry it around on them at all times.
I'm sure you encourage idiots to vote though.

And yes, more people have been killed by elected governments than privately held arms.

Old 07-15-2015, 06:47 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Like I said, gun ownership has become socially acceptable"

"HAS BECOME"?

Gun ownership has been socially acceptable from before the Revolutionary War.
Not really, historically gun approval is higher now than in the last 60-70 years. The democrats even tried to ban handguns as part of the nfa in the 30's. Concealed carry permits were non existent in the 80's. Guns have become much more mainstream than in the past.

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I'm sure you encourage idiots to vote though.

And yes, more people have been killed by elected governments than privately held arms.
There is a comment here I am dying to make, but I am not ready to get banned yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
They are guns the American majority who don't own guns disapprove of, they are guns knowledgeable gun owners disapprove of, and most importantly they are the guns that mass murderers use when they kill large numbers of people in schools and movie theaters (most mass murders in America are done with assault weapons.)

And any person knowledgeable about guns knows assault weapons are not needed by regular Americans. If you want to kill a bird you use a shotgun, if you want to kill a small animal you use a small caliber rifle, if you want to kill a deer you use a high powered rifle, and if you want to kill large numbers of human beings at both close and far ranges you use a assault weapon.

And for home defense assault weapons large caliber bullets will travel through walls and go great distances (they are not safe for home defense.) Instead a shotgun or pistol is better for home defense.

90% of the NRA’s political donations go to republicans (the NRA is 90% republican.)
MSNBC guest says 'Democrats 'are in the pocket of the NRA' | PunditFact

Over 50% of the American population are gun grabbers. And any rational political group in a voting country who only has 24% of the vote would try to negotiate with a 76% majority instead of saying "F. you we call all the shots."

The republican gun owning minority has no knowledge of firearms, statistics, voting, and cultural events that decrease gun ownership year after year. But the sad thing is today we can all walk into a store and buy a shotgun and a box of shells, but with republican stupidity we may one day end up like Europe (and unable to purchase guns and ammo.)
Assault weapons are fully automatic. The civilian versions here shoot at no faster rate of fire than any semi auto hunting rifle.
I use my AR for hog hunting and rifle competitions. The .223 round is great for both.
It would be a good home defense firearm for a natural disaster situation. We have hurricanes here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies