Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 06:09 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Feeling a little homophobic?
The word homophobic is a buzz word used by gays to tell those that oppose homosexuality when they believe the homosexual sex act is wrong. Gays try to turn the tables saying there is something wrong with the person who believes homosexuality is an abominable act between two same sex partners.

Those who believe homosexuality is an abomination have every right to believe it is wrong and the gays label them as phobic.. In their own words they are heterophobic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2015, 06:11 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
What's with the obsession with other people's sex life?

Old 07-15-2015, 06:53 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
This stool has one leg and we all know where it`s located.

I can make my own decisions, either through my elected representatives or direct action.

I don`t need a king.
Based on your comment, I don't think you know how our government functions....I also think you might have never heard the three leg stool reference to our government structure either....

Old 07-15-2015, 07:29 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Based on your comment, I don't think you know how our government functions....I also think you might have never heard the three leg stool reference to our government structure either....
Fact is 5 justices in the supreme court defined marriage which was defined for centuries. One man and one woman.. this is the court defining on the word love which is also redefined. There are different levels of love. That love that the homosexuals feel is eros , it is sexual because a man can love a man with brotherly love not eros , sexual . Homosexuals differ from the norm when they feel eros love with same sex partners.

Old 07-15-2015, 08:05 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
i think the design of the supreme court is a fine one, and should be left well enough alone. remember one court is not beholden to the ruling of a previous court, if a similar case is brought before them. for instance lets say we had a more conservative court 10 years from now, and the court faced another roe v wade type of case. that court would have the power to overturn, in essence, the original roe v wade ruling if they chose to.

chances of that happening though are slim at best.

Old 07-15-2015, 08:12 AM

1,291 posts, read 1,523,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Fact is 5 justices in the supreme court defined marriage which was defined for centuries. One man and one woman.. this is the court defining on the word love which is also redefined. There are different levels of love. That love that the homosexuals feel is eros , it is sexual because a man can love a man with brotherly love not eros , sexual . Homosexuals differ from the norm when they feel eros love with same sex partners.
Why do people with this argument completely gloss over the practice of the 14th amendment? This nation isn't set up to only allow the "norm" to have privileges - every human has equal privileges that cannot be withheld by government - even if a constitutional amendment by a state is enacted. "No state shall make or enforce" ...

Also, those 5 judges cited so much case law that details that the US constitution and its government is to be thought to provide autonomy of its people. Government enacting arbitrary laws to deny citizens rights that others have access to has long been stricken down since the inception of the Bill of Rights.

Old 07-15-2015, 05:34 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Actually I wouldn't mind seeing a increase. But there is a good way and a bad way to do it, My suggestion:

The next 8 presidents get to add one supreme court justice.

Old 07-15-2015, 06:33 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,172,128 times
Let the people vote on justices. They get one 10 year term.

Old 07-15-2015, 06:37 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,324,132 times
I really despise at least two of the Justices on the current court and have a strong dislike of two others but I despise the idea of either eliminating the Supreme Court or jacking around with its size, powers or how it is constituted. For 212 years we have lived through really bad and exceptionally good decisions by the Court overall I think the Supreme Court has severed he nation well.

Old 07-15-2015, 08:53 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,292,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
The Supreme court is a dino as the entire concept of judges dating back to their incompetence and spin way back in Sodom proves. These spin doctors of humanism, opinion, biblical absenteeism, philosphically influenced, nonesense, who represent you and me is farce. If this insanity is to continue lets kick it up a knotch and include Glenn Beck, Mike Huckabee, William Fortchen, Ron Paul and Jonathan Cahn as advisors or on the panel . These present judges have run the course and its time to thank them for public service in fairness ....but they know not what they do close the door behind you sheesh!
The guys you mentioned aren't even Attorneys. Don't you think being a lawyer is a prerequisite to be a judge?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies