Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 12:29 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,390 times

Advertisements

OK

With the arms agreement in the process of approval, Israel becomes reviled by most nations outside the mideast. They're already the most hated nation in the region.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 12:50 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,726,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
OK

With the arms agreement in the process of approval, Israel becomes reviled by most nations outside the mideast. They're already the most hated nation in the region.
Then what? You think someone's going to goosestep their way into Israel? They don't care if no one likes them. I think they like not to be liked. Then can say the rest of the us are just a bunch of Jew hating Nazis.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:17 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
It looks like it is more likely now than ever that Israel will bomb Iranian nuclear facilities. Unless they can get their favorite political puppets here in the U.S. to screw things up.
Political puppets? Isn't that a little pejorative when dealing with an ally? Especially when you have a President and Secretary of State who want to make a deal at any price? This President values incarcerated drug dealers over U.S. allies of long standing. In the last month or so he has caved to Iran, caved to Cuba and started releasing drug criminals. He is bent on dismantling what makes this country great. It's not only "political puppets" of Israel that want to bring this rolling train wreck to a stop.

Quote:
The agreement with Iran isn't a done deal yet.
Thank G-d.

Quote:
There is little doubt in my mind because Israel is not going to live with the possibility that down the road Iran gets the bomb with Israel knowing its all over for her.
Now you seem to get it.

Quote:
So this is a serious topic that deserves discussion because the repercussions of an Israeli bombing would be great. Of course Iran would declare war on Israel making it official. In my view it would set off a much bigger war than between Israel and Iran. We in the U.S. would be involved in some way because we are so deeply involved in the middle east right now that it couldn't be avoided. Any opinions on what some of the repercussions of Israel bombing Iran would be.
Someone should have thought of this before embarking on a course of appeasement of Iran. Israel is a not insignificant regional power and will not just sit there while its ability to restrain non-state actors allied with Iran is eviscerated.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
OK

Would Israel rather be dead and loved and alive and cursed?

Old 07-21-2015, 12:18 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
What I'm hearing is, "I have no military experience and I'm totally clueless about military operations and logistics."

Fear not, I do.

How does getting "the bomb" mean it's all over for Israel?

This is a joke topic that I have destroyed time and time again.

Those of us with the education, training and experience know that no Israeli combat aircraft have the combat radius to strike targets in Iran.

If you don't understand the difference between combat radius and range, then you need to learn.

And we know that Israel would need at the bare minimum, at least 14 aircraft per target. Some targets would require 20 aircraft. While planning your operation, the issue of fuel is going to come up. You will have refuel aircraft in-flight and then also refuel aircraft as the come out-bound from Iran.

How many aerial tankers does Israel have? 5 to 8 (depending on the source). Assuming for a moment that Israel really does have 8 tankers, and that all 8 tankers have an operational readiness of 100%, that means Israel could refuel 48 aircraft.

Oooops.

And then what about out-bound? Those aerial tankers will never be able to fly from the Persian Gulf back to Israel, refuel, reload with fuel, then take off and return to the Persian Gulf in time to re-fuel aircraft coming out.

By the way, what are you using for Psub(k)?

I generally bracket 0.41 to 0.55 for PGMs.

You do know what I'm talking about right?

When I was in S-3 Air Ops planning operations with the naval liaison and the FAC, we don't just guess at how many aircraft we need. It's not like Dungeons & Dragons were we roll two 8-sided die and a 10-sided die.

We have very precise mathematical formulas that we use. Even if I'm calling up air cav to strike ground targets, I still have to calculate the number of sorties so I can inform the commander how many air cav platoons he'll need to have ready. PGMs are "Precision-Guided Munitions." Yeah, and even though they're laser-guided or GPS guided, they still have a fail rate and they only hit their target 41% to 55% of the time.

An F-16 can carry 2 2,000 lb bombs and 2 AGM-158s. Suppose I need 4 AGMs and 4 2,000 lb bombs to destroy the target. That means I actually need four F-16s each loaded with 2 AGM-158s and 2 2,000 lb pounds to ensure that target is destroyed. For troops in the open an other crap, I can play fast and loose, but for point targets there isn't a lot of leeway.

Your n and Psub(d), will be difficult here too. 'n' is the number of missile shots from air or ground-based defenses.

You do understand that unlike the Iraqi retards, Iranian air defense are mobile, meaning they shoot-n-scoot. And you are aware that there are at least 52 if not as many as 61 F-14 Tomcats prowling the Iranian skies, right? And all of them have Phoenix missiles (back-engineered by Russians and Chinese) with a range of at least 90 nm, right?

I mention that, because Israel would need about 78 aircraft at the very, very least, and they'll be in Iranian skies with no command and control.

You know I'm talking about EW aircraft, right, like AWACs, Hawkeyes and such? The Israeli pilots would be totally blind. They wouldn't see missiles coming at them unless the missiles are close enough to trigger the radar warning receiver. And then they wouldn't see aircraft coming at them either. The Iranian F-4s and F-5s have a small profile and you're not going to see them until their up in your face firing. That's where an AWACs would be helpful.

And if an F-16 gets locked, you realize the only defense it has is to jettison its ordnance and bug-out. An F-15 could deal with it, but not an F-16, and certainly not with a strike load-out. An F-16 is like a pig on a bowling ball.

Anyway, those are (some of) the reasons Israel has never attacked Iran....and never will.

A new video game.

Thread killing....

Mircea
I know the Saudis would turn a blind eye to IDF aircraft transiting their airspace. E3Sentry are available too. Saudi Arabia is appalled over the idiot in the WH and this "deal".

The AIM-54 is a fire and forget but I doubt Iran has 10 F-14s ready for flight.

The only thing holding Israel back is lack of decent bunker busting bombs.

Old 07-21-2015, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I know the Saudis would turn a blind eye to IDF aircraft transiting their airspace. E3Sentry are available too. Saudi Arabia is appalled over the idiot in the WH and this "deal".

The AIM-54 is a fire and forget but I doubt Iran has 10 F-14s ready for flight.

The only thing holding Israel back is lack of decent bunker busting bombs.
Israel will find the perfect time to take action. I suspect that action may take the form of arranging a meeting between Supreme Council members and Allah. I doubt it will be a direct attempt on weaponry.

Just a guess though.

Old 07-21-2015, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Israel will find the perfect time to take action. I suspect that action may take the form of arranging a meeting between Supreme Council members and Allah. I doubt it will be a direct attempt on weaponry.

Just a guess though.
I meant "direct attack on weaponry." It's outside my editing time though.

Old 07-21-2015, 11:15 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Obots will do anything to avoid the truth about their messiah.
The NeoCONfused continue lame attempts at claiming they had nothing to do with destabilizing the ME.

Old 07-21-2015, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Obots will do anything to avoid the truth about their messiah.
Thanks for expanding my vocabulary on "O" words. Previously I had used "Obamanation" (also the name of a book), Oh-Bomb-Ah and "Obummer." Can you suggest any more to a liberal Democrat discussed with him?

Last edited by jbgusa; 07-21-2015 at 12:50 PM.. Reason: Capitalized "Democrat."

Old 07-21-2015, 12:17 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I applaud your belief and trust in the Saudis. They are surely a big player when it comes to likes of Al Qaeda, ISIS and 9/11 participants, aren't they?
They are like Russia in WWII but not really a threat like the it. One has to remember it was that long before WWI and reinforced by WWII that Colonialist Europe where seen as greatest threat by Americans. In fact after and before WWII experience with Europe in WWI reinforced the belief in Europe as old world corrupt colonialist powers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies