Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2015, 10:44 AM

1,291 posts, read 1,523,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I understand purchasing power. We are having almost no inflation. The economy is partially in the tank, would be nice if the current administration would decrease regulations to allow businesses to expand and hire.
Instead you are busy trying to take money from business, which ultimately comes from its customers and redistribute it to those who do not work then complain business isn't doing enough when you are taking the money it needs to actually hire people.
Inflation is nil right now, this year. Since 1990 we have had regular inflation (extreme inflation in some sectors such as healthcare and education) without wage increases to keep up. The economy is in the tank, and it's not because government is spending too much on its people. It's because the government is spending money on things that aren't focused on the things we need for the economy to expand. Some of it is social welfare, some of it is military, and some of it is because we are not taking the pooling wealth and funding projects that are sorely needed to increase trade capacity in this nation. We are also allowing the private sector to stiff their employers by taking so much wealth and not spending it on wage increases.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2015, 10:45 AM

50,807 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
How does increasing taxation stimulate the economy. You should learn about health care rationing and limited care options in the single payer systems in other countries before you run around touting it as the best solution.

The government has done such a good job with the VA, of course they will run health care for everyone just as well.
I have personally known people in Canada who get all the health care services they have needed, never rationed, and never postponed any longer than my surgeries were postponed (or as the hospital put it, "scheduling issues").

And even if there are problems in some countries, does that mean we have to have a substandard system if we go in that direction. I thought you folks say "America is the greatest country on earth". Then we can create the greatest health care system. Or aren't we really the greatest country on earth?

Old 07-16-2015, 10:46 AM

Quote:

The government has done such a good job with the VA, of course they will run health care for everyone just as well.
You're absolutely right. Republicans in Congress and the White House have done little or nothing to see that the VA system works well.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:47 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I have personally known people in Canada who get all the health care services they have needed, never rationed, and never postponed any longer than my surgeries were postponed (or as the hospital put it, "scheduling issues").

And even if there are problems in some countries, does that mean we have to have a substandard system if we go in that direction. I thought you folks say "America is the greatest country on earth". Then we can create the greatest health care system. Or aren't we really the greatest country on earth?
Since who know someone in Canada that means governmental reports about health care delays are completely wrong.

What made America the greatest country on earth was the amount of personal freedom that citizens had, unfortunately that has been slowly taken away over the last 100 years culminating now with a tax against individuals who make a personal decision on purchasing health insurance.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Or aren't we really the greatest country on earth?
It's becoming questionable. Stagnant ideals in how to deal with an economy and failure to recognize mistakes in the past has been our downfall.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Is it too much to ask people to learn that if they cannot afford children, to either abstain completely (which I know is easier said than done) or take the necessary precautions to avoid unwanted pregnancies? I honestly pity these kids, because many of them don't even have a shot due to the mother being single, and having multiple baby daddies, which is not a stable environment to effectively raise children. Sadly, the current system enables this. It honestly pays more to sit around and pump out more children than to go out and get a job! Look I realize s*** happens, and there is no 100% way to avoid pregnancy. I understand it happening once. But, after the 2nd one don't you think the light would go on, and that woman would take the steps to further avoid it? And yet, we had a woman awhile back that had 15 kids and demanding that someone else has to pay for them! Where is the accountability on her end? We've become allergic to responsibility in this country, and it is always someone elses fault, and never the individual!
Think of what you just said.

You feel so much pity for these kids that you would prefer they not exist.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:49 AM

23 posts, read 15,184 times
Do most people know where their taxes go . A bulk of it goes to pay for military and social security.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Think of what you just said.

You feel so much pity for these kids that you would prefer they not exist.
I'd be interested to hear his ideas on abortion.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:52 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwahfromtheheart View Post
Inflation is nil right now, this year. Since 1990 we have had regular inflation (extreme inflation in some sectors such as healthcare and education) without wage increases to keep up. The economy is in the tank, and it's not because government is spending too much on its people. It's because the government is spending money on things that aren't focused on the things we need for the economy to expand. Some of it is social welfare, some of it is military, and some of it is because we are not taking the pooling wealth and funding projects that are sorely needed to increase trade capacity in this nation. We are also allowing the private sector to stiff their employers by taking so much wealth and not spending it on wage increases.
Have no fear, wages are starting to grow
Wage Growth Shows Nascent Signs of Breakout - WSJ

Hopefully the government can get out of the way and stop the importation of low skilled labor that is keeping wages down.

Old 07-16-2015, 11:04 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
This just shows how little you know about business. I would love for you to try and run a successful business while employing 5-10 people.

This has to be the most delusional post I have seen this month and that is saying something on this forum.
Owned 3. Retired at 52

Last edited by crone; 07-16-2015 at 11:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies