Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 05:52 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,282,979 times

Advertisements

Can someone post the evidence where whites with a 720 FICA score got a better rate than blacks with a 720 FICA score?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2015, 06:45 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,771,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Talk about the whiny victim mentality.

Someone didn't read the account.

And I can assure you that where the DOJ is concerned, whites are never victims.

Old 07-15-2015, 08:39 PM

998 posts, read 663,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Can someone post the evidence where whites with a 720 FICA score got a better rate than blacks with a 720 FICA score?
I think you'll find it right alongside the "Hands up, don't shoot!" evidence. In other words... doesn't exist! It's a very sad state of affairs when successful businesses which employ thousands of hard working Americans like Honda are forced to make pay outs by these DOJ racist shake downs. They knew it wasn't even worth fighting so just agreed to pay in order for Obama and his cronies to go away.

If I was black, I would be offended that this administration thinks I'm too stupid to even by a car on my own. I actually bought one a few weeks ago, and shopped around by phone and online with at least a dozen dealerships until I found the terms I liked. Buying a car is a buyer's market... if you don't like the terms, there are many other dealers who will gladly step up to get your business. And I'm certain they all want black people's money just as much as white people's.

Old 07-15-2015, 09:06 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,849,164 times
Get your loan online. Unless ya named Dewayne, Lateesha, etc they probably won't even know ya black.

Old 07-15-2015, 09:29 PM

78,013 posts, read 60,221,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Again, the rates didnt start off the same. So if you both talked them down 4%, at the high end, you would still be paying 2.25% more.

If the 2 people had started out on an even footing, you would have a point, but they didnt and that is how they broke the law. As you plainly put it, it isnt that complicated.

No its not like purchase price because purchase price starts off at the same, the interest rates didnt.

Of course not. Thats why there are millions of people who have signed up for Verizon Edge and ATT Next, BUT that isnt what we are talking about here.

The interest rate did not start out at the same amount for each customer, it was different from the beginning.
Not really, interest rates start off the same for a given credit score plus a profit margin.

Savvy buyers that negotiate or have credit union or bank financing get a better rate.

Others that don't get a worse rate.

Apparently you feel that despite historic racism that has resulted in lower education levels in blacks along with poverty and other social ills that somehow they would (after this abuse) be just as educated of consumers as everyone else. Oh....and their lack of education etc. when they negotiate worse car deals is racism THEN and not what happened earlier in their lives.

Your post is one of the biggest, steaming heaps of passing the buck I've ever read. You cannot F9cking oppress a people, give them sh(tty finances, sh*tty schools etc. and then wayyyyy later blame everybody else.

Seriously. WtF.

Maybe when you get older you will recognize the root cause.

Old 07-15-2015, 09:42 PM

78,013 posts, read 60,221,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

Someone didn't read the account.

And I can assure you that where the DOJ is concerned, whites are never victims.
It's not the DOJ.....now you just look like a partisan idiot.

Old 07-16-2015, 09:24 AM

13,562 posts, read 10,316,598 times
The pettiness, churlishness and invective coming from posters slamming this decision is pretty telling, with the usual "blame the victim" screeds. It's always open season to belittle African Americans it seems with this group. By disrespecting others, such speakers disrespect themselves and show themselves for the persons they are.

Consumer protection and regulations to help and foster transparency in lending for ALL should be a good thing to promote.

Lest one thinks the Honda settlement is an isolated decision, Ally Financial and Toyota (the GM and Toyota vehicle financing arms) have also been hit with actions on discriminatory lending.

U.S. accuses Toyota of discriminatory auto lending

Old 07-16-2015, 12:14 PM

13,899 posts, read 6,424,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
The pettiness, churlishness and invective coming from posters slamming this decision is pretty telling, with the usual "blame the victim" screeds. It's always open season to belittle African Americans it seems with this group. By disrespecting others, such speakers disrespect themselves and show themselves for the persons they are.

Consumer protection and regulations to help and foster transparency in lending for ALL should be a good thing to promote.

Lest one thinks the Honda settlement is an isolated decision, Ally Financial and Toyota (the GM and Toyota vehicle financing arms) have also been hit with actions on discriminatory lending.

U.S. accuses Toyota of discriminatory auto lending
I'm white and I didn't get the lowest interest rate on my new Toyota I bought. I'm suing for discrimination!

Old 07-16-2015, 01:12 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,843,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
I'm white and I didn't get the lowest interest rate on my new Toyota I bought. I'm suing for discrimination!
If you weren't white the government would sue for you saving you the legal fees and leg work just like this case, and the defendant will settle knowing that a government judge will award you a verdict if it goes to trial. All the money and lawyers in the world can hardly win a white person a settlement or verdict even with a slam dunk discrimination case. When will whites be equal?

Old 07-16-2015, 01:21 PM

13,562 posts, read 10,316,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Thank you very much for helping to prove my point. Have a nice day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies