Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 02:17 PM

755 posts, read 674,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Education is the key to our success and continuing success. Great way to bring education to the inner city. There are thousands/millions of kids that have never touched a computer.
With education the phrase. "How will they know where to go if they don't know the way"
pretty well sums it up. Lot's smarter to get them education than send them to prison. They deserve it anyway. They are Americans also.

Brainwashed Republicans have no concept, especially the poor ones
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2015, 02:18 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
That's what the gated community and the tinted windows in the 2016 Escalade are for.

To block them out.
oh trust me, I know. I lived in the carolinas a few years back. nothing funnier than liberal northerners moving south to avoid paying high taxes in their home states. they claim it's for the "warm weather." but then they get down there, and think they're doing the state by not paying income tax, and producing service industry jobs that pay $2 an hour. and yes they build those walls around their country clubs so they don't have to see the locals.

Old 07-18-2015, 02:19 PM

755 posts, read 674,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I don't know how to help you if you think free internet service is providing eduction for children.

The only things one deserves is spelled out in the constitution and bill of rights.

I am sure you don't.......you are a Republican. I rest my case!

Old 07-18-2015, 02:20 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,114,186 times
I think a better action would be for the government to partially fund upgrading the fiber optics network in this country. Gigabit speeds are the next step in evolution of the internet.

Old 07-18-2015, 02:21 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac1 View Post
Yea...now kids can complete their homework and do better in school... How dare that heartless liberal
We are not allowed to give homework that requires anything students may not have at home.
Any projects requiring internet access are completely done at school.

Stop being the lemming here and think about what you're stating for a moment.

Old 07-18-2015, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I don't know how to help you if you think free internet service is providing eduction for children.

The only things one deserves is spelled out in the constitution and bill of rights.
Pretty much the sum total of man's knowledge is on the internet, there are resources in every language for education. The Khan academy, which is online, is a great tool to teach.

Old 07-18-2015, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
We are not allowed to give homework that requires anything students may not have at home.
Any projects requiring internet access are completely done at school.

Stop being the lemming here and think about what you're stating for a moment.
Hogwash.

Education is changing in the near future, when you have any bit of knowledge of at your finger tips, it requires one to re-examine how we view education.

Old 07-18-2015, 02:24 PM

it's like the health care thing. programs like this are designed to lift poor people up, and kick the middle class down. if you vote for democrats, that's basically what you're supporting. I wish republicans had a better platform at the moment, but they hate the middle class just as much.

Old 07-18-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
it's like the health care thing. programs like this are designed to lift poor people up, and kick the middle class down. if you vote for democrats, that's basically what you're supporting. I wish republicans had a better platform at the moment, but they hate the middle class just as much.
It only kicks the middle class down because our tax system favors the rich and the poor. Plus, the middle class got itself in debt with housing and material things. We need a better tax system, but the middle class has spending problems.

Old 07-18-2015, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
It only kicks the middle class down because our tax system favors the rich and the poor. Plus, the middle class got itself in debt with housing and material things. We need a better tax system, but the middle class has spending problems.
I 100% agree with that. I place some blame on the banks for the mortgage meltdown, but I put a lot of blame on the person making $10 an hour to got approved for a $250k loan and took it. they're not victims, they're idiots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies