Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2015, 05:56 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times

Advertisements

I thought this went well.....cannot wait until the debates....
I'm going to try to get a hold of his book

not only are our leaders incompetent, but the intelligence of our society has dropped, we have not progressed we've regressed.

Donald Trump Sounds Off on Iran Deal, Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton | Fox News Insider
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2015, 06:45 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
I walked into the middle of the movie.

Apparently, Trump contacted The Morning Joe Show during a commercial break, this morning. The purpose of the call was to place a wager with " Lawrence" an evening show host who reportedly said Trump lied about his financial interest in the Apprentice. Trump bet his one year salary vs Lawrence's salary to prove it.

This blah-blah cut into Rick Perry's time.

Old 07-16-2015, 06:52 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
not only are our leaders incompetent, but the intelligence of our society has dropped, we have not progressed we've regressed.
That is true. U.S. millennials rank at the bottom, internationally, in thinking abilities, workplace skills, and technological problem-solving:
Quote:
"U.S. millennials performed horribly.

That might even be an understatement, given the extent of the American shortcomings. No matter how you sliced the data – by class, by race, by education – young Americans were laggards compared to their international peers. In every subject, U.S. millennials ranked at the bottom or very close to it, according to a new study by testing company ETS.

...But surely America’s brightest were on top?

Nope. U.S. millennials with master’s degrees and doctorates did better than their peers in only three countries, Ireland, Poland and Spain. Those in Finland, Sweden and Japan seemed to be on a different planet.

Top-scoring U.S. millennials – the 90th percentile on the PIAAC test – were at the bottom internationally, ranking higher only than their peers in Spain.

...The ETS study noted that a decade ago the skill level of American adults was judged mediocre. “Now it is below even that.” So Millennials are falling even further behind.

“It doesn’t seem like it’s going to get better if we stay on the road we’re on,” Goodman said."
U.S. millennials post 'abysmal' scores in thinking abilities, workplace skills, and technological problem-solving - Washington Post

Old 07-16-2015, 07:10 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That is true. U.S. millennials rank at the bottom, internationally, in thinking abilities, workplace skills, and technological problem-solving:
Many of them would be perfect for another Pavlov experiment.

Old 07-16-2015, 07:19 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

U.S. millennials post 'abysmal' scores in thinking abilities, workplace skills, and technological problem-solving - Washington Post
I'm going to warn you now...I can't spell, but think you'll get the drift of what I'm saying.

seriously, I've been noting this over the many years, probably since computers became a part of our lives, and I believe you'll agree....

I have a tendency to observe a lot, and think a lot...love watching people....and of course, remembering how things used to be. Change is important, and inevitable, but unfortunately people forget, I've seen that in these forums, or, they are uninformed....including myself....

What I've noted is, during dealings with customer service departments on many levels, that we are less accurate now in our book keeping, then ever before.

Accuracy doesn't seem to be a concern any longer....which years ago, if you were not accurate, you were fired, with no compensation...which gave employees something more to think about when it came to job performance and loyalty to the job.

what seems to have taken place within many companies in the U.S. is the fear of law suits....therefore, it takes companies a very long time to collect details of work ethics or should I say, non-ethics. Seems companies have a tendency to reward bad behavior....I see this within my own company. Corruption is seeping thru the cracks on all levels...of our society.

There are two girls within our company that are chronically defiant of rules...they believe rules do not apply to them...and when confronted about it, they spaz out and make threats...HR services are unable to control them or do anything, and neither are our union leaders. They were walked out once b/c of their behavior and hired back? So, because of their bad behavior, (they take off constantly) the whole group of us are penalized. Why? Because HR fears making decisions...and making examples of them....by firing them....???? This causes ineficency....b/c others that might be border line offenders, now say, "Why should I care, rules don't apply to me either". Can you see the importance of rules and ensuring they are not only put in place, but keeping them effective and working properly.

A definciency in Problem-solving isn't just isolated to technolgical fields, but also, with personal skills. We are unable to look at the long term effects of a decisions and assess both negative and positive outcomes preparing for them both.

When you cause the slightest flaw, within any system, that involves a group of people, it's like a trickle down effect. One tiny little rule within the company, is ignored, and then another, and another and over a period of years....as more rules are ignored, inefficent ways of doing business stagnates growth.

The same with education, and any other part of our society....and it's been happening over the last 50 years, within every aspect of our systems. We hire people on race, rather then who is more qualified for the position? Its not working....period! It is actually breaking down society....

What is fair is fair, if you want the job you'd better be the best qualified candidate, regardless....b/c it's not working this way.

here is a better example

years ago, I worked construction, and of course, you had to hire a certain percentage of ethnic businesses....we were building roads...and like building a home, it is extremely time sensitive....after one group of workers comes in, they ready the job for another group, and the completion of that work depends on them showing up on the job when they are supposed to. Well, we had this one group of workers who were of another race, who would never show up when they were supposed to, never call, never answer calls, etc. It just doesn't work, period.

Oh my, I could go on and one, but I'm sure you understand and see, how America has been going down....big time....and we haven't even touched base on greed....

So, yes indeed, you are correct and these tests are correct....intellectual skills are declining....I can't even spell....and this common core business is a joke...lets get back to teaching kids how to problem solve and envision the long term effects of any decission and though process. Poverty is caused by the lack of intellect, and rewarded by giving people no reason to work.

Do you see how the trickle down effect takes over in many small ways, but over time, it effects everything.

Like for instance, a small amount of water, can do a heck of a lot of damage over a long period of time...

We are that small amount of water....

Trump I believe, sees this, and wears it very heavily, b/c as long as this continues, regardless of how hard he worked, this is certainly going to affect the lives of his grand kids.....

Old 07-16-2015, 07:27 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
If we don't get a hold of our society and stomp out liberalism the country will break up and the smartest will form their own country so they can continue to progress. We have become stagnant and it's not sustainable.

Old 07-16-2015, 08:35 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Thumbs up The Trumpet

If you follow politics, ya just gotta love it.

Trump has transformed this year's GOP clown car from a sideshow of ignorant blathering like it was four years back into today's equivalent of the food fight from Animal House.

you go, Donnie!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies